Fabio Paratici

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

New DOF to come in, sounds like not before the new manager though. Always a farce with Spurs.

The club is aiming to replace Paratici with an external candidate, who will report to incoming chief football officer Scott Munn, who is due to start on July 1, when his gardening leave with City Football Group ends.

Ideally, Paratici's replacement would have a leading say on the identity of the new head coach but Spurs are reluctant to delay their search for a new manager, with Chelsea also recruiting in the same market and a number of leading European clubs likely to be looking for a change in the summer.

Don't really see how people think FP did a bad job.

he fixed the infrastructure for recruitment, the scouting system is clearly improved, he had a plan for the type of players to sign and absolutely has an eye for a player.

BUT

His idea of football probably was never the best match for how Spurs fans want to watch football.
Not a single player came in and improved the team this season

"Fixed the recruitment"

I just don't get this

And Bentancur and Kulusevski, while they are good players, were just convenient signings from mates at his old club. He's not a big loss.

He's a big loss in the context of how poor our recruitment had been prior to him unless you were happy with the shower of shit that we were bringing into the club before he turned up...

New DOF to come in, sounds like not before the new manager though. Always a farce with Spurs.

The club is aiming to replace Paratici with an external candidate, who will report to incoming chief football officer Scott Munn, who is due to start on July 1, when his gardening leave with City Football Group ends.

Ideally, Paratici's replacement would have a leading say on the identity of the new head coach but Spurs are reluctant to delay their search for a new manager, with Chelsea also recruiting in the same market and a number of leading European clubs likely to be looking for a change in the summer.
This is utter nonsense from Levy.

Scott Munn knows fuck all about potential Directors of Football, or potential Head Coaches. He's a marketing geezer, seeking to maximise revenue and improve "corporate processes". He has zero experience of European football.

The board (Levy, Lewis' daughter, and Lewis - if he actually gives a fuck), need to set out a clear strategy for our famous club - such as playing attacking, high tempo football, signing talented players in their late teens / early 20s with the potential to become top class (as we did with Modric, Berbatov, Bale, Verts, Walker, Eriksen, Gazza etc), and giving opportunities to our most talented Academy players.

Then, they need to appoint a DoF who shares that philosophy and has the knowledge & contacts to deliver it effectively.

Finally, the DoF needs to identify the Head Coaches who are most likely to succeed within the agreed strategy.

But it's clear we have no plan. Just more bland statements from Levy & co.

I'm sure the Headless Panic will soon set in as we watch other clubs secure our preferred managerial & playing targets.

He's a big loss in the context of how poor our recruitment had been prior to him unless you were happy with the shower of shit that we were bringing into the club before he turned up...
It was shit before him and then at best average while he was here.
Maybe one of the likes of Sarr and Udogie will turn out to be inspired. Time will tell.

Because anyone with a brain can see our squad is in a better state than it was in 2021 meaning that a potential new manager can get more out of these players.
Bullshit

Our squad is a mess

Horrendous CBs

Poor goalkeepers

Dreadful LWBs

One Striker actually capable of scoring goals (probably leaving)

Workmanlike midfielders

Your deluded if you think otherwise

It was shit before him and then at best average while he was here.
Maybe one of the likes of Sarr and Udogie will turn out to be inspired. Time will tell.

Well you can argue about the subjectivity all you want, the point is our squad is in better shape and it seems like you agree with that.

This is utter nonsense from Levy.

Scott Munn knows fuck all about potential Directors of Football, or potential Head Coaches. He's a marketing geezer, seeking to maximise revenue and improve "corporate processes". He has zero experience of European football.

The board (Levy, Lewis' daughter, and Lewis - if he actually gives a fuck), need to set out a clear strategy for our famous club - such as playing attacking, high tempo football, signing talented players in their late teens / early 20s with the potential to become top class (as we did with Modric, Berbatov, Bale, Verts, Walker, Eriksen, Gazza etc), and giving opportunities to our most talented Academy players.

Then, they need to appoint a DoF who shares that philosophy and has the knowledge & contacts to deliver it effectively.

Finally, the DoF needs to identify the Head Coaches who are most likely to succeed within the agreed strategy.

But it's clear we have no plan. Just more bland statements from Levy & co.

I'm sure the Headless Panic will soon set in as we watch other clubs secure our preferred managerial & playing targets.

I agree with you about Munn in particular. He's got about as much of a clue who should be appointed as you or me.

Sarr, Gil both serious talents.

I like what I have seen of Gil so far.

Emerson has found himself eventually and looks to be exactly the type of character and professional that we never used top sign. The guy is mentally very tough.

As you can probably tell from my user name, I'm still expecting Richy to be a great signing. Bissoumas is in that boat as well.

Even Danjuma could end up a very astute signing.

Edit: Spence is a talent that recently locked up Mbappe and Messi, Udogie we can't judge yet but also looks a serious talent. Romero is already a in the same category as Kulu and Bentancur.
Good grief, he was shocking at football for 18 months and then managed to have 2 or 3 back to back competent performances before getting crocked, can we save this narrative that he's some kind of success story until he has managed a full month of decent form?

Bullshit

Our squad is a mess

Horrendous CBs

Poor goalkeepers

Dreadful LWBs

One Striker actually capable of scoring goals (probably leaving)

Workmanlike midfielders

Your deluded if you think otherwise

Well this is what happens when you rebuild, you're not going to be able to replace every single player in a short space of time so it will inevitably have holes in it.

What you need to ask yourself is is the squad in a better state than it was before he came in yes or no?

Back
Top Bottom