Spurs vs Brighton, Sat 8 April, 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Apart from goal didn't see any of this on MOTD..such shit coverage
The media (indeed the football community ) narrative is how amazing Brighton are/were - yes they pass it well and our style to concede possession plays into their hands - yes they should have had a penalty - that doesn’t mean they win the game - after all the recent hype I was actually disappointed with Brighton - thought they were fairly passive and didn’t threaten much in the second half

Nobody really mentioned it but that finish by Kane was much harder than it looked, having to avoid all those defenders he put in the only spot where there was a tight gap.

Pretty much the only thing he did but he did it well.

We've been the pantomime villain in the PL narrative for a long time. I just embrace it. I want more of these clubs against us, FTW mentality.

I'd happily just watch it all burn, we ain't winning anything so getting other fans annoyed is something I get a kick out of.

:dembelefingers:

Yes I was surprised to see at the end we had 9 shots, when they only showed the goals, and Brighton not getting penalties. It was a badly biased set of highlights.
You say that like you're surprised. They showed all that in the MOTD2 highlights too, when all they normally show is the goals of a Saturday game and of course had to mention that Howard Webb had issued an apology to Brighton. That's when I turned it off.

Nobody really mentioned it but that finish by Kane was much harder than it looked, having to avoid all those defenders he put in the only spot where there was a tight gap.
Yeah great goal. Little deflection to help out.

Danjuma did a great run in, dragging a couple of defenders with him and clearing some space for H otherwise it would have been three times as tricky.

Why was the penalty call wrong? There was no intent, just an accidental contact. Not every contact is a foul.
Didntbthete had to be intent it’s like every other foul. No requirement to judge on intent. Example if you win the ball but then follow through you normally get pulled up for that.

Mason will be in charge against Bournemouth though. Will be interesting if he goes rogue in game 😂
I doubt it his only in charge for the 90 minutes. The team selection and everything else will be done before by stellini. I’m sure during the gane he’ll be in touch with him some how as well. No chance a change formation or tactics. May be whilst game is playing mason tweaks things giving out instructions.

.So many teams have done that to us as early as the first half. I despise it though. It’s a cancer in the game and we have two of the worst for it in Hojbjerg and Romero. If you are on the pitch with those two and they start that whether we are winning,losing or drawing someone has to drag them up. Win,draw or lose with class. The only way to stop it is book them or just add on ridiculous amount of time at the end. The second part of the World Cup was better because refs added on stupid amounts of time early in the tournament. It’ll bite you on the arse because you are more likely to make mistakes late on when you are tired.
Yes Romero dies it every gane even in the first half. Also with his general play of walking/ standing still with the ball. Pisses me right as there is no way we can then build any attack up as the oppo are all back in their positions. As for PEH his also a time waster , loses the ball , goes down looking for a foul. Still remember the spam away game start of season. 2nd half he completely ruins any impetuous we had by going down multiple times and looking as if he had to come off. He played the full 90, we let spam take control and they got equaliser. We should have lost that game as well.

It’s fucking horrible that they can miss a call that simple. It’s clearly a pen, most of us called it in the game thread right away and yet the VAR blows it. I think the “clear and obvious error” is the part that is causing the issue. The VAR feels as though it has to be assault to overturn the on-field ref. But this isn’t some stupid reffing competition, VARs purpose is to call fouls correctly.

Guarantee that’s called a penalty in Europe. Europe has its own issues (mainly calling way too many handballs) but they do most things better than the EPL.
They should do away with the clear and obvious error but. That is subjective anyway. Who decided that? All they should go review the incident stand alone and call it as it is. What is the point of var on pens if they can’t call it black is black? The other thing is to at least get the ref to review instead of standing around picking his nose go over to the bloody monitor. Fucking pisses me off when var takes 3 minutes cannot decide then calls the ref over. Ref should be there at the monitor from the start reviewing in tandem with var.

Didntbthete had to be intent it’s like every other foul. No requirement to judge on intent. Example if you win the ball but then follow through you normally get pulled up for that.
If you win the ball and follow through the foul is for dangerous play. The no penalty call was fine, if they had given it there would have been a case as well.

A 50:50 call that pundits are calling a “disgrace” because they are desperate to seem relevant. The officials did OK.

This is the truest thing I’ve read on here. If we played with any intensity yesterday we’d have won comfortably. We have better players than most teams but if you don’t go after your opponents with aggression and intensity you will get outplayed especially in the formation we play.
Said that so many times over last 3 years. You have to earn the right to play by being on front foot, aggressive and running to close down players. Basically box teams in.

Back
Top Bottom