Next Manager Poll (poll reset 11/04/23)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Next Manager

• Rodgers

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Potter

Votes: 25 6.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 177 42.1%
  • Kompany

Votes: 43 10.2%
  • Slot

Votes: 91 21.7%
  • Postecoglou

Votes: 73 17.4%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 31 7.4%
  • Xabi Alonso

Votes: 11 2.6%
  • Stellini

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Frank

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Luis Enrique

Votes: 21 5.0%
  • Zidane

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • Glasner

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Amorim

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Carrick

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 23 5.5%
  • Schmidt

Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters
With conte officially gone we can now openly, actively approach targets - I wouldn’t be surprised if there is a new manager in the dug out for the Brighton game

I get the point you're making, but whomever comes in should be someone who doesn't care if we're in the CL or if Kane will stay. You know, someone confident enough in himself to build a proper team, whether with or without Kane, and deliver results regardless. That could still be JN, but also a Gallardo, or Poch, or Amorim.

Good luck finding a top coach that doesn't care about playing in the champions league and is happy to no longer have the worlds best striker to help him in his quest to finish 4th.

The most episode of TFC podcast about Nagelsmann left me skeptical of him. I grant that it's not a move without an upside, but I wonder if he's someone who can truly lead star players and be the face of your club.

If I could vote Poch In Levy Out then I'm all in on Poch. As it stands I don't think repeating a situation where he isn't backed and it all goes sour would be the right move.

Nagelsmann seems like a Levy hire however, he wants someone who can get more out of the players he's got.

The most episode of TFC podcast about Nagelsmann left me skeptical of him. I grant that it's not a move without an upside, but I wonder if he's someone who can truly lead star players and be the face of your club.

If I could vote Poch In Levy Out then I'm all in on Poch. As it stands I don't think repeating a situation where he isn't backed and it all goes sour would be the right move.

Nagelsmann seems like a Levy hire however, he wants someone who can get more out of the players he's got.
I've read some pretty sketchy stuff too (e.g. about his ability to nurture players individually), but let's face it - he's still incredibly young and learning. Bayern recognised his ability and for god knows what reasons have axed him. The idealist in me thinks there's something very exciting about a young coach with proven experience at different levels (albeit only in BuLi) developing with our project and with plenty of youth to bed in.

Also, to your point about star players - besides Harry and Son we're not exactly studded, so i'm not sure if this charge sticks. Despite being a WC winner, Romero needs a lot more development imo. Lloris is likely off.

Maybe Chelsea sack potter and go for naglesmann?
The more it drags on and now we have interim management make me suspect pochettinho doesn’t want to come back 😢

I think we've definitely answered the question of whether Spurs need to play defensive, pragmatic football to win things. That is probably the biggest W of the Conte era.

History shows us that attacking managers building on defensive teams can work well for a season or two afterwards.

With conte officially gone we can now openly, actively approach targets - I wouldn’t be surprised if there is a new manager in the dug out for the Brighton game

I would be surprised. They have made a statement saying it’s Stellini and mason till the end of the season

I went Kompany but at any of the options who believe in good football will do me.

Good attacking football is a must.
I’ve got a very low bar for this manager search
Attacking football and someone who wants to be here would be a good start.
But seeing as Tuchel seemed to be 1st choice I’m not filled with confidence on who ENIC will go for

I would be surprised. They have made a statement saying it’s Stellini and mason till the end of the season
But they are only working as acting coaches. They can still be replaced should the right name come in.

But the most logical result is that we get our new manager nailed down for next season. And Stellini and Ryan see out the remaining games.

Back
Top Bottom