Spurs v Forest 11-Mar-23. 3pm ko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Forest were pretty poor, but you can only beat what's in front of you.

Felt for Richy today, his goal was a great finish cruel to have it taken off him for the tightest of offsides which seemed to take an absolute age to rule out. I'm so sick of VAR looking for reasons to disallow goals instead of just being used for clear and obvious stuff. But he was involved in all three of our goals, so glad he was on the pitch today.

Atmosphere was weird, despite the fact it was a chance to pull clear of Liverpool after their unexpected defeat it had all the atmosphere of an end of season dead rubber even after the goals started going in. I don't know how Conte gets the fans back onside if he even wants to.

Felt like everyone was waiting for us to fuck up so we could have a go at the owners, the manager and/or the players. We are all just so fed up being used I think. They’ve really managed to fuck up a whole fanbase. All trust has been lost.

No... Just curious.

There was Poch chanting after the game on Wednesday and suprised there wasn't today after how he's been acting since.
I'm glad there wasn't, it's not helpful and we've still got something to play for, we need to put what's happened behind us and focus on the games left.

It was vital we scored when we did, the crowd were starting to grumble and I was hearing some shit talk about effort etc.

As a complete aside, Forest are a very poor side, I don't see how some are comparing them to AC Milan who are demonstrably superior in every way.

Forest are a very poor side, I don't see how some are comparing them to AC Milan who are demonstrably superior in every way.

Of course they are......... A like for like comparison never entered my mind for a moment.

I expected a tougher time of it from them; though we still inevitably did enough to keep their hopes alive in the 2nd half.

Of course they are......... A like for like comparison never entered my mind for a moment.

I expected a tougher time of it from them; though we still inevitably did enough to keep their hopes alive in the 2nd half.
Agreed.

There's a 'let's relax we're comfortable' element about some of our players which is infuriating and every manager seems to come up against it.

Still feel it is the defence which stops us being a really good side.Ben Davies and Dyer are very limited and I am still not convinced about Lenglet.Thought Richie and Skippy were amazing today.

I said it the first time we played them. Forest are really poor. If they stay up it'll be from sheer energy of their home fans. They're wide open without even being very threatening.

Good day for us Spurs today , we absolutely needed the three points today and the team never looked in doubt that they wouldnt deliver them .
As many have mentioned , Skippy played very well and Forster ( despite the one mistake ) certainly brings a certain degree of calmness at the back .
You have to take the oppositions quality into the mix , and Forest were poor but we slipped up in these sort of games many times , so I’ll take that .
The Dippers losing to Bournemouth and Brighton dropping points also helped to lift the spirits .With Citeh winning , the Goons will be under a little pressure tomorrow and Fulham might just surprise them . Hopefully they will and round off a good weekend for us , we needed it . COYS

I'm encouraged (slightly) by today. Forest are not very good. Skipp was massive. Really, really ticked off with VAR. A goal for Richie would have really put him on the front foot going forward. He still played well the rest of the game. FF was good in goal, except for that one fuck up. Kind of seemed like a lack of experience, he was totally fooled by the action in front of him. Let's go Cottagers.

Attendance 61460. What about all those empty seats on web site? Those that went were there any more empty seats than normal?
Pretty packed around me(South Stand B257 R18), and I noticed a few of the regulars had sold their tickets: I must admit that I forced myself + hangover, to go today, and so did a couple of my mates. Didn't really notice too many empty seats. Glad I made the effort though.

Wondering did anyone else Have the misfortune to have to listen to yesterday's game on talk sport? ... If that wasn't bad enuf, it's summarizer was Alvin Martyn, what a whining miserable twat, he did almost nothing but moan/bitch for 90 mins,.

Back
Top Bottom