Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Maybe the first sign a change is underway

3ifAqala_400x400.jpg

Paratici to Jail - Done deal, here we go! Announcement Soon.

In the grand scheme of things no it’s not a sackable offence based on the result.
It’s they way we whimpered out without so much as an attempt to win.
If we were one nil up from the first leg going away for the 2nd leg, we would have been peppered with attack after attack but we chose to take Kulu off to bring on Sanchez as if he was going to get that goal.
Yes.

I can actually see a tiny bit of logic in the Sanchez sub- keep trying to nick an equaliser and remain solid at the back through extra time. He can go up for set pieces and crosses - which he did, and his pace helped.

Problem is the message it sends that we aren't even trying to score...and the fact that Sanchez isn't exactly Messi.

It ain't just on Conte, the football has obviously been garbage, but the "backing" of him has been typically half measure. 34yo free transfer lwb, loan unwanted lcb, Everton needing to sell Richarlison. Bissouma and Spence I think will end up decent signings for the club, but even Spence at 15m wasn't brought in before the start of pre-season and seemingly unwanted by the manager.

We didn't spend 60m on Richarlison on the basis that Everton needed to sell him...... We're not a bloody charity!

Just like when they did their due diligence last time appointing a DOF who only works with pragmatic managers after levy said he wanted attacking football.
The interview with Paratici would have been simply

Levy: "can you obtain players that are cheap but appear good because of their current club, to keep the fans quiet?"

Paratici: "Have you heard of the new Cafu at Barcelona and highly rated Croatian world cup hero and Serie A winner Perisic?" "Also have you heard that Juventus have shit loads of unwanted players?"

Levy: Hired!

Last edited:
What makes you think he didn't want Lenglet? Cause all signs point to him being Conte's signing.
A 60m bid for Bastoni would have been a move toward a Conte signing. We went for a guy Barca were desperate to get off the wages as a placeholder for the year. We've signed Lenglet on a loan with no option to buy for one. That he was an error-prone, out of favour player at Barcelona. I'm sure Conte agreed to the signing.. none of us have much idea how involved Conte is on suggesting targets. In isolation it's not even a terrible move, but I can't imagine he arrived to the season rubbing his hands together thinking we'd sorted our lcb situation.

Yes.

I can actually see a tiny bit of logic in the Sanchez sub- keep trying to nick an equaliser and remain solid at the back through extra time. He can go up for set pieces and crosses - which he did, and his pace helped.

Nope. It was a shit, cowardly move and even stupider strategically...... There was only 7 mnutes on the clock to save our cup run. Get the goal and then firm up with a CB IF we manage to force extra time.

The interview with Paratici would have been simply

Levy: "can you obtain players that are cheap but appear good because of their current club to keep the fans quiet?"

Clubs like Brighton, Everton & Udinese?

Paratici: "Have you heard of the new Cafu at Barcelona and highly rated Croatian world cup hero and Serie A winner

Are we still gonna pretend that Perisic was anything but a Conte choice? Are we really??????

Perisic?" "Also have you heard that Juventus have shit loads of unwanted players?"

Yeh, fuck Kulu & Bentacur; amirite?

Seriously.......

Yep and take into account the money we will probably miss out on in league position etc.
And at the moment you can only see us slipping down the table.
Yeah. The only big reason to not have him sacked already is that they want a successor nailed down before they pull the trigger.

A 60m bid for Bastoni would have been a move toward a Conte signing.

He wanted to stay at Inter.

Why would over-paying on a trf fee change that?

I'm more asking myself why he didn't jump at the chance to work with Conte again.....?

Last edited:
A 60m bid for Bastoni would have been a move toward a Conte signing. We went for a guy Barca were desperate to get off the wages as a placeholder for the year. We've signed Lenglet on a loan with no option to buy for one. That he was an error-prone, out of favour player at Barcelona. I'm sure Conte agreed to the signing.. none of us have much idea how involved Conte is on suggesting targets. In isolation it's not even a terrible move, but I can't imagine he arrived to the season rubbing his hands together thinking we'd sorted our lcb situation.
So, your reasoning is that he was out of favour and therefore not a Conte signing? Does this mean that you think Kulusevski and Bentancur were also not Conte signings?

Back
Top Bottom