Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To me, the most indicting thing about last night was actually Romero. Have many times has Alasdair Gold refered Conte talking about Romero needing fire in the heart and ice in the head (which is clearly not the precise wording; I cannot for the life of me remember. Someone remind me).

There's a world beater of a central defender in there. What's more, a leader of men. Yes, yes Romero will always be a feisty character. That's can't be coached out of him. Nor should it! But if you cannot teach a near world class defender to stay on his feet, and when he does stay on his feet to not jump into tackles when there's little risk (ie like the first yellow yesterday), then all hope is lost. I'm not entirely sure how much the players are listening to Conte and/or how much he is in fact coaching them individually, if he perpetually has a foot out the door...

So Conte and Nuno were our only choices that summer?

Where did I suggest anything of the sort?

1. Approached Nagglesman April: Declined and his job win BM was announced days mere days later.
2. ETH spoken to.... Club wasn't keen.
3. Drawm out discussions with Conte..... Couldn't agree/Conte decided he wanted a break after inter (his words)
4. Dicking around considering Fonsecca, Gattuso and eventually plumped for Nuno

......All widely reported.

If Conte had said yes; that would have been that.

I know. But he would have to pay a manger as well as Conte if he bins him, it would still const him more money than just keeping Conte.

Different claim then.

Regardless, Mason's already on the payroll. Get it done.

If Conte walked then we wouldn't have to pay him a dime right?

But he's not that silly so sacking would mean we'd need to pay two managers between now and end of year.

As above.

Now that Conte is mocking the club and goading Levy into sacking him you just know Levys ego isnt going to allow him to do it and Conte will be here until the bitter end

To me, the most indicting thing about last night was actually Romero. Have many times has Alasdair Gold refered Conte talking about Romero needing fire in the heart and ice in the head (which is clearly not the precise wording; I cannot for the life of me remember. Someone remind me).

There's a world beater of a central defender in there. What's more, a leader of men. Yes, yes Romero will always be a feisty character. That's can't be coached out of him. Nor should it! But if you cannot teach a near world class defender to stay on his feet, and when he does stay on his feet to not jump into tackles when there's little risk (ie like the first yellow yesterday), then all hope is lost. I'm not entirely sure how much the players are listening to Conte and/or how much he is in fact coaching them individually, if he perpetually has a foot out the door...
No room for ice with all that fucking cement in his head...

:romeroshock:

Back
Top Bottom