Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My gut feeling is that perhaps Levy and a few others want Poch back, but the same number are against and would rather us go for someone new.

I expect a few have a hard on for Tuchel.

He’s gone, it’s just a question of when the board agree on something.

Make It Rain Money GIF by Tim and Eric
That shouldn't even be an argument. Levy has definitely paid more to sack a manager than the 5-6 mil it would cost to sack Conte.

My gut feeling is that perhaps Levy and a few others want Poch back, but the same number are against and would rather us go for someone new.

I expect a few have a hard on for Tuchel.

He’s gone, it’s just a question of when the board agree on something.
I suspect the same. Some want the "safe" option in Poch. Some want to go for something new.

Yeah. Can't believe we haven't back Conte right? except the near 300m outlay .

Porro 45m
Richarlison 58m
Bissouma 30m
Peresic
Lenglet
Gil 25m
Royal 25m
Bentencaur 20m
Romero 50m
Forster
Danjuma
Udogie 18m
Spence 15m
Sarr 17m
Kulusevski
Gil, Romero, Royal? They were here before Conte got here.

Udogie and Spence were obviously just a club signing, how many times have they played for us?

Might wanna redo those calculations.

Losing 1-0 to Milan, on the face of it, isn't a sackable offence in itself. But limping out to Forest and Sheffield, then his claims last night that we can't compete, are good enough evidence he needs to go for me.
In the grand scheme of things no it’s not a sackable offence based on the result.
It’s they way we whimpered out without so much as an attempt to win.
If we were one nil up from the first leg going away for the 2nd leg, we would have been peppered with attack after attack but we chose to take Kulu off to bring on Sanchez as if he was going to get that goal.

At this point he wants the payout. He's not walking, Levy won't budge. Genius man that he is. Got to save that severance.

I wish people would stop chatting this crap.

Conte's contract gets paid off whether he gets sacked or not.

Conte is at the club because of the disastrous appointment of Nuno, if ENIC had got that initial appointment right he wouldn't be here.

Rubbish..... We only ended up with Nuno in the first place cos Conte turned us down in the summer '21.

Last edited:
It ain't just on Conte, the football has obviously been garbage, but the "backing" of him has been typically half measure. 34yo free transfer lwb, loan unwanted lcb, Everton needing to sell Richarlison. Bissouma and Spence I think will end up decent signings for the club, but even Spence at 15m wasn't brought in before the start of pre-season and seemingly unwanted by the manager.

This feels remarkably similar to Ireland under Martin O'Neill. He'd play the same bang average players every single game, never give a chance to younger players (grealish and rice FFS). Played shit boring football. And every interview he'd say "we just don't have great players, it's really difficult".
The best managers find a way to make what they've got work. O'Neill was a cunt, so is Conte it seems

That shouldn't even be an argument. Levy has definitely paid more to sack a manager than the 5-6 mil it would cost to sack Conte.
Yep and take into account the money we will probably miss out on in league position etc.
And at the moment you can only see us slipping down the table.

Catcha 22 .....uttered in my bestest Italian accent, both Levy and Conte know the position is severed come end of season. The only thing left to be established is timing, money /wages doesn't come into the equation. Conte has stated his mind is made up and hinted it may happen sooner rather than later so watch this space....I read or heard a comment last night by a fan saying watching us atm sucks all the energy out of you and I can't think of a better description tbh.

It ain't just on Conte, the football has obviously been garbage, but the "backing" of him has been typically half measure. 34yo free transfer lwb, loan unwanted lcb, Everton needing to sell Richarlison. Bissouma and Spence I think will end up decent signings for the club, but even Spence at 15m wasn't brought in before the start of pre-season and seemingly unwanted by the manager.
That is true and we cannot forget Levy's involvement in all of this but for me we had more than enough to beat Forest in the league cup, Sheff Utd in the FA cup and a poor AC Milan.
The system and substitutions in each game were what cost us.

You play a system to suit the players you have and you play in form players. Conte does neither.

Back
Top Bottom