Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When Conte was appointed I said it was the wrong decision and would end badly because Conte is another manager that needs 200M+ a window to do anything. However we appointed him and since have been a defender of Conte and know that ENIC is the main reason we are in this mess and yet even Iv lost patience with him

The football isnt any better than under Mourinho. His boring dogmatic style that he refuses to change. Theres more to life than a wing back ffs. There are another 9 players on the pitch too. He’s had the benefit of a DoF. He was always apprehensive about joining. Kept crying when we would lose saying maybe hes not the right fit and that he’d rather leave than stay claiming a wage. And yet a season later he’s still here despite the football going from bad to worse. He went awol for a couple of weeks to recover something he could have done in London not like he doesnt have the money. Farcical really. Excuses about family, then why take the job if he was gunna get homesick? Did he feel this way when at Chelsea? Again, has plenty of money to move his family for a short time.

This is all just absolutely pointless. I would say there would still be some glimmer of hope if he actually wanted to be here but hes absolutely checked out and completely disinterested. Talking nonsense about Milans history. Bollocks. That was two teams set up last night and neither of them showed up when they were there for the taking.

At the end of the day you cant do anything with a manager that simply doesnt want to be here. We arent a stop gap. Sack now and bring in someone that genuinely wants to manage and sees a longterm future at the club. If its Poch theres still a fair amount of games to analyse the squad. Waiting until the summer harms us

And this is a textbook case of Levy and the board needing to take a risk. Do so, there’s a good chance that with a new manager bounce, we scrape top 4.

This club so desperately needs some sort of positivity.

I don't know if anyone has already written this before me, but ...Conte should be required to pay back all the money he has pilfered from this club. He seems so dishonest.

Just caught up with Conte's post match press conference on Chris Cowlin's YT feed.

Conte was absolutely pathetic there but also the journos should really be holding him to account. Fans can't ask him questions, they are supposed to on our behalf.

First of all - I told after Leeds game... that was on 12th of November 2022... that Conte should be sacked on the spot. Here we are - 4 months later. Why did we waste all this time and opportunities? Why did we commit to buy 45 mil RWB when we have no capable CBs? I don't get any of that.

But while in November I just thought that Conte is totally out of ideas and helpless... then now it has become extremely clear that he is intentionally shitting on our beloved club. He is engeneering his sacking and actively trying to do shit job. There cannot be any other explanation. I told this for like a month already, but if there are any doubters, just go back and read his press conference quotes. Specially part about "they might be dissapointed and sack me" and "how Milan is on different level club compared to Spurs".

I have seen and can kind of understand managers being not good enough. But it has became blatantly obvious that his aim is to make us suffer until the point of sacking. Cause in recent months, we have somehow stumbled upon some incredible chances. But he has intentionally reversed those options. I'll try to keep list short and understandable, but here are examples I remember -

1) Sonny starting vs Sonny coming from the bench - Sonny started season slowly but somehow always started. Against Leicester, for once, he was left on a bench, came in as a sub and scored a hat-trick. After that he was restated to starting XI. And in 21 EPL starts has scored ONE goal.
2) Trusting young guns / belief in youngsters - After restart of the season, Villa game was piss-poor. Then against Crystal Palace, for various reasons we had to use youngsters. Skippy and Gil started; White and Sarr came on as substitutions. This changed everything, we were way more energetic than usual, this lifted others as well and we won 4:0. Biggest away win of the season (one more was one 2:0; others with 1 goal margin). This was followed by good performance against Pompey. But FIRST CHANCE he got, youngsters were nailed back to the bench until starters got seriously injured. And we have been lacking energy almost constantly.
3) Royal form and treatment - Royal start to the season was poor. It just was, not much room to argue with his low-point being first NLD (sent off). Then... somehow... he got into the groove with good performances against City (2x), Fulham, West Ham, Chelsea. And then all of the sudden. BENCHED. Why? How? How is that logical???
4) Actively demolishing working lineup - we put together really good run of results with wins against City, Chelsea and West Ham. Latter two included Davies and Royal as fullbacks with Richie starting RW. And then?!?!?!?!?! WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED? I can even understand rotation in Sheffield game. But surely this was just to get some rest and use excact same setup against Wolves, right? RIGHT? NO! In fact we've had 3 big games within last week. And we have not used this same lineup even for once. HOW??? What is the fucking excuse for that?

We have been stumbling upon solutions, longer or shorter term. But these have been actively reversed. If that is not working AGAINST the club, then I don't know what is.

Please - please - please. I know it is 4 moths too late but let's end this misery right here, right now. And if possible in most shameful possible manner. By calling out his total failure.

I do not care who will be put on charge. But I do know that if the most simple logics are followed -
- first bench Son and when you bring him on DON'T MAKE HIM PLAY WITH HIS BACK TO THE GOAL
- don't make forward line totally isolated with rest of the team; this just don't create chances
- play the in form players ffs
- make substitutions when things are not happening (not Sanchez on for Kulu while needing goal; not first change being Moura on from 77th minute against Sheffield)

I absolutely refuse to believe that lineup of
--------------Forster-------------
-Royal--Romero--Dier-Davies
--------Skipp------Sarr-----------
---Kulusevski-PEH--Danjuma-
----------------Kane---------------

Or if change of formation would be too much, then
--------------Forster-------------
-----Romero--Dier--Lenglet--
-Royal--------------------Davies
----------Sarr---PEH-----------
-------------Kulusevski--------
----------Kane---Danjuma-----

Could do any worse. It is almost not possible then to go 0:2 in 3 important games against beatable opponents.

If you're going to play this style of football then you simply have to get results. The only way this football is acceptable is if you win things and can see the desire and togetherness on the pitch. That's not happening here.

“I’ve been told by a very reliable source that a conversation between Conte and Levy is taking place some time this month and that an announcement on his future will be made between today and 2050.”

-Hercules

Can anyone think of 1 good reason as to why they might be keeping him? Levy and the board are 100% responsible for this, regardless of what you think of Conte, he’s not going to walk away from millions. The useless bald cunt at the top has the power to stop him but he’s sitting doing nothing.

Back
Top Bottom