Aston Villa v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

4gy.jpg

Is Jan trying to hold his breath?

Not involved tonight: Soldado, Eriksen, Rose, Lloris, Capoue, Lennon, Sigurdsson, Kaboul, Townsend, and Adebayor. That's incredible.

Wasn't expecting us to win by such a margin tonight. These games used to represent a banana peel for us in the past, but now we just blazed through it. It only shows the quality and depth of our current squad and that we are going in the right direction as a club.

All this shit about JD staking a claim. Is there any doubt that Holtby is the man of the match?
Soldado's not been scoring much so theres a big jump from a striker not scoring much recently to an inform Defoe. Compare that to any improvement from changing Eriksen to Holtby..its not a big improvement , if it even is. So it sort of makes sense that JD is staking a claim for a striker spot dont you think.

But yes holtby easily Motm today by a mile. Long may his good streak of performances continue.

Loving watching us play at the moment, we just look so comfortable, the players clearly believe in themselves and expect to win. And yet another clean-sheet...I love it. BTW, anyone know what our season record for clean sheets is in the BPL era?

true, and im sure that was a factor, but still it was proper empty at the end. just the cleaners walking about...

anyway, headline tomorrow in the papers:
SPURS MAKE VILLA LOOK PANTS
article-2431014-183C125500000578-221_634x416.jpg

Haha I haven;t seen a second of the game and had only heard about this incident on the radio jut now. It looks way worse than I imagined. What on earth was he doing?!

Soldado's not been scoring much so theres a big jump from a striker not scoring much recently to an inform Defoe. Compare that to any improvement from changing Eriksen to Holtby..its not a big improvement , if it even is. So it sort of makes sense that JD is staking a claim for a striker spot dont you think.

But yes holtby easily Motm today by a mile. Long may his good streak of performances continue.
Come on now, Soldado could score those just as easily at JD. He put two away against Tblisi as well. The chances he gets in a prem game are no where near as clear as the ones that Defoe has had in these cup games. Soldado's passing has been much better than Defoe's anyway. He hardly gives the ball away.

Nicklas Helenius challenges Jan Vertonghen: "Eat my Shorts", but finds that Jan pulled off a little more than he can chew.

Last edited:
Interested to here his complaint, as I wasn't the biggest fan of his incoming (much preferred Ljajic), but I must say I've been impressed with his contribution to team dynamic.

He just expects to much of the kid straight up, especially after seeing Eriksen make an instant impact. He reckoned Lamela looked a lot more confident tonight - I actually agree with him for once. Just hate how he seems to over look the fact he set up the goal on Sunday! Standard Spurs fan in many ways

I'm trying hard not to get carried away. Numerous fuck ups suggest that's the best option but this team is just plain sexy. Strong defence and banging the goals in :avbdamn: Still, Chelsea this weekend will be a good test of where we are as a team.

Back
Top Bottom