Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Imagine if Jose Mourinho and Antonio Conte, two of THE most successful managers of the 21st century with over 35 combined major titles, fail to win a single pot between them at Spurs

WOW!!!!

Fucking banter club or what!!!

He spent more money than any Tottenham manager that came before him in our ENTIRE HISTORY!!! We paid him €16m a year making him the 2nd highest-paid manager in the World (ahead of Klopp). Despite this and being blessed as our first manager to compete with the best infrastructure in World football he utterly tanked. Finished BOTH seasons outside of CL places, THE ONLY TIME THIS HAS HAPPENED in 7 straight seasons. Took over a team that finished top 4 and runners up in CL and turned them into a team that finished 6th then 7th, winning fewer games, losing more games, earning fewer points, scoring fewer goals, conceding more goals, getting knocked out of FA Cup to relegated Norwich at home, and then to a woeful Everton the following season. His crowning moment came against European heavyweights the Butchers of Bulgaria fucking Plovdiv, who comprehensively outplayed us to give them their greatest ever football night and easily our most humiliating, oh and did you know their manager was in prison at the time!!

Conte is paying the price for following this dinosaur cunt. By inheriting all of his transfer cloggers. He also inherited the most unfit team in the entire league, something the dinosaur oversaw as he literally did ZERO fitness work with the players (he did exactly the same to Utd players).

No Club in Italy has spent more than Roma since his arrival!!!! Please stop this drivel!!!!! He's 4th because Juve has been docked 15pts!!!! Fucking hell!!! But I will say this again.....NO CLUB IN ITALY HAS SPENT MORE MONEY THAN ROMA SINCE HE ARRIVED. He inherited a team that finished 7th and he took them to 6th having managed just 1pt more but still finished below their bitter rivals Lazio while they toiled in a financial meltdown. He was hired to WIN THE LEAGUE, it's why they lavished so much money on his team, yet he ended the season 23 points behind the winners! He is the 3rd highest paid manager in the world. Oh and he's just been dumped out of the Coppa Italia by the bottom-of-the-table Cremonese (not won a single league game this season) at home. "He's a Winner".

The "trophy" he won was what? That one that no one can name without googling it? The one that no one even wants to be in.

Keep coming back with this nonsense and I will keep coming back with indisputable facts that show time and time again that he was shit.
You aren't writing facts. You are downplaying his achievement. He broke Roma 14 years trophy drought in a same competition Conte also competing and lost to farmers called Mura

who said he was hired to win the league at Roma ? Their club are under FFP restrictions for the next 4 years , Roma isn't expected to win anything, i think their owner also lied to Mourinho about the state their club in when they first hired just like Levy lied about wanting to give him money and time at spurs which is why i think it's going to be Chelsea again hiring him back for next season

At the end of the day the only fact remains are Spurs has spend 300m since they sack him , won 0 and not even in better state or anything
How did you spend +300m and your football isn't get any better , not in the slightest?

Roma since hiring him , has a negative net spend ( Tammy cost 40m , celik cost 7m , the rest of his signing was loan and free players and he has sold more players including 20m for Zaniolo ) won 1

Last edited:
IMO Conte refusing to commit to his future is probably rubbing off on the squad.

And that might be one of reasons why so many of them are not over exerting themselves on the field.

Squad is certainly stronger both in terms of number of players and quality of players than when he arrived, so he can't complain about that Of course any manager would prefer to have more and better players - but as he has said himself it will take several windows to bring in enough players. And even players he has he has chosen not to use - Sarr and Skipp's showing tonight shows him they have the quality and could have played either as a sub or as starters so as give rotation/rest to the other CM's ....... and Spence treatment just bizarre.

It's looking like the end is nigh. If we dont get through the tie and lose a couple more in the prem I think that's it.

Levy will roll the dice on a new manager bounce to get us in the top 4.

This season it actually looks relatively straightforward to catch an overrated Newcastle team so I don't think Levy lets the chance slip.

Not sure on that. He hasn’t lost the dressing room and the home fans haven’t completely turned on him. Lose to West Ham, Chelsea and the return leg though and that might change. All three occurrences are fairly likely too.

Still got some fans saying it's not his fault, he hasn't been backed, let him build, it's been a difficult year for him, blah blah blah.

Playing football that resembles Big Sam, Pulis, Dyche, Warnock, etc. is very much his fault. It's disgusting stuff.
How is he not getting backed? He spend 3 to 4x of Mourinho. It's Mourinho who didn't get backed , his signing was just hojbjerg , Doherty, reguilon which cost just the same as 1 richalison ,the rest were loan signings

Last edited:
Not sure on that. He hasn’t lost the dressing room and the home fans haven’t completely turned on him. Lose to West Ham, Chelsea and the return leg though and that might change. All three occurrences are fairly likely too.
I wish Levy would pre-empt that, cos with Poch we might still scrape a ponit or two from those games. Why wait, Conte's clearly not signing a new contract and the results won't improve either.

I'm not sure he has those three games mate.

Lose/draw Vs West Ham and the groans against Conte will become very loud IMO.

Imagine if Jose Mourinho and Antonio Conte, two of THE most successful managers of the 21st century with over 35 combined major titles, fail to win a single pot between them at Spurs

WOW!!!!

Conte has always been terrible in European competition, the lost today isn't surprising

Conte has always been terrible in European competition, the lost today isn't surprising
The problem wasn't the scoreline, it was everything else, the same plodding play, defensive vulnerabilites, attacking cluelessness, noncomittal answers in post-match interviews, etc. how many times have we seen it play out like this this season?

WOW!!!!

They were past it by the time they conned levy. Football moves on quickly, Levy's major failing is he doesn't understand this.

Paratici tried to hire Gattuso and did hire Nuno. I'm afraid if Conte leaves Spurs will not look outside the managers who Paratici has connections with (or with their agents). That would put us back to the Italian style of play as opposed to being open to styles of play that are not typical of Serie A. I doubt Paratici would have considered managers like Tuchel, Rodgers, or Potter. I expressed it poorly, but my point is that if Conte leaves Spurs would be limiting themselves in choice of manager. I'd like it if Conte stayed, but if he left I shudder to think of what the man who hired Nuno would come up with as a replacement.

We also made an attempt to get Naglesman (albeit pre-Fab), sounded out Ten Hag and nearly followed through with interest in Fonsecca so it's not as black and white as you suggest (especially if your concern is conservative football).

If I had once concern, it wouldn't be that Fab only has eyes for conservative football; more so that the last manager search was pretty scatter-gun (as perfectly exhibited by us having Gatusso & Fonsecca on the bubble at the same time).

I also think there's a massive over-reaching on the idea that Fab doesn't look to recruit beyond his Serie A mates:

Bissouma
Leglet
Richy
Spence
Forster
Emerson
Gil
Sarr
Danjuma
Porro

vs

Kulu