Leicester City vs Spurs - Saturday 11th Feb, 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It’s shocking that we have Royal, Sess, Davies, Tanganga, Dier, Sanchez, Lenglet, an aging Hugo and Forster as our back line and keepers. That group is relegation material.
Why do you think so many of us rated the window as shit in the poll?

Love to know what the people who voted above a 5 were smoking.

The fact we still have those players at the club is beyond a joke at this point, and costing us points virtually every week.

Chelsea, Brighton, Brentford, Arseholes all drew. Currently it is 1-1 B'mouth v Newc.
We need reliable back up CBs.

TeamPGDPts
1Woolwich212851
2Man City213245
3Man Utd22843
4Newcastle222241
5Tottenham23739
6Brighton211135
7Fulham23435
8Brentford22734
9Chelsea22131
10Liverpool20629
We could have been on sane points as toon if they draw and we won. We are running out of games. We still need to play dippers away gauranteed loss, manure , chavs , toon and wolves. Can anyone see us picking uo many points from that lot with the way we play. I bet in every game we’d be under pressure for the full 90 and hope for some luck and a break away goal.

Have people woken up to the fact that half our players are absolute fucking losers with a losers mentality and fuck all ability yet?

Hopefully the penny has dropped.

Shit cunts will probably turn up for the CL game.

We probably will go on a good run now, just like last season. Maybe even get 4th. But that’s the problem with these players.

To truly compete with the best you have to play with the intensity that we did against City in every single game. They don’t want to do that. They think they have the right to take it easy in some matches. So this is what we get.

If you want to get the most out of Richarlison play him up front in the position Brazil play him, we keep sticking him in in a 3 when he even gets 10 minutes to do anything that is.

Guy was scoring for fun for Brazil at the WC and can't get a game for us.
His not great imo but surely give him 45 minutes at least. Kulu and son were pants in FH but he didn’t sub either.

nt7j4cu5pmha1.jpg

BINGO!!!

If you know you have shit defenders, why not get your midfield and forwards to actually help out.

Son, Kane and Kilusevski do absolutely fuck all defensive work. Peresic is shit defensively and we set up every week with two plodders in CM.

I’m not an apologist for our shit CB’s, they are shit, but allowing everyone else ahead of them to trundle around like turtles in a fucking windsock just exasperates the problem.
Kulu used to do a lot of defensive work, but he just looks knackered... or tired of this fucking club.

Who would have the passion and energy week in week out trying to drag a bunch of clowns up from drowing in their own shit.

We probably will go on a good run now, just like last season. Maybe even get 4th. But that’s the problem with these players.

To truly compete with the best you have to play with the intensity that we did against City in every single game. They don’t want to do that. They think they have the right to take it easy in some matches. So this is what we get.
What makes you think we will go on a run? Didn’t we say that after the place game, Fulham gane, city gane, etc?

People thought Leiectser weren't 'good enough' to win the league.... pretty much up until the moment they won it!
Man for man, there were better teams than them that season... and we were one of them!

Wimbledon weren't 'good enough' to win the Cup against Liverpool... yet they did ... There are other examples, I just can't be arsed to think of them!

Sometimes, not being good enough doesn't stop you from winning things...
But a mental block and lack of character CAN!

I feel that in terms of players, we have nothing to seriously worry about... yet the lack of mental strength in some of those players is seriously worrying!
We should have won the league that season, we had much better players...They were more aggressive and stronger mentality.
We don't want to be a Wimbledon or a Wigan, such happens once in a blue moon
It's the hope which kills.

We won’t

Kulu used to do a lot of defensive work, but he just looks knackered... or tired of this fucking club.

Who would have the passion and energy week in week out trying to drag a bunch of clowns up from drowing in their own shit.

Seem to hear that excuse rolled out for all our better players at one time or another. It's a shit mentality. and shouldn't be condoned......

Son,
Kane,
Kulu,
Bentancur
Romero (excused for today for obv. reasons)
+ Senior/leader mentalities in Hugo, Dier, PEH
Hell, throw the manager into that list too.

.......They all get a pass cos there are weaker links in the squad?

......Play as a team and thrive one week; a week later they're looking around saying "fuck these guys; I'm better than this"? ......Nah, bollocks to that.

We could have been on sane points as toon if they draw and we won. We are running out of games. We still need to play dippers away gauranteed loss, manure , chavs , toon and wolves. Can anyone see us picking uo many points from that lot with the way we play. I bet in every game we’d be under pressure for the full 90 and hope for some luck and a break away goal.
We ain't the only team fecking up. I would not be shocked if the Goons have a big wobble. Newcastle drawing with bottom team B'mouth as I post.
I am surprised that Tanganga was given another chance today.
We are still 5th. A few twists left in this season.

Including me tbf after that catastrophe of the own goal against the Chavs did me but yes he’s improved and playing well under Howe as are most of the Newcastle side
As I've said to someone in another thread, Newcastle are fucking awful.

They're 3 minutes away from ANOTHER draw. 11 draws from 21 games. They're boring and nothing special.

I dunno why they get so much praise, relegation fodder Bournemouth have been giving them a proper game here.

Stellini has basically come out after the game and said that the effort simply wasn’t good enough. Not hard to explain a 4-1 defeat when you don’t even try to stop the opponent scoring.

For a professional footballer to not show enough effort , is totally unacceptable .There needs to be some serious ass kicking

After last week, this was a ‘momentum’ game and we screwed the pooch.
Our very worst performance of the season. The back line, obviously, were abject. Looked to me as if Betancur fucked his ACL which might kill our season.
I don’t think I want to see Perisic play as a LWB in a capacity where he’ll be required to defend for a significant period — away against a decent team for sure. We left massive gaps in the channels and I have no idea who was ‘marshaling’ the ‘defense’ — I use the term loosely.

People asking why we didn’t sign a quality CB in January? I doubt there was a massive (or even decent) upgrade available. And the fanbase were screaming for Porro as an upgrade on Emerson so we spent our January budget on a guy who looked every inch the £10m defender that City sold. This was the guy that Conté wanted as our season-changer. Obviously, it’s far too early to tell what his impact is going to be but this was as ignominious a debut as was possible.
Oh, and you can put me firmly in the ‘Conté Out’ column.

We ain't the only team fecking up. I would not be shocked if the Goons have a big wobble. Newcastle drawing with bottom team B'mouth as I post.
I am surprised that Tanganga was given another chance today.
We are still 5th. A few twists left in this season.
Yes but;
Lloris injured long term
Bentancur looks injured long term
Bissouma injured long term
Conte won't play anyone else or picks literally the worst possible player available.

Our season is done. My time as a season ticket holder is over.

Back
Top Bottom