Leicester City vs Spurs - Saturday 11th Feb, 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I actually do my chores to escape the "work" of watching Spurs.

Enjoy the Cultural Quarter
giphy.gif

B

Because Conte is trying to get sacked.

His decisions this season have been ludicrous...... Giving Sarr a Premier League debut against Woolwich then leaving him out the squad for the next few games.

Playing Tanganga and Porro together in the same match.

Never dropping or subbing Son.

Always subbing Kulusevski off

Never playing Bissouma for a consistent run of games...... Totally ignoring Spence....

Leaving it till the 75th minute in games tmvefire he makes subs and then bringing on 2 defenders.....

This is not Elite manager behaviour.

So that either leaves two explanations.

A - he's not as good as everyone thinks he is.

Or

B - he's trying to get sacked.
Agree with most of that and think you could have added more. Continuing to play a system heavily reliant on wingbacks with poor players in these key positions is equally as insane. Allowing the midfield to be outnumbered 3-2 in the majority of matches is also absurd. It is very hard to win in this league if you surrender control of the midfield especially when it adds pressure onto an already poor back 3.
In fact Conte seems to get more things wrong this season than he has got right.

He has been backed though, no?
Well we havent got him a decent CB when we need 2 more.We didnt get him a decent LWB. We just got him a RWB. Havent got him a decent second GK. Only been backed in midfield and attack.

So we needed 5 players in defensive positions and he was back for just the RWB so far.

There is no doubt Son has been poor this season. I've not seen anyone knocked off the ball as easily as him. That said I think you can't play Perisic and Son at the same time on the same side. Whatever Spurs have gotten from Perisic on his crosses has been offset by him being constantly in the positions Son used to operate from.
Son has looked the same with others in that position. He is having a poor season regardless who is there

Well we havent got him a decent CB when we need 2 more.We didnt get him a decent LWB. We just got him a RWB. Havent got him a decent second GK. Only been backed in midfield and attack.

So we needed 5 players in defensive positions and he was back for just the RWB so far.
Clearly you still back Conte. Am just asking for a friend but in what areas do you think Conte has done well this year?

I was optimistic... I was deluded...
I'm not angry... I'm disappointed...
I'm not surprised... I'm despomdant...

I'm lost for how to feel!
Come on, get used to it, I did... I just couldn't care less anymore, it's our club and we stay supporters but one think for sure we will never win a major trophy as far as Levy/Enic at the club. Top 4 is a trophy for us.

Back
Top Bottom