Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't believe a word he says anymore to be honest.

He said this before hiring Nuno:

On the hunt for a new manager, it is clear that Levy wants to hire a young, attack-minded coach to lead Tottenham back into the top four.

“We are acutely aware of the need to select someone whose values reflect those of our great club and return to playing football with the style for which we are known – free-flowing, attacking and entertaining – whilst continuing to embrace our desire to see young players flourish from our Academy alongside experienced talent,” Levy said.

I don't believe a word he says anymore to be honest.

He said this before hiring Nuno:

On the hunt for a new manager, it is clear that Levy wants to hire a young, attack-minded coach to lead Tottenham back into the top four.

“We are acutely aware of the need to select someone whose values reflect those of our great club and return to playing football with the style for which we are known – free-flowing, attacking and entertaining – whilst continuing to embrace our desire to see young players flourish from our Academy alongside experienced talent,” Levy said.

Well we know what happened with the Nuno debacle, he was clearly last choice, that Summer we were linked to a load of coaches that fall in line with that exact philosophy, he didn't lie there because he had intentions of getting a coach in of that caliber however that manager search certainly exposed his lack of football acumen.

Do your best to find where they are allegedly syphoning off money if you believe that sort of conspiracy.

I don't think ENIC are siphoning off club money, and there's no need.

Other than Levy's bloated salary for a CEO (not that I particularly care, he earns about as much as Fraser Forster as far as I can tell), ENIC are set to earn billions when they partially or wholly sell the club, plus their burgeoning Tottenham property investments that are buoyed by the Stadium location.

Whether this is immoral, or absolutely fine is a matter of opinion. I find it hard to form a strong view either way. I just want them to spend as much as possible within the rules and build a much stronger football strategy (i.e. stop buying shit players and have a consistent vision and approach).

Last edited:
They have one of these concerts on the day of the FA Cup final.
What happens if, God willing, we get to the final and win it? “Sorry lads, can’t have a homecoming near the stadium, Beyoncé’s doing a gig.”

Parasites.

Tom Cruise What GIF

Financial results are out.

I wonder how many people will read this ;

"the profit from operations, before depreciation, amortisation, player trading, interest and taxation increased 15.7% to ÂŁ112.3million"

And then totally ignore this ;

"The loss for the year after depreciation, amortisation, player trading, interest and taxation was ÂŁ50.1million, "

:sonhmm:

"the profit from operations, before depreciation, amortisation, player trading, interest and taxation increased 15.7% to ÂŁ112.3million"

"The loss for the year after depreciation, amortisation, player trading, interest and taxation was ÂŁ50.1million, "

So we spent ÂŁ160m on transfers essentially? Genuine question.

So we spent ÂŁ160 on transfers essentially? Genuine question.
I'm guessing you meant to ÂŁ160 MILLION ?

but no, depreciation, tax etc, all take a chunk out of the profits.

Transfer fees are usually spread over the length of the contract so they're extremely difficult to work out an exact figure accounting wise.

In the figures just released it would include payments to clubs for transfers going back 3 or 4 years.

I'm guessing you meant to ÂŁ160 MILLION ?

but no, depreciation, tax etc, all take a chunk out of the profits.

Transfer fees are usually spread over the length of the contract so they're extremely difficult to work out an exact figure accounting wise.

In the figures just released it would include payments to clubs for transfers going back 3 or 4 years.
I did, just edited.

It would be interesting to have that broken down.

I agree on his transfer comments, he's admitting that they pissed a load of money away and it's hurt us which is a no brainer really. Imagine if nearly all our duff signings had actually worked out?

So we made a 50M loss?

Okay.

Haven't read the full deets but seems like Levy says 2 things of note

1. We don't have as much money as the game changers - Chelsea/City/Newcastle
2. We have been poor at recruiting, but better since season.

both fairly true and factual no?

I did, just edited.

It would be interesting to have that broken down.

I agree on his transfer comments, he's admitting that they pissed a load of money away and it's hurt us which is a no brainer really. Imagine if nearly all our duff signings had actually worked out?
It's essentially repeating what Conte was saying about not being able to afford mistakes in the transfer market.

So we made a 50M loss?

Okay.

Yep both true and factual imo.

All 3 of those clubs are pumped up fake clubs.

We spent big money on Ndombele, Lo Celso (for example), but it's improved by Kulu and Rodders.

Does any big club run at a big net profit?

Even after pumped-up fake sponsorships it would be interesting to see if Chelsea, Newcastle, City etc ever manage to declare a net profit.

Pretty sure running a football club can be profitable as an investment but rarely as a business.

So we made a 50M loss?

Okay.

We made a ÂŁ50m accounting loss, which isn't quite the same.

You can essentially choose how you deal with depreciation of things like the stadium and the training ground in company accounts to avoid paying tax on a trading profit.

We made a ÂŁ50m accounting loss, which isn't quite the same.

You can essentially choose how you deal with depreciation of things like the stadium and the training ground in company accounts to avoid paying tax on a trading profit.

Doesn’t that also include players which are depreciating assets. Seems like the Ndombele’s, Lo Celso’s and the rest of the failed signings must have some impact.

if anyone doesn't want to click on this shitty website essentially

Tottenham could move for Benfica talent spotter Rui Pedro Braz if Fabio Paratici is hit with a worldwide ban.

Back
Top Bottom