Aston Villa v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Really want a weak side for this game.

Still a decent side out but I'm honestly not fussed over the league cup. Which I know is wrong on so many levels, but I'm desperate for FA Cup glory more.

Then I think you'll be disappointed....
WE DON'T HAVE a weak side!!!!

But I agree, changes are a MUST, or else what's the point in AVB having spent the Summer assembling a '2 players for every position' style squad?

@ SpursLegend SpursLegend 's post illustrates the depth we've got. Two almost completely different, competent teams (although it also highlights the weakness at fullback a bit):

Chelsea team, on the assumption Sandro, Capoue, Chadli and Kaboul are still not going to be fit enough to start in the PL:

Lloris
Walker Dawson Vertonghen Rose
Paulinho Dembele
Eriksen
Lamela Soldado Sigurdsson
Team for Villa:

Friedel
Naughton Chiriches Kaboul Fryers
Sandro Holtby
Sigurdsson
Townsend Defoe Lennon?​

Like to see Fryers given a run out at LB and agree a decent game to chuck Vlad in as well.

i'm glad to see Eriksen (superb goal vs.Tromso),Lamela, playing like they are from many years at Tottenham! -perfect assist for Paulinho -also skilful he scored the goal vs.Cardiff,,i hope to see ,finally ,Vlad for a debut,probably will play vs.Aston Villa (League Cup) a small competition (good for reserves and younger players),but will be good for him to escape from emotions in a small match and to try for him to build relationship of playing with team mates,to grow on fit,and morale...

I'm with @ truetomyself truetomyself on this, when did you snobs start sticking your nose up at the League Cup? I don't recall us winning trophy after trophy and getting into the Champions League year in year out to justify us dismissing silverware so easily.

I'm ashamed of you.

My point was not that we should put out a weaker side but I was questioning whether people wanted to. I was merely trying to figure out if we were going to do the AVB is Portugese and doesn't understand English cups shouting thing again like last year if we are eliminated. Just need to get my ridiculous outrage dials on the same page with everyone else.

Wouldn't have thought Villa will be absolutely full strength - and our side will include (at least) Sandro, Lamela, Holtby and Defoe (if fit). Wouldn't be surprised if Soldado started if Defoe isn't fit as well.

Either way we will have more than enough for them while making enough changes to keep the side fresh for Saturday

Here are some Villa fans views on the game. It took me ages to find even half decent opinions and these extracts have been taken from various forums as most are semi literate;

VillaFan said:
I think we'll ring the changes for this, although it's a good opportunity to get used to life without Benteke up front. I fully expect Steer, Bennett, Sylla, Helenius and maybe Albrighton to start.
Prediction? 2-0 Spurs

VillaFan said:
Damn. That's an impressive 2nd team. Won't be easy for us no matter what. Cup matches are the only time many of those guys get regular playing time. Problem for them is that their first team has had problems developing chemistry due to all the new players, I don't see it being any different for the 2nd

VillaFan said:
Looks like our list of dead and dying is extending :-(
On top of Okore (knee), benteke (flexor thingy) Lowton (loss of form, confidence), Westwood (unknown from training) we can add Luna,Gabby & Delph carrying knocks into Spurs game.

VillaFan said:
Knowing our home form and style we could expect a loss but you never know and us playing after a win is a boost also Spurs know little of Kozak and will be shocked imo as he is a handful Villa win 2-1 Kozak and Delph.

VillaFan said:
TBF I reckon about 80% of home crowds get out sung these days we out sing just about everyone away from home with maybe Spurs the exception funny enough

VillaFan said:
I can't see anything for us here. 1-3 Spuds

Not sure about the line up but we've got great depth so should really win this

one thing I will say is Walker needs to get a rest as he plays alot of football for Tottenham and England

Really want a weak side for this game. Massive game against Chelsea and knowing our luck we'll get injuries before hand.

Friedel
Naughton Vlad Kaboul Fryers
Sandro Holtby
Lamela Sig Townsend
Kane (If fit Defoe)

Still a decent side out but I'm honestly not fussed over the league cup. Which I know is wrong on so many levels, but I'm desperate for FA Cup glory more.

Agree with your team 100% considering we just played yesterday. I think Lamela has to start this one, might even see him feature more centrally at times with Townsend right and Siggy left if AVB wants to play with inverted wingers.

But I don't think the changes mean a weak side and I do consider the League Cup to be important. We finally have the squad to deal with multiple competitions now. Everyone should be looking forward to more games and being given the chance to play and impress every week.

Back
Top Bottom