Come here to laugh at Citeh

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If the EPL relegate city their owners have the money to start it and would probably do that rather than play in the Championship or lower. That’s all I’m saying. And the likes of Chelsea and Newcastle don’t want to be constrained by FFP, so they just sign up and make their own rules. After that, I don’t know what happens but its about money. Which is why City will get fined and transfer ban, restricted spending etc. points deduction maybe as that will hurt their revenue and satisfy rival clubs but I just don’t see them getting relegated unfortunately.
It's very cold outside the Premier league. No access to the big English matches, no Manchester Derby . The German sides won't join so they be playing Italian and Spanish sides. Ueffa won't sanction it so ultimately the players positions in national squads will be at risk. The Premier will be just as strong plenty of big teams in the wings with history and support to take their place. Be it Everton Leeds forest villa even the Sheffield sides and Sunderland

honest to God I hope they do fuck off and join a pony euro league.. call their bluff because city fans would fucking hate it. Nearest Derby might be psg. The away fans were awful on Sunday they'd be non existent if every other week they had to fly of to France Italy or Spain.

If the EPL relegate city their owners have the money to start it and would probably do that rather than play in the Championship or lower. That’s all I’m saying. And the likes of Chelsea and Newcastle don’t want to be constrained by FFP, so they just sign up and make their own rules. After that, I don’t know what happens but its about money. Which is why City will get fined and transfer ban, restricted spending etc. points deduction maybe as that will hurt their revenue and satisfy rival clubs but I just don’t see them getting relegated unfortunately.
There will never be a european. 'super' league without englands biggest clubs..namely man u & liverpool..

The fact they needed 6 english clubs in the last debacle tells you where the strength lies..

There will never be a european. 'super' league without englands biggest clubs..namely man u & liverpool..

The fact they needed 6 english in the last debacle tells you where the strength lies..
And anyway, what other team, other than PSG, would join a league with teams that have an unlimited budget...

And anyway, what other team, other than PSG, would join a league with teams that have an unlimited budget...
Add to that..unlimited budgets but newcastle..biggest team in newcastle..limited appeal outside the city..
Chavs/ hitler youth .. with all the money spent and trophies bought still only the 4th biggest club in london.

City...cant fill there own stadium still ?

PSG are against a Super League anyway

Maybe they can join Rangers and Celtic and form a little league of three.

The Premier League minus City will always be more interesting than a Super League which consists of just Man City, Real Madrid and Juve or something. What would they do, play each other 10 times a season? It'd be boring as fuck. Would the players even want in?

PSG are against a Super League anyway

Maybe they can join Rangers and Celtic and form a little league of three.

The Premier League minus City will always be more interesting than a Super League which consists of just Man City, Real Madrid and Juve or something. What would they do, play each other 10 times a season? It'd be boring as fuck. Would the players even want in?
The PL minus City becomes more interesting than the PL with City, nevermind some plastic ESL with City. Doubly so if any punishment also has the added perk of deterring Chelsea and Newcastle from doing similar in future, and any more sportswashing owners from taking over other clubs.

Got to laugh at the timing though, I appreciate that the investigation has been ongoing for a number of years, but dropping this on City now, right after a relatively quiet few windows for them and hot on the heels of Chelsea pulling some wild shit in the market...

Absolutely nothing of any import will come of this though, people thinking the punishment will fit the crime are just wishful thinking as they were with Chelsea in the summer. City, as a giant cultural institution in the UK, will be given a fine that they can easily pay, a 2 year Transfer ban that somehow on appeal will end up covering one summer window, and maybe a points deduction that hands the title to Woolwich.

My hometown club back In 1990 we’re unfairly made an extreme example of and demoted two divisions from 1 to 3 because of financial irregularities of just £250K. Incredibly harsh and demoted to just division 2 on appeal. My point is that what City have done is far, far worse and expands well beyond City to no doubt their network of clubs across the globe.

Also, we shouldn’t forget that Spurs themselves back in 1994 were given points deduction and an FA cup ban that was overturned upon appeal for charges much worse than Swindon Towns.

People seem to have forgotten all this or it hasn’t been flagged up yet by the media. But there is precedent.

But that's all due to the financial doping and they're still not even the biggest cultural institution in Manchester...
Was a satirical nod to the Government's opinion of Chelsea when they were supposedly fucked, and what was their success down to?

Fuck me, did you think I was genuinely calling them a cultural institution???

The PL minus City becomes more interesting than the PL with City, nevermind some plastic ESL with City. Doubly so if any punishment also has the added perk of deterring Chelsea and Newcastle from doing similar in future, and any more sportswashing owners from taking over other clubs.

Got to laugh at the timing though, I appreciate that the investigation has been ongoing for a number of years, but dropping this on City now, right after a relatively quiet few windows for them and hot on the heels of Chelsea pulling some wild shit in the market...

Absolutely nothing of any import will come of this though, people thinking the punishment will fit the crime are just wishful thinking as they were with Chelsea in the summer. City, as a giant cultural institution in the UK, will be given a fine that they can easily pay, a 2 year Transfer ban that somehow on appeal will end up covering one summer window, and maybe a points deduction that hands the title to Woolwich.
The PL cannot afford for this to be mishandled. The fact is the government wants to set up a regulatory board for Football which is the last thing the PL wants. The government know if they can look like they can rein in the monster that is Football they can look like they are looking out for the fans.

The government have already delayed their white paper two weeks but I am sure the PL will attempt to push that back and that will mean there is no revenue sharing enforced down the pyramid.

On a separate note does anyone know why Tracey Crouch is not involved in writing the white paper for this. She led the fan review and has FA coaching badges and a love of the game. She would seem the ideal person to be involved in writing this legislation.

Last edited:
The PL cannot afford for this to be mishandled. The fact is the government wants to set up a regulatory board for Football which is the last thing the PL wants. The government know if they can look like they can rein in the monster that is Football they can look like they are looking at for the people.

The government have already delayed their white paper two weeks but I am sure the PL will attempt to push that back and that will mean there is no revenue sharing enforced down the pyramid.

On a separate note does anyone know why Tracey Crouch is not involved in writing the white paper for this. She led the fan review and has FA coaching badges and a love of the game. She would seem the ideal person to be involved in writing this legislation.
Heard all of this type of reasoning as to why Chelsea couldn't come out of the steaming pile of shit they'd fallen in last Summer smelling of roses, and yet here we are, 2 windows of spending that blow anything Abramovich ever did out of the water later.

I'll not hold my breath on City getting their comeuppance...

The PL cannot afford for this to be mishandled. The fact is the government wants to set up a regulatory board for Football which is the last thing the PL wants. The government know if they can look like they can rein in the monster that is Football they can look like they are looking at for the people.

On the independent regulator, which I fully support, why do Citeh fans think that will make things better for them? If there was an IR now, they would have already been punished.

Last edited:
Heard all of this type of reasoning as to why Chelsea couldn't come out of the steaming pile of shit they'd fallen in last Summer smelling of roses, and yet here we are, 2 windows of spending that blow anything Abramovich ever did out of the water later.

I'll not hold my breath on City getting their comeuppance...
I am not saying they will get their comeuppance, I am saying the PL cannot afford to bungle this.

I wish they would just sort out the ownership rules for football clubs that meant nation state backed funds could own UK clubs it would change a lot of our problems.

The fact is Chelsea can be done by FFP because they are not owned by someone who could buy the PL. Todd Bohely has spent the cash that Abrahamovic required to be set aside and not on enhancing their revenue stream. I think he also miscalculated his amortization and thinks it is like American sports where you can back load contracts and fees.

So City are against the ropes. Over 100 charges of financial breaches.
One (of many) proposed punishments is being stripped of their titles. In this instance, does it mean the 2nd placed team is awarded the title retroactively?
A quick look shows an even 3 for Liverpool and 3 for United.

The interesting thing here, is if City are in trouble, should Chelsea not be in trouble? Everyone knows they're as bent as a 9 bob note so why are they not being looked at?

And if they do get looked at, and the same punished applied.

TOTTENHAM ARE CHAMPIONS (16/17)

London Football GIF by Tottenham Hotspur

So City are against the ropes. Over 100 charges of financial breaches.
One (of many) proposed punishments is being stripped of their titles. In this instance, does it mean the 2nd placed team is awarded the title retroactively?
A quick look shows an even 3 for Liverpool and 3 for United.

The interesting thing here, is if City are in trouble, should Chelsea not be in trouble? Everyone knows they're as bent as a 9 bob note so why are they not being looked at?

And if they do get looked at, and the same punished applied.

TOTTENHAM ARE CHAMPIONS (16/17)

London Football GIF by Tottenham Hotspur

City got hacked I believe and the info pasted on. Chelsea are probably even more dodgy but it’s about getting the details to the premier league.

City got hacked I believe and the info pasted on. Chelsea are probably even more dodgy but it’s about getting the details to the premier league.
You'd think someone with a keen eye for irregularities would have noticed Chelsea's spending is well beyond their means by now and looked closer.

Someone should be looking at how they managed to Oscar and Luiz for total of £100m as well.
Maybe they just declared fake numbers.

Back
Top Bottom