Arnaut Danjuma Groeneveld

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sorry. Will concede on the EPL. My mistake. He has played in the EPL.

Is More expensive than what Woolwich is paying for Trossard. Trossard to Woolwich 25 million + Add-ons. Danjuma to Spurs 2.5 million loan fee + 27 million for the permanent deal. My maths ain't very good but depending on who adds the figures Danjuma could be slightly more expensive.

Thirdly 2023eason Villarreal so far 10 games 2 goals and 0 assists. Steven Bergwjin, who we sold this season, is being chosen ahead of Danjuma based on current form.

He was great 2022 but this season has been disasterous for Danjuma. Remember a certain Dele Ali. Im sure you knocked a few guys because of him too. Don't base evaluation of a player on two seasons back. Bargain Bin, pipe dream signings aren't the best way to go.

But then again you probably enjoy The Veggie Burgers, Comfy Seats and Beautiful stadium. You probably bought into the Daniel Levy Rebuild as well.
“It is very unlikely that Danjuma will go to West Ham,” Michael Moses, the Dutchman’s agent said; explaining why a potential £35 million move to the London Stadium fell through.

“(The transfer has stalled because of) issues related to personal terms, which have not gone well. (He is) completely calm. If he leaves, fine. And if he doesn’t leave, that’s fine too.

“Danjuma is focusing on La Liga and the World Cup in Qatar.”

Why is Danjuma not at World Cup?

With numbers and performances on his side, it seemed as though Danjuma would be one of the first names in the Netherlands' World Cup squad but a muscle problem meant the forward missed the end of last season and the beginning of the current campaign.

“You always have to respect the opinion of the manager,” Danjuma says. “He’s only got a set amount of players to choose from, which is a difficult decision for him as well. The manager mentioned to me specifically that because of the niggle, I missed the training camps for the national team. They were a big deal for the manager and very important going into the World Cup, so missing those camps definitely didn’t help.

“But I do feel that missing out on this World Cup wasn’t due to my abilities. I still feel what I’ve shown in my career, what I’ve proved to myself, what I’ve done in the Champions League and La Liga, and the numbers I put up, that should have been enough for me to be at the World Cup.

Last edited:
Yes. But he can't keep playing if he doesn't. And he nowhere near the players you cited because of 17 minutes where he wasn't utterly pathetic.

He's contributing to our dire dire football right now
This season you could say that about every player at the club
Kane might be getting the numbers with his goals but who else has been a standout performer?
perisic and PEH maybe
The whole side need to buckle down and play to there strengths for a full game and not show up in the 2nd half of matches

According to my own very, very highly detailed statistical research, he is somewhat similar to Bergwijn. But he edges it in take-ons and attacking accuracy. Berg was a bit more useful tracking back, but not much.
Bergwijn under Mou was really good at tracking back and playing what was essentially an auxiliary RB to support Aurier, who played more like a WB.

However, Mourinho's training didn't seem to stick and he reverted to being a fairly lazy, unathletic forward.

I have hope that Danjuma will be fitter cos he doesn't look flabby like Bergwijn.

According to my own very, very highly detailed statistical research, he is somewhat similar to Bergwijn. But he edges it in take-ons and attacking accuracy. Berg was a bit more useful tracking back, but not much.
Judging by my own detailed research (watching his highlights in one game) he is very similar to Kulu. He uses strength and guile rather than speed but is right footed and works on the left wing.

Last edited:
Judging by my own detailed research (watching his highlights in one game) he is very similar to Kulu. A left footer who uses strength and guile rather than speed but who works on the left wing.
He's right-footed. Plays LW.
Can score with his left.
Basically a faster, mirror of Kulu who is more about pace and power whereas Kulu has the edge for playmaking and tekkers.

This season you could say that about every player at the club
Kane might be getting the numbers with his goals but who else has been a standout performer?
perisic and PEH maybe
The whole side need to buckle down and play to there strengths for a full game and not show up in the 2nd half of matches
When they've played, Kane, Kulu, Bentancur have all affected games. Hoijberg has had decent games, mostly when playing with Bentancur though. Perisic has had good games, and, sadly, bad games.
Son has barely done anything outside of 17 minutes against Leicester, at their worst, when they were already 3-2 down and looking leggy. Their keeper was a complete waste of space that day too, everything went in.

Stop kidding yourself that Son hasn't been a serious liability. As bad as our defence has been and hindered our performance, Son has had the effect at the front. His touch, his passes, his dribbling, his vision, everything had dropped to below the minimum standard.
He's playing worse than Dele and Eriksen before they left. Dele is finished and Eriksen was awful for almost a year.

When they've played, Kane, Kulu, Bentancur have all affected games. Hoijberg has had decent games, mostly when playing with Bentancur though. Perisic has had good games, and, sadly, bad games.
Son has barely done anything outside of 17 minutes against Leicester, at their worst, when they were already 3-2 down and looking leggy. Their keeper was a complete waste of space that day too, everything went in.

Stop kidding yourself that Son hasn't been a serious liability. As bad as our defence has been and hindered our performance, Son has had the effect at the front. His touch, his passes, his dribbling, his vision, everything had dropped to below the minimum standard.
He's playing worse than Dele and Eriksen before they left. Dele is finished and Eriksen was awful for almost a year
I was thinking good post there then you totally lost me in that last paragraph
Where you said he's playing worse than Dele and Eriksen lol
Atleast Sonny is committed

“It is very unlikely that Danjuma will go to West Ham,” Michael Moses, the Dutchman’s agent said; explaining why a potential £35 million move to the London Stadium fell through.

“(The transfer has stalled because of) issues related to personal terms, which have not gone well. (He is) completely calm. If he leaves, fine. And if he doesn’t leave, that’s fine too.

“Danjuma is focusing on La Liga and the World Cup in Qatar.”

Why is Danjuma not at World Cup?

With numbers and performances on his side, it seemed as though Danjuma would be one of the first names in the Netherlands' World Cup squad but a muscle problem meant the forward missed the end of last season and the beginning of the current campaign.

“You always have to respect the opinion of the manager,” Danjuma says. “He’s only got a set amount of players to choose from, which is a difficult decision for him as well. The manager mentioned to me specifically that because of the niggle, I missed the training camps for the national team. They were a big deal for the manager and very important going into the World Cup, so missing those camps definitely didn’t help.

“But I do feel that missing out on this World Cup wasn’t due to my abilities. I still feel what I’ve shown in my career, what I’ve proved to myself, what I’ve done in the Champions League and La Liga, and the numbers I put up, that should have been enough for me to be at the World Cup.
I think you been reading one too many of "The Sun's" Articles. And we all know you possibly on the Levy Payroll.

Its good to read opinion pieces but back it up with fact.

Fact, he was possibly one of 2022s most upcoming players. Go look at his stats. They were brilliant.

Fact, he has nose dived in 2023. Played 10, Goals 2 and assists 0. If you take his stats and Sons stats. Son is having a pretty good season (Most of us believe he needs to be benched as what he has shown isn't good enough).

Fact, Conté does not choose players based on singular feats of brilliance. (He benched Bergwjin after a match winning hatric).

Fact, Conté has said our team lacks experience.

This signing has Daniel Levys bargain bin, last minute tactics written all over it.

I was thinking good post there then you totally lost me in that last paragraph
Where you said he's playing worse than Dele and Eriksen lol
Atleast Sonny is committed
Eriksen was racking up 10k a game. He just wasn't anywhere near the ball most of the time and, when anyone tried to pass to him, he gave it away. Exactly what Son keeps doing. Eriksen may have been playing badly on purpose Vs Son lacking sharpness, but the outcome is the same, he's a hindrance to the team. Giving the ball away that much hurts.
Dele was dropped way quicker than either of them despite being no worse.

We've waited all season for Son to hit one of his purple patches but it simply hasn't come.

I think you been reading one too many of "The Sun's" Articles. And we all know you possibly on the Levy Payroll.

Its good to read opinion pieces but back it up with fact.
Fact: I did not quote a Sun article.
Fact: Levy does not pay me money.
We are in discussions about me being paid but it's later, later. :rolleyes:
Fact: Your post is mainly opinion.
Fact: His last game he played 2 mins as a sub.
Fact: His second last app was for 3 mins. And he scored
Fact: The game before that he started and played 68 mins and scored.
So 2 goals in his last 75 minutes or so in 3 games.
Such a nose dive. Not.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom