Tottenham Hotspur v Woolwich Scum (15th Jan - 4.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Woolwich are doing a lot of things right but they didn't until recently. What we have to learn from them: Being ruthless with older players that don't perform anymore. Bring in any manager that you trust and back him with buying young talented players. And give it some time. Of course, with Levy (and Paratici) that won't happen. But it is possible and it doesnt't need THAT much time.

Conte plays bad football which is exacerbated by bad players

If we gave him the players he needs to win, yeah he might get us a couple of trophies in the end, but will the eye watering football and huge transfer fees on 30 year olds be worth it?

I think we tried something and it didn’t work, it was never a good fit, let’s cut our losses and try and salvage something from this season with someone who is more progressive and can start building a long term side
Big Sam?

Conte plays bad football which is exacerbated by bad players

If we gave him the players he needs to win, yeah he might get us a couple of trophies in the end, but will the eye watering football and huge transfer fees on 30 year olds be worth it?

I think we tried something and it didn’t work, it was never a good fit, let’s cut our losses and try and salvage something from this season with someone who is more progressive and can start building a long term side

Ok fine but then we start from scratch. We get say Poch back but don’t get him the players we need, the football turns crap, we sack Poch for a second time. Then get someone else. Board is crap, they need to go before the manager.

So disappointed, only showed any sort of spirit and fight for a few moments during the whole match.
Sarr the only player who comes out of the game with any credit, IMO.
Why is it that opposing keepers never gift us a goal or two?
Their current success is taking any pleasure from West Ham, Chelsea and Liverpool's positions, and I'm not convinced that they'll not make it good in time.
What a sorry state of affairs that I'm going to Manchester on Thursday and won't be too upset if we lose - this is what they've dragged me down to!

You think that you have it bad!!

To watch the game today I had to agree to watch ‘Call the Midwife’ later

despair GIF

Goalkeeper absolutely. Enough is enough now and has been for a while.

The players?

For me if you are paying a manager amongst the highest in the PL you have a right to expect more than Conte is delivering.

Blaming ENIC is simply easy and comes without any definition of what those who call for it would bring.

I see the biggest failure at the present time as a manager who is not getting more from his squad.
Conte can't make Sessegnon cross like a human 2x in the first 5 minutes or not get destroyed against Saka like he did. He can't tell Dier anymore to step out once in a while for a challenge. He can't make Son improve his touch. He can't even replace the players mentioned above because their replacements aren't as good/have just come from injury.

Stupid thing to do but he's had it coming, winds up opposition fans every week and you're playing a Derby - he was laughing and taking the piss during the game too what do you expect.
Not that! It's not acceptable. Besides which fans wind up gks so why not the other way round. No situation in a football game warrants violence

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom