The “They’re really going to have a World Cup in QATAR?” Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What the actual fuck are you blabbering on about.

I have never debated the rights or wrongs of the West vs terrorist, or any atrocities committed by either side.

As you are obviously too thick, or are being deliberately obtuse I'll explain it for you.

I abhore violence by anyone.
I abhore prejudice by anyone.

What I was attacking was your constant blaming of the west for any violent acts committed anywhere in the world and your obsession with "whataboutism".

You're obsessed with blaming the US for everything, and are incapable of having a balanced view.

The reason you won't read other threads is because your racist accusations will be proven 100% false.

I'll save you the bother of looking and post some here ;

Now tell me again about how racist I am you lying, twisting, disingenuous cunt.

You've answered fuck all.
I'll ask again;

A simple question, regardless of country, religion or race;

Do you believe that homosexuals should have the same rights as the rest of society ?

If the answer is yes (as any right minded person should think that to be the case) then you have to condemn those countries where it is illegal.

It really is as simple as that.

You can continue to post a load of long winded rhetoric, full of bollocks and "whataboutery" but every time you refuse to answer I'll bring you back to the above question and expose your blatant homophobia.

Edit:
Carded for your repeated, unfounded, accusations of racism.

This is probably my last reply unless you can talk sense without ranting and swearing. Your problem is that you accuse me of something I didn't say and then proceed to build a strawman off it.

Your whole emotional rant is based on me apparently blaming the West for any violence committed anywhere in the world. That is your claim. And its a lie. I've blamed various Muslim groups and countries for the violence they have committed. If the West is involved, il say so whether it triggers you or not. And if its not, I don't.

Prove your claim first and il respond to the rest of the nonsense. If you cant prove your strawman, then go bother someone else with your hypocritical bullshit

Russia were committing mass slaughter in Syria at the time they had the World Cup. And Russia were geopolitically opposed to the west in Syria.

Qatar funded jihadi scum in Syria which destroyed the country and were on the same side as the west who were happy to see Syrians kill each other.

Something to think about.

Mass slaughter in Syria is clearly different to mass slaughter in Ukraine. There's no way Russia would get the tournament during the Ukraine war. But I think the Syrians had a little too much melanin in their skin for people to moralise effectively back in 2018.

As you mention, many Western countries also participated in the Syrian civil war by arming violent groups and unleashing them on a war-torn population. I don't think there will be any great clamour to stop those countries from hosting tournaments either. I wonder why.

I'm not against the backlash against Qatar. It makes sense in many ways. I'm against the hypocrisy of the social justice moralisers.

Your problem is that you accuse me of something
But it's ok for you to jump up and down and shout " RACISM !!!!!!" without any evidence whatsoever.
Simply because you have no answers to anything, only whataboutism.

Do you believe that homosexuals should have the same rights as the rest of society ?

If the answer is yes (as any right minded person should think that to be the case) then you have to condemn those countries where it is illegal.

But it's ok for you to jump up and down and shout " RACISM !!!!!!" without any evidence whatsoever.
Simply because you have no answers to anything, only whataboutism.

Prove your claim against me first. Or admit you were wrong. Then we can proceed to the things I have already answered but will happily do so again.

But I think the Syrians had a little too much melanin in their skin for people to moralise effectively back in 2018.
Using the race card again.

Prove your claim against me first. Or admit you were wrong. Then we can proceed to the things I have already answered but will happily do so again.
I asked you this in April and you still haven't answered it, so stop lying.

Quote where you have answered this question and I'll answer yours.

Using the race card again.

I asked you this in April and you still haven't answered it, so stop lying.

Quote where you have answered this question and I'll answer yours.

Your refusal to prove your strawman claim says it all. Keep reading my posts and getting emotional and triggered when I call out the war crimes and terrorism of Western nations.

Your refusal to prove your strawman claim says it all. Keep reading my posts and getting emotional and triggered when I call out the war crimes and terrorism of Western nations.
Your refusal to answer a very simple "yes" or "no" question screams volumes.

Your refusal to answer a very simple "yes" or "no" question screams volumes.

I can answer your question in one word if you want. But you have to prove your false claims against me first. Or accept you lied. Pretty simple really

Mass slaughter in Syria is clearly different to mass slaughter in Ukraine. There's no way Russia would get the tournament during the Ukraine war. But I think the Syrians had a little too much melanin in their skin for people to moralise effectively back in 2018.

As you mention, many Western countries also participated in the Syrian civil war by arming violent groups and unleashing them on a war-torn population. I don't think there will be any great clamour to stop those countries from hosting tournaments either. I wonder why.

I'm not against the backlash against Qatar. It makes sense in many ways. I'm against the hypocrisy of the social justice moralisers.
In 1980 America and many other countries boycotted the olympics held in the Soviet Union due to the invasion of Afghanistan. This was obviously geopolitical as some of their allies were also doing horrible things but they still boycotted it due to the destruction caused in Afghanistan.

Ok , I will say I lied if you say you lied about me being racist.

Deal ?

That's fine, I'll take that back. I still hold that many people differentiate between the victims in Ukraine and Yemen or Iraq for example. But I also accept that differentiation isn't always due to race. It could be proximity, geopolitical alliances, media coverage etc. It was wrong of me to go straight to race. As an ethnic minority I generally abhor the far-left trait of instant accusations of racism, misogyny when it is not merited. So I can't partake in something I don't like in others.

In 1980 America and many other countries boycotted the olympics held in the Soviet Union due to the invasion of Afghanistan. This was obviously geopolitical as some of their allies were also doing horrible things but they still boycotted it due to the destruction caused in Afghanistan.

You actually believe that the boycott was a moral decision out of love for the Afghans? Do you know the regimes the US backed and armed in the 80's?

That's fine, I'll take that back. I still hold that many people differentiate between the victims in Ukraine and Yemen or Iraq for example. But I also accept that differentiation isn't always due to race. It could be proximity, geopolitical alliances, media coverage etc. It was wrong of me to go straight to race. As an ethnic minority I generally abhor the far-left trait of instant accusations of racism, misogyny when it is not merited. So I can't partake in something I don't like in others.
Fair play to you.

I will also withdraw my accusation against you.

Now;

The reason I ask, and I'm being quite genuine here, is that although you have previously said that Qatar should not have been awarded the World Cup I don't remember seeing you condemn their stance on LGBT+.
If I'm wrong in that, I'm sure you can quote where you did condemn it.
You have said that they don't execute anyone for it, but that is not the same as condemning.

It's late , so I'll ask you for a very brief answer without any of the "you can't impose western values" stuff.
It's a simple question of basic human rights for all regardless of anything else.

Fair play to you.

I will also withdraw my accusation against you.

Now;

The reason I ask, and I'm being quite genuine here, is that although you have previously said that Qatar should not have been awarded the World Cup I don't remember seeing you condemn their stance on LGBT+.
If I'm wrong in that, I'm sure you can quote where you did condemn it.
You have said that they don't execute anyone for it, but that is not the same as condemning.

It's late , so I'll ask you for a very brief answer without any of the "you can't impose western values" stuff.
It's a simple question of basic human rights for all regardless of anything else.

Yes, I don't believe the government should be in the business of policing what people do in their bedrooms. That's the short answer since that's what you asked for.

The longer answer includes a lot more details and whether that alone is enough to strip Qatar of the world cup but that's a different topic

Back
Top Bottom