Nottingham Forest VS Tottenham Hotspur. Sunday the 28th August 2022. City Ground 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Or that we've won trophies more recently than them. Our recent record is laughable, but it's better than theirs.

Seems a common theme amongst idiotic rivals to banter Spurs and our trophies. Mostly spearheaded by those Woolwich and Chelsea cunts, but it’s becoming a bit of a joke really when you have Westham, Forest fans etc joining in. Completely forgetting the fact whilst our trophy haul recently is pretty pathetic, it’s still miles better than any of those clubs. Know your place Forest, you are a small 2 bob outfit that hasn’t been relevant in about 35 years you midland inbreds. Spurs are considered a top 6 club because we consistently fight for the CL spots and participate in that elite competition pretty regularly the last 6 years. Winning a few fa cups is irrelevant you muppets.

Last edited:
This has probably been posted and I have missed it , wouldn’t be the first time, but seems unlucky in the extreme to me. It’s been there for all to see for months but only just struck me how harsh it seems

We played Chelsea away , we have West Ham away , Man City away Woolwich away , Man Utd away , before eventually getting a home game against Liverpool early Nov . If we stay in contention second half of the season at home should be phenomenal atmosphere

Edit , no idea why in bold😃

COYS 3 points today please
That's a bold prediction.

I’d play bissouma and Hojbjerg in the middle today, bentancur won’t get any time and that can be a worry as he’s so laid back

They’ll press like dogs for the first ten minutes with the atmosphere from the fans, need to deal with that then settle into the game and our quality will start taking over

Forest's mentality is the most laughable i've seen from all these lower league clubs who make it to the premier league for a season or two.
18 odd signings doesn't mean they are showing good intent, it means they are clueless and think signing a host of lower league quality players is the way to go. They paid £42m for Morgan Gibbs White.

It all seems like Disney Land for them at the moment and each game is like a cup final but as soon as the novelty wears off they will drop like a stone.
They will get a win or two early on but as soon as the fairy tale dies down, and the in fighting starts the writing will be on the wall.
They will soon realise they cannot play every game with the intensity of a cup final and big day out.

I think Fulham are the best equiped to stay up out of the 3, but Bournemouth and Forest will be merely making up the numbers. Lets not forget Bournemouth finished above them last season and look at them.

Today is carnival time for them, a fairytale, a dream come true . I would imagine they have had suits measured, discussing pre-match superstitions and getting ready for their version of cup final Question of Sport.

Enjoy your day lads enjoy playing clubs like ours as it will only be a matter of time before you're back playing Peterborough and Luton..

Lots of Love xxx

Can’t help thinking there’s a banana skin here today - all of our rivals winning (some luckily). I know how this plays out…

On Forest. Don’t mind them really. I grew up in an era when they were winning trophies left right and centre. Why wouldn’t you trade on it - even years on? Always a good fixture Spurs v Forest. First televised game blah blah etc.

Just hope are intensity is there from the first minute. If not, we’ll be found out….

Don't know if Im remember correctly, perhaps someone can verify or not as the case may be . but wasn't forest /spurs.in the early/mid 80s the first live league game to be televised.?
Yup.... and here it is:

...and some post match analysis!

Crazy to think that it took until 1983 for a live Division 1 match to be televised!!!

Now you can't move for live telly!

Have a lot of time for Nottingham - the city & the people. My missus grew up there from age 5-18 & her mum still lived there when we met.
My gooner mate (who passed away in 2019 RIP) was living there.
Have spent quite a bit of time there and love a wander along the Trent. The city has some great pubs & clubs.
Always had a soft spot for their football clubs too.
County because they’re the oldest & Forest because they were on fire when I was really getting into my football in the late 70’s.
And Cloughie. Can’t mention Forest without Cloughie.
Today, all that fondness will disappear until after the match. We’re watching it here in Benidorm (surprisingly nice compared to how I remembered it) & the missus will be supporting Forest.
Let battle commence.
But afterwards, I will still have the same soft spot for the city.
My sister lives in Radcliffe now after spending about 20 years in Nottingham itself, so I know the place reasonably well and love going into the city centre.
Despite its crime and drugs issue (it really is the third most dangerous place in England) I've never had any bother there. It's a damn site nicer to spend time in than Tottenham.

Can’t help thinking there’s a banana skin here today - all of our rivals winning (some luckily). I know how this plays out…

On Forest. Don’t mind them really. I grew up in an era when they were winning trophies left right and centre. Why wouldn’t you trade on it - even years on? Always a good fixture Spurs v Forest. First televised game blah blah etc.

Just hope are intensity is there from the first minute. If not, we’ll be found out….
Agree re banana skin. Rare that all the ‘big 6’ sides win (Brighton also)

FF107-BD4-9605-4-D5-D-86-D7-C94427-B07-FFA.jpg

You did what post match 1882 1882 ?

If we can Tuck in at the back and make sure that our central midfielders Sheriff the defence, I can see us Robin this, ensuring that we are the Merry Men at full time.

Hi sad sack lurking midlanders, forever stuck in your identity crisis - seen as southerners by those up north and northerners by those down south.

sticker-template-with-a-robin-hood-cartoon-character-isolated-free-vector.jpg

If we can Tuck in at the back and make sure that our central midfielders Sheriff the defence, I can see us Robin this, ensuring that we are the Merry Men at full time.

Hi sad sack lurking midlanders, forever stuck in your identity crisis - seen as southerners by those up north and northerners by those down south.

sticker-template-with-a-robin-hood-cartoon-character-isolated-free-vector.jpg
Thank god Sherwood's no longer managing us.

:sherwoodlol:

Christ, we'd better not drop any points today. I was in a foul mood yesterday after all the other results went to shit, let alone if we mess up.

Just turn up please Spurs, from the first minute (not having to wait for a HT bollocking), and we should win this well.

Don't know if Im remember correctly, perhaps someone can verify or not as the case may be . but wasn't forest /spurs.in the early/mid 80s the first live league game to be televised.?
No.
"In 1983 the first live match from the Football League since 1960 was screened on ITV: Tottenham Hotspur v Nottingham Forest.
In 1960 the first live broadcast from the Football League was made by ITV when Blackpool played Bolton Wanderers at Bloomfield Road; the match kicked-off at 6:50pm, but the live broadcast didn't start until 7:30pm to allow fans who attended a 3pm kick-off to view the match at home."

History Of Football On TV

Yup.... and here it is:

...and some post match analysis!

Crazy to think that it took until 1983 for a live Division 1 match to be televised!!!

Now you can't move for live telly!

At 1min 47sec am I hearing our supporters in fine voice, singing "You can stick yer fucking telly up yer arse" ?

Back
Top Bottom