Tottenham Hotspur v. Swansea (H) - The Wayne Routledge Derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ok here's something negative without bashing a good result and performance. Dembele passes sideways too much, doesn't drive at people or play killer through balls, he isn't performing as well as I think he can and our strongest 3 would be Sandro, Paulinho and Holtby, if all fit and on form. Walker made quite a few mistakes again, he has cut them out and he is in the position to be one of the best right backs in europe if he concentrates on eradicating unforced errors.

It makes me so happy to see people are finally realizing this. Our semicircle attack is so predictable, and only by having more talent and ideas on the wings than our opposition have we been managed to pull off a few victories. WE MUST SIGN A BETTER C.A.M.

THIS IS MY FUCKING POINT
BUT YOUR POINT IS SELF-DEFEATING!

1234931504682.jpg

Anyway, on a more positive note which may have been mentioned already, I was EXTREMELY pleased to see us continue to hold the high line at the back and even continue pressing in the late stages of the game despite holding the one point lead. So many times last year we tried parking it in the back, and someone would make a nervous mistake or we'd have a miscommunication and give up valuable points. It was so very painful to watch. Was thrilled to see us continue with what had been working, and to continue imposing our will on a game that was ours for the taking. Undoubtedly an AVB move to demand it from his players. Job well done gents.

Maybe a 4-4-2 so Soldado wasnt standing there looking like a dickhead all game..

If Soldado wanted to, he could have dropped deeper like Defoe did in the 5 minutes he was on the pitch. I was up for going two up top aswell, but to be fair, when Dembele went off, they looked better.

Its a new team, its not complete and you can only address problems once you've encountered them.

At the very least, this discussion needs to be taken up in a month, when we see our exact line up and game plan.

I think we must all agree it can yet be better. There wasn't much that could be done at the point of today, but it provided further evidence we must be aggressive in bringing in more creativity (in the middle) in the next few days.

Why don't those among us who are prone to bitching wait until the window is over to complain about who is in the squad / who has left the squad.

There is no like for like replacement for Mr. Short Shorts. Paulinho, Chadli, Holtby, Siggy, Capoue, Dembele, Vertonghen, and whoever else we bring in will have to fill a 20-goal hole. Definitely doable. Let's at least wait until we lose a game before meltdown.

I think we must all agree it can yet be better. There wasn't much that could be done at the point of today, but it provided further evidence we must be aggressive in bringing in more creativity (in the middle) in the next few days.

This is how you support your club, not rip into them at every opportunity! Thank you!

I think Holtby will have a say in the creativity department once he gets back up to speed and can get a run of games under his belt.

Back
Top Bottom