K League XI V The Mighty Tottenham Hotspur 12pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can’t read much into a first friendly against a bunch of players who may not play together, but will know eachother well enough and are halfway through their season (even if they are league one quality in all likelihood). But: Lucas, Gil, Bentancur, Skipp, Sarr, Dier, Kane, Son, White, Richarlison, Romero all looked bright.
I have a feeling the K-League is slightly better than that...
It's what they want you to think... then everyone disregards South Korea at the WC Finals...
underestimate them at your peril!

He’s going to still get weeks of training in before the start of the season.

Bissouma and Perisic will be ready for the start of the season.

Season starts in 3 weeks....

Bissouma: Best to assume he'll be missing for 10 days+
Perisic: No idea how his calf injury is healing... Do you?

Not sure if Perisic has 'The Covids' or it was just Bissouma & Forster....

either way, shame they were missing, but there will be plenty of time for them to get back up to speed over the next few weeks...
Don Tonio will make sure of it! :contepoint:

Perisic is still nursing a calf injury.

Perisic is still nursing a calf injury.
Like this one...?
1zmH.gif

Off topic but did anyone watch on SpursPlay and if so is there an option to turn on subtitles when that cackling, always interrupting, whines like a Banshee girl talks?

I am all for diversity and giving young presenters a chance but for fucks sake on a new revenue generating platform for the club she was fucking awful bordering on painful.
Yeah it was a bit cack that wasnt it. I like the energy but you've got to be a bit more polished.

Perhaps this is the new broadcasting style in the YouTube era.

Though, she has a name - Rebecca Walker. Show a bit of respect for one of our own mucker.

Off topic but did anyone watch on SpursPlay and if so is there an option to turn on subtitles when that cackling, always interrupting, whines like a Banshee girl talks?

I am all for diversity and giving young presenters a chance but for fucks sake on a new revenue generating platform for the club she was fucking awful bordering on painful.

Yeah she was doing way too much out there, wasn't great to watch.

Happen to be in Seoul at the same time as Spurs and missed out on tickets. But after watching in a pub it was a pleasure (and somewhat strange) being in a train carriage full of locals wearing Spurs gear going home from the game.

It's what they want you to think... then everyone disregards South Korea at the WC Finals...
I did caveat it with ‘in all likelihood’ 😊

But don’t forget, this wasn’t a K-League best xi, which probably would be a god standard, or the Korean National side (Though there were a few players with a good amount of caps). This team has 2 players from each of the 12 sides in the K-League… I’d wager that the best players in that league are all at the top 2/3 clubs and when you get to the bottom half (who made up half the players on show) you’re probably not getting any real quality.

Happy to be wrong on this, and either way my only point was that we shouldn’t read into our first friendly v a dude who are probably much sharper and fitter than us currently 😊

How Richy Lad loooochk? Not fussed about pre season personally. If we go by that then Ten Haags United will dominate the world after their 4-0 pre season win v Liverpool. Don’t give a shit about the score and neither should any Spurs fan, but just good to see the new boys in action. How they play?
FIXXXCHSSSSSED Donny Laa!

Not much you can take from a game like that.. thought Sarr looked decent and Sessegnon has bulked up. Sanchez uncomfortable on the left.

Yeah she was doing way too much out there, wasn't great to watch.

I just feel that whoever gave her the job, hired her (it could have been a him) based on being politically correct rather than hiring the best person for the job.

The guy who usually does pre and post match interviews (who was with her today) looked frustrated by her constant uncontrolled laughter and interruptions.

She was all over the place at one point.

Embarrassing for the new platform.

During the match I couldn't help but think if I was a player who wasn't going to make it at the highest level (like the Dutch lads in their team today), then I think I'd opt for the K-League. Big crowds of wildly enthusiastic fans who idolise you, a proper footballing culture, friendly, welcoming people, delicious food, interesting culture, fun girls...

I mean you'd doubtlessly get paid better in the Gulf but get none of the above.

I thought that in patches they played really well, and though i know it was very pre-season there second goal made us look fucking awful.

Their leveler once again showed up Sanchez for what he is, a Championship player. For the life of me i still cannot believe that once again he tried to kick that head height cross.

Season starts in 3 weeks....

Bissouma: Best to assume he'll be missing for 10 days+
Perisic: No idea how his calf injury is healing... Do you?
For all we know he is symptom less and will rejoin the team with a negative test in 3 days.

Don't think it's best to assume anything at this point, we will just see how it plays out.

Back
Top Bottom