Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not with Conte in charge. We haven't needed it since he came, he hasn't needed it in his favoured formation for as long as I recall.
You may need it, because your brain and instincts tell you all teams need it. But you're not an elite coach, Conte is.
Conte has use such players in every team he was.
Fabregas in Chelsea, Brozovic, Barella in Inter, Pirlo, Vidal and Pogba in Juventus.
While some people on here may have learn about Conte after his stay at Chelsea i watched him way before that.
Also not getting a CM(DLP type of player), we are handicapping ourselves against tight teams, it was so obvious how much we struggle last season against them. And we pretty much are screw to use 3-5-2 to it's full potential. It's always great to have option and to be able to change formation and surprise your opposition. For certain teams we definitely need to play with 3 in the center.

And how do you know what Conte wants or need? Neither do i know, neither do you. We also don't know .
And obviously i'm going to share what i think we need, from my point of view.

And yeah such type of player that is the architect of the game is needed in every team.
As well as magician type of player, like what Conte have in Hazard in his stay at Chelsea.
We still lack that type of player that is great at 1vs1 and can easily unlock opponents defense.
Raphinha would have been great, but probably the price was too much for us, and we didn't go all the way.

That would explain the incessant moaning.
:vdvshh:

:dierpochhug:

Not gonna lie, it took me a few minutes but.....

you-got-a-gift-you.gif

Conte has use such players in every team he was.
Fabregas in Chelsea, Brozovic, Barella in Inter, Pirlo, Vidal and Pogba in Juventus.
While some people on here may have learn about Conte after his stay at Chelsea i watched him way before that.
Also not getting a CM(DLP type of player), we are handicapping ourselves against tight teams, it was so obvious how much we struggle last season against them. And we pretty much are screw to use 3-5-2 to it's full potential. It's always great to have option and to be able to change formation and surprise your opposition. For certain teams we definitely need to play with 3 in the center.

And how do you know what Conte wants or need? Neither do i know, neither do you. We also don't know .
And obviously i'm going to share what i think we need, from my point of view.

And yeah such type of player that is the architect of the game is needed in every team.
As well as magician type of player, like what Conte have in Hazard in his stay at Chelsea.
We still lack that type of player that is great at 1vs1 and can easily unlock opponents defense.
Raphinha would have been great, but probably the price was too much for us, and we didn't go all the way.
Liverpool are the prime example of a team that could unlock the tightest defences without a creative central midfielder. Especially their title winning side. The creativity came from the system, the counterpressing, front 3 and full backs. Coutinho was sold and they didn't look back.

I put 2 and 2 together and got 4. Not 22 like you Levy , Stadium, Top 6 Big Club, Above Woolwich, World Class..... Fans.

You 100 percent correct, it is miserable knowing the club you support's claim to fame this century is the 2008 League Cup. And prior to that last won the FA Cup in 1991.

Don't know how you managed to bring Trump into a football conversation? I give you 10 points for managing that. Guess that's why you believe the above mentioned.

Sorry I bust your bubble. Man City, Real Madrid, Liverpool ....etc, those are world class. Why? Their football teams come first. They not worried about the Best Vegan Burger sold at the most Beautiful NFL stadium. Only fools buy into the 'World Class Stadium" Bullshit. I'd rather have White Heart Lane, full Trophy cabinet and a Kick Ass football team not consisting of any players the caliber of Ndombele, Gil, Lo Celso, Winks, Sanchez, Emerson, Doherty, and Davies. But that's just my take on it.
So much this.
One good transfer window won't fix all the harm done by the previous years.
Also some people lost their mind over the supposed 150m. cash, but that sum was impressive back in the early 2000.
Some team spend that much money pretty much every season or so. Let's see how will goes in the future.

So much this.
One good transfer window won't fix all the harm done by the previous years.
Also some people lost their mind over the supposed 150m. cash, but that sum was impressive back in the early 2000.
Some team spend that much money pretty much every season or so. Let's see how will goes in the future.

This isn’t fucking cheat mode on football manager for fuck sake

A creative midfielder is what we are missing. I know it probably doesn’t fit Contes system but an Eriksen type for the last 20 minutes of games when we are chasing the game would be good.

It would be lovely to think Ndombele could be that player .
Considering he can only last 20 minutes, you might be on to something there…
:sonhmm:
Tired Black And White GIF by BLoafX

Was the source of Hincapie a serious one guys?
It is getting boring to discuss about raphinha/Richarlison

Several CB names floating around atm, - Bastoni is still on list (but think he is staying at Inter if not moved by 30 June), Bremer (everything gone quiet on him), Lemlet (loan), Ndicka and Hincapie.

To judge by recent transfers, one of the above or one we've not been linked to will suddenly become centre stage news and be announced a couple of days later.....

Since Chelsea Conte hasn't relied upon a creative CM. He favoured Kante and Matic. Fabregas started in 13 league games.
Kante 34 and Matic 29.
Hazard is a forward, not a creative CM.
That's not to say he won't use a creative CM, but it's not how he plans to win a game from the start.

For me, the Richarlison winner against Chelsea absolutely sums him up. Everton at the Bridge in 18th with 4 games left, almost certainly doomed and Richarlison pulls a winner out of nowhere down solely down to intensity and work rate.

It would have been so easy for him in that situation not to make that gut busting run to close down Azpilecueta, we see relegation teams shirk that effort all the time. But that’s the type of player he is, all work rate and fire.

He also scores a ton of scrappy poacher goals too which I think will be a great addition for us.

We seem to be the leverage to get fans onboard with every signing this window.

Every player turned us down to sign for their club apparently. As soon as fans hear that they think they have won something.

To date, I swear we have had talks and put offers in for 55 players and all bar 3 have turned us down.

Liverpool are the prime example of a team that could unlock the tightest defences without a creative central midfielder. Especially their title winning side. The creativity came from the system, the counterpressing, front 3 and full backs. Coutinho was sold and they didn't look back.
Liverpool play high pressure football, and Klopp have like what 5-6 years to build this team.
They also have Salah who can unlock enemy defense with ease.
And how exactly they didn't have a creative midfielder, when they have Wijnaldum and Keita ? Not that the first is such a great player. Fabinho is also solid at taking the ball from defenders and make the link with the forwards and other midfielders.
Their team is very good at passing the ball. Even Henderson which i don't rate much, his passing is not bad, and can fill that job as well.
Also Klopp get his hands on Thiago Alcantara, so obviously they need such type of player ....
That was bad example.

Last season we have plenty of matches where we struggle heavily with even moving the ball in our side. Kane has to come back and play deep, cause we were lacking quality in that midfielder area.

Last edited:
For me, the Richarlison winner against Chelsea absolutely sums him up. Everton at the Bridge in 18th with 4 games left, almost certainly doomed and Richarlison pulls a winner out of nowhere down solely down to intensity and work rate.

It would have been so easy for him in that situation not to make that gut busting run to close down Azpilecueta, we see relegation teams shirk that effort all the time. But that’s the type of player he is, all work rate and fire.

He also scores a ton of scrappy poacher goals too which I think will be a great addition for us.

Love that goal cos it is a heartbreaker. 30 yard worldie you can do shit about, but that goal affects the whole team,, making them nervous.

Back
Top Bottom