Middlesbrough v Tottenham Hotspur, FA Cup 5th Round, Riverside Stadium, Tuesday 1st March 2022 at 19:55 GMT, LIVE on BBC1

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hate to Bust your Bubble but Jose took Dier away from that position because he sucked at it. Kulu is dead on his feet. Before The 'Kulu is Great ' brigade kills me, I just think he isn't used to so many games at such an intensity.

We had Emerson, Bergwjin, Sanchez and Scarlett on the bench. I believe they would never have made the Bourgh squad either.
Bergwijn needs a run in the team. Offers more than Son who’s way of the pace atm

Not like we were going to win this fucker anyway with City, Palace, Chelsea, West Ham, Liverpool, Everton left in.

Poor all over the park. Boro weren't great either although that twat Danny Murphy will be wanking himself to sleep over the result tonight.

Shame we wasted 120 mins on that when we could have got ourselves knocked out on Covid grounds or some bollocks.

Not capable of applying & sustaining pressure on them. Don't think Boro 'deserved' to win either, but this is one we should be going 1-2 up by half time, 2-3 up by full time, winning at a Canter.
The fact we weren't capable of anything like that suggests we didn't deserve to go through rather than Boro deserving it for me.

Shit game. 31 years and counting. Let's not act shocked we aren't winning the FA Cup again.

So there's only VAR in PL stadiums for the FA Cup? How can you have a tournament where there's different officiating in the same round? Either you have it or you don't. Makes no sense.
The same tournament that has moved the entire 5th round to midweek, banned replays, and now kicks off the Final at 17.30 to appeal to the U.S/Far East 'Consumers'!!
Imagine if they moved the Superbowl 'kick-off' (or whatever they call it... 'wank-off'?) to 12pm ET so that UK viewers could watch it at a decent time?!!

We're better off out of it all!!

Football is brokended!

That goal kane scored would have been ok had var been in service. Could just it all unfold. Timid and lack of confidence. I just cant see us giving conte a load of cash to spend in summer where hes only here for another year. Off to bad start hes sacked, wasted cash and another wasted seaaon. Royal shouldnt even be on bench let alone on pitch. Have to say conte got tactics wrong changing to back four. All over place. The service to kane was diabolical.

Yes but he wanted replacements and didn't want to be short in numbers which he said we are weaker and he is right with Ben and Skipp injured, only PEH and Winks available.
He also wanted RWB and backup striker
yes but once he realised he wasn't getting that he could have at the very least insisted on keeping 1 of them for numbers sake if anything.

Even now he has said that he can finally rotate the cm's which he could do before. We had 5 Cm's before...we have 4 now....only reason he couldn't rotate was because he didn't want to.

Perhaps conte should not have been appointed and we should have sold off son and kane and went with a younger manager and rebuild over 3 to 4 seasons.
Since he took over it’s always about when he’s going to leave. Woolwich seem to be going places by backing arteta and rebuilding from the bottom
I agree in principle but the problem with that is our recruitment is a joke. Any money raised from the sale of Kane and Son would probably have resulted in us buying more Sanchez’s, Lo Celsos and Bergwijns unless the whole scouting process is ripped up as well.

Back
Top Bottom