Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tony is just a little emotional after that game so we'll wait and see at the pre-Leeds presser what his thoughts are when he has cooled down. I'd strongly suggest avoiding Sky/Talksports for the next couple of days as it will be unbearable.

I don’t think Conte wants to work for a club with low expectations. It is not his nature. We need quality players to satisfy his desire to compete and he clearly doesn’t feel that Levy will deliver that in the summer. From his point of view it’s better to part ways now if Levy won’t provide the players he wants. A manager like Conte wants to win. If he’s not going to be given the tools to do it, then why stay? It’s not on him to lower his expectations, the club needs to raise theirs. Why am I paying £1300 for a season ticket if we have low expectations?
Again, Sure.

No issue with that. But we can't buy anyone till the summer so what do we do until then?

he knows that. what does he achieve here by saying this. he's talking like he's not good enough for the job when nobody thinks that.

That’s the thing though. It’s not even the same results right now. Spurs are getting battered by the likes of Southampton , wolves and Burnley.
Nobody here is under any illusions as to how shit a lot of our playing personnel are. This summer is critical in terms of clearing out hopefully most of the remaining deadwood and getting proper personnel in. The negativity from Conte and a coach of his reputation and prowess getting outsmarted by Burnley, Southampton and Wolves is quite disappointing.

I would prefer it if he analysed the performance and his own decisions - pointing out what went wrong rather than make these broad statements that need to be interpreted; does nothing for team spirit.

Maybe he was more concerned that his hair would blow away.

On the finances side. There doesn't need to be much overlap.

Agree a transfer and wage budget. And let the coach and Dof get on with it. If they fuck up sack them.

Our transfer committee approach has been nothing short of disasterous

Ha there is no “committee”

It’s a smoke screen for levy doing what the fuck he wants on a shoe string

I know we're all in a bad place right now but don't bring Ben into it!

:)
i do GIF

That’s the thing though. It’s not even the same results right now. Spurs are getting battered by the likes of Southampton , wolves and Burnley.
Nuno lost 3-0 at Palace, got battered at Woolwich. Mourinho 3-0 to Zagreb, 3-1 at Sheff Utd, out to Norwich at home in the cup, the end of Poch 3-0 at Brighton. This group of players are rancid and we add to their numbers every year. Its only Kane and Son that have kept our heads above water for 3 years now.

It's so odd though, he came out fighting on Friday, he loved these players and was happy here, then we won on sat.

it's an extreme reaction to losing away at Burnley under shit conditions. We shouldn't lose but it can happen.

He surely backs himself to turn it round?

it's weird behavior.

He's a more than a bit bi-polar isn't he.....?

I accept that he's a bit loco and temperamental (and that it's just his character), but I wish he'd tear it up with Levy in person if that's what he feels is necessary and drop and the mumbling, political double-talk...... It's all very well saying "the fans deserve better" and chatting about how "honest" he is; but he's creating another layer of media-grind for us that we as fans can frankly do without.

He's asked for patience; he has our patience and our backing..... How's about he backs himself and us fans into the bargain.

Nobody here is under any illusions as to how shit a lot of our playing personnel are. This summer is critical in terms of clearing out hopefully most of the remaining deadwood and getting proper personnel in. The negativity from Conte and a coach of his reputation and prowess getting outsmarted by Burnley, Southampton and Wolves is quite disappointing.
Mourinho was also 'outsmarted' , Conte is 'outsmarted' Poch was getting 'outsmarted' . Reality is, they werent outsmarted. The playing staff is the problem.

Somewhere in portugal Nuno must be laughing his head off right now. 'You thought I was the problem?!haha"

Back
Top Bottom