Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Cincinnati Bengals are in the SuperBowl tonight after a 32 year absence. Their 86 year old owner, Mike Brown consistently wins just about every poll for the worst and most frugal owner in the NFL.

Hope springs eternal!
So what you´re saying is, we will win the League Cup in about 12 years time?

Running Man Dancing GIF

Where have I given anyone credit?

My point is that its too easy to always blame Levy and ENIC as opposed to laying the ire at the manager and the players.

Does everyone who has disagreed with me believe Wolves and Southampton are better teams than ours?

If so then okay but I bet most thought we would win both games, so where does the blame lie?
Levy.. and the fact that several of those players arnt good enough. It's all very well sacking the manager but when the chairman shops at poundland's and brings in inferior crap. Emerson, Doherty etc it's hardly surprising we are making Southampton and wolves look good.

Largest trophy drought at a time when Chelsea and City have taken spending to insane levels. When United had their greatest manager of all time as did Woolwich.

I get it and it's shameful but we have had chances and we failed the many tests.

I do not completely disagree but I am unconvinced that anything would placate the fury of those fans who seemingly equate expenditure to success.

Yes it's part of it but the harsh reality is that we have bought poorly more than we haven't bought.
It's about bringing the right players in. Getting the scouting right and not wasting money on dross

The Bengals snatch Super Bowl defeat from the jaws of victory in the last minute.

I’d actually completely forgotten that Kronke owned the Rams.

Last edited:
Correct.

It becomes a straw man discussion.

In the wider piece I am in agreement. Lack of strategy and clarity but please nobody tell me that we should not have had enough to win today and during the week..

I get the frustration but every time we lose it's Levy or ENIC?

That's senseless and giving the manager and player's no sense of responsibility.
We played Wolves away & if you remember they bombarded us , outplayed us but we managed to get a late goal ( Dele pen )

Southampton had a player sent off & managed to get a 1-1 draw , then the reverse fixtures of both we were out played & lost both.

I don’t think we have enough as it’s clear we don’t ,
our defence is woeful , midfield has next to no creativity & that’s why our only method of attack is on the break & that means giving up possession, you can do that if you have a solid defence , we don’t .

No it is not a straw man argument because we are in this very situation due to our transfer policy, we left things too late , as ever . Self imposed transfer embargo which was criminal negligence of the football team & season after seasons transfer windows come down the the final days X scraping around for players because we seem to be incapable of doing an uncomplicated deal while others do.

One of the worst spurs performances in recent times. We pose as this big club but we truly looked mid table out there yesterday. We couldnt put together a few simple passes. Barring Kane, Romero and to a lesser extent Son, these players would have trouble getting in the starting 11 of most mid table clubs. Its not even a question of players performing badly. Its just that this is their level. When you have a group of players that dont know how to pass or clear a ball properly you are in trouble

Where is the end goal with the appointment of Conte? You had the Levy extremists come out of their cave and declare the January window a huge success, almost as if we had won a trophy? Why? Because we loaned out some deadwood? And brought in two guys from a weak Juventus bench. On the basis because our new DoF used to be the old Juventus director?

There is no plan. There is no strategy. Levy keeps making these big manager name appointments to try to raise the profile of the club without making proper investment. How many more times do we need to fail with big money managers before we realise that it doesnt fucking work if you dont make big name signings. Conte isn't a miracle worker. He wins stuff with the biggest spending clubs. Every transfer window becomes a clown show where we result in panic bidding for every player in the world and end with a C level version of the guy the manager actually wanted.

When we had Pochettino you had a guy that didnt get funds but make sure spurs came into the game as the most conditioned team. Able to press for 120 minutes no questioned asked if needs be. We were the fittest team in the league. That with the ability to be flexible and adapt and use the tools that he had to work with.

I like Conte but he isnt that guy. Mourinho wasnt that guy. They dont build teams. They motivate players that are already winners. Levy is a fucking poser. He hasnt had a decent signing since VDV. He has turned spurs into posers. With the stadium. The NFL deals. The concerts. We had a great thing with Pochettino, we were overachieving like hell, and Levy tried to be the big man with the big plans and thought we could go further without spending any money. Get mourinho and join the super league. Become an elitist club part of an exclusive league. Put on shows at our grand commercial new stadium.

And now we have become irrelevant again. Lose Kane and our disappearance into mediocrity is complete. Conte isnt going to be here long term. Hes just going to go through the motions, 12 months left raking in the dough with his expensive salary and then move on to bigger and better things. The only way he quits is if the results turn so bad his reputation comes into jeopardy.

Wolves took the piss out of us yesterday. The game was over in the first 20 minutes.

Last edited:
One of the worst spurs performances in recent times. We pose as this big club but we truly looked mid table out there yesterday. We couldnt put together a few simple passes. Barring Kane, Romero and to a lesser extent Son, these players would have trouble getting in the starting 11 of most mid table clubs.

Where is the end goal with the appointment of Conte? You had the Levy extremists come out of their cave and declare the January window a huge success, almost as if we had won a trophy? Why? Because we loaned out some deadwood? And brought in two guys from a weak Juventus bench. On the basis because our new DoF used to be the old Juventus director?

There is no plan. There is no strategy. Levy keeps making these big manager name appointments to try to raise the profile of the club without making proper investment. How many more times do we need to fail with big money managers before we realise that it doesnt fucking work if you dont make big name signings. Conte isn't a miracle worker. He wins stuff with the biggest spending clubs. Every transfer window becomes a clown show where we result in panic bidding for every player in the world and end with a C level version of the guy the manager actually wanted.

When we had Pochettino you had a guy that didnt get funds but make sure spurs came into the game as the most conditioned team. Able to press for 120 minutes no questioned asked if needs be. We were the fittest team in the league. That with the ability to be flexible and adapt and use the tools that he had to work with.

I like Conte but he isnt that guy. Mourinho wasnt that guy. They dont build teams. They motivate players that are already winners. Levy is a fucking poser. He hasnt had a decent signing since VDV. He has turned spurs into posers. With the stadium. The NFL deals. The concerts. We had a great thing with Pochettino, we were overachieving like hell, and Levy tried to be the big man with the big plans and thought we could go further without spending any money. Get mourinho and join the super league. Become an elitist club part of an exclusive league. Put on shows at our grand commercial new stadium.

And now we have become irrelevant again. Lose Kane and our disappearance into mediocrity is complete. Conte isnt going to be here long term. Hes just going to go through the motions, 12 months left raking in the dough with his expensive salary and then move on to bigger and better things. The only way he quits is if the results turn so bad his reputation comes into jeopardy.

Wolves took the piss out of us yesterday. The game was over in the first 20 minutes.

Brilliant post.

A harsh read and to a large extent yes to much of it.

What is being ignored continually however is the impact of our managers, the lack of improvement of our players and the need for continuity.

Completely understand that fans want to see quality signings but they are only good once they have performed and that only comes from coaching and development.

It has to be said that since Pochettino's penultimate season not one player has arguably got better. Not one player can you look at and think wow, what development. I mean not one. Kane plays differently but better?

My point is a simple one in response to an excellent post.

We just have no philosophy in terms of how we play and we see no.player development. That is not just down to Levy and ENIC unless we expect them to coach the team as well.

As mentioned it would be very hard to believe the majority were against the signings of Sessegnon, Ndombele or Lo Celso but if you don't develop players or they fail to motivate themselves or they get scared by the demand, what to do?

In many respects we have cleared the decks. More players need to go quite obviously and then it's nearly a restart.

Is Conte that man? Not in my book and like you I think he is a quality manager, but of certain types of player. With the model we will need to adopt? Not sure at all.

Get it wrong though and we are fcuked, with or without Kane.

Last edited:
I think we know. He's gone by October and we will be lucky if he stays this summer.

No way in hell he's going to get the caliber of players he needs to do something and he knows it.
And we'll be thrust into another mid season managerial search while another season gets written off with some bullshit DNA statement put up on the website.

It's bizarre that some people are still buying in to this shit

And we'll be thrust into another mid season managerial search while another season gets written off with some bullshit DNA statement put up on the website.

It's bizarre that some people are still buying in to this shit

Who is buying into it, not that anyone really knows what it is?

There are all sorts of supporter as you would expect. It's bloody hard to know what to think at present and even harder to know which direction next.

For me the single biggest thing is having an identity. Knowing what we are and what we are seeking to achieve. Right now it's misty.

Realistically we ain't challenging for the league anytime soon, so then it's top 4 or is it top 8?

The most important thing for all concerned is the direction and expectation.

Getting Conte was supposed to mean something and by the end of the summer we will know if it was an act of deception. Until then it's choppy waters.

Last edited:
Who is buying into it, not that anyone really knows what it is?

There are all sorts of supporter as you would expect. It's bloody hard to know what to think at present and even harder to know which direction next.

For me the single biggest thing is having an identity. Knowing what we are and what we are seeking to achieve. Right now it's misty.

Realistically we aubt challenging for the league anytime soon, so then it's top 4 or is it too 8?

The most important thing for all concerned is the direction and expectation.

Getting Conte was supposed to mean something and by the end of the summer we will know if it was an act of deception. Until then it's choppy waters.

Pretty sure Conte isn’t going to get the backing he needs.

Levy is a cunt and needs to fuck off now.

Pretty sure Conte isn’t going to get the backing he needs.

Levy is a cunt and needs to fuck off now.

Okay so the view on Levy is your business.

The easier bit to ask you and all those who say Conte needs backing is what that equates to, adding necessary context?

When is it clear that Conte has been backed? When we buy players or when we are in the top 3 or if we win a trophy or what?

And of course if we do none of the above does it mean Conte wasn't backed?

Back
Top Bottom