January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

the problem the club have is we need good players to get into/play in the CL, But we also need better players if we get into EL or EConf L as our second 11 are poor (wehave seen how they did this season

the problem the club have is we need good players to get into/play in the CL, But we also need better players if we get into EL or EConf L as our second 11 are poor (wehave seen how they did this season
There is too much of a big rebuild to be done, we can't even get decent back up for Kane.

Ironically our 2nd 11 contains all of our most expensive transfer. Lo Celso, Sanchez, Ndombele, Bergjwin, Romero.

Ironically our 2nd 11 contains all of our most expensive transfer. Lo Celso, Sanchez, Ndombele, Bergjwin, Romero.
agree that many in the second 11 were big transfers, most players in that second 11 look like they are not bothered, if they want to get into the first 11 put the effort in when you are asked to play for the club

agree that many in the second 11 were big transfers, most players in that second 11 look like they are not bothered, if they want to get into the first 11 put the effort in when you are asked to play for the club

And that seems to hit the nail on the head. Everyone is calling for big money transfers of superstar players.

BUT BUT BUT

Tottenham are not a club these players dream of playing for. We are a stepping stone / we are a compromise / we are a regret.

Romero threw us under the bus the play for Argentina after only a few weeks at the club.

We have to be very careful to sign players that really want to be here and give 100%. The likes of Vlahovic, Dybala would be mistakes; and their agents would be looking for their next move the moment they arrive.

I know everyone would like the big name, big money players; but we really aren't ready for that.

Villa, Newcastle and Everton have made moves. I think Watford have made a signing or two. Wolves just got in a winger. I think deals can be done if ENIC have the balls to risk a few million without the intent to sell first. The squad news improving right now even if not with first choices. We need about 7 players who are ready for 1st team squad and getting 1-2 now makes the summer less messy

Villa are the only one of those teams that have signed anybody that improves them. Unless Newcastle sign 2 or 3 more they're still heading down. Watford will sack Tinkerman soon. Everton are screwed and panic buying dross. Ask yourself, are you jealous of any of the signings any of those teams bar Villa have made. Gerrard was the reason they signed Coutinho. All the money and ambition in the world can't compete with mates signing mates.

Dier, Romero, Ndombele, Bergwijn and Son are gonna be like new signings after the international break.

Yep. Shit ones. All our signings are shit.

There is too much of a big rebuild to be done, we can't even get decent back up for Kane.
If only we knew that players aged & got worse. Someone should have told us so we could plan & rebuild gradually over time rather than have a squad full of cloggers. & need a huge upheaval of deadwood.

And that seems to hit the nail on the head. Everyone is calling for big money transfers of superstar players.

BUT BUT BUT

Tottenham are not a club these players dream of playing for. We are a stepping stone / we are a compromise / we are a regret.

Romero threw us under the bus the play for Argentina after only a few weeks at the club.

We have to be very careful to sign players that really want to be here and give 100%. The likes of Vlahovic, Dybala would be mistakes; and their agents would be looking for their next move the moment they arrive.

I know everyone would like the big name, big money players; but we really aren't ready for that.

I do agree, to some extent. But if we're going to act skint all the time then maybe we should be looking at stepping stone players to improve us initially, sell for a profit then reinveat again.
We used to do that really well.

Give Graham Potter a look if Conte biyching

Seriously while we lack some character in people like dele, potter with his unknowns matched Chelsea.

Enough excuses, I don't know why bergwijn not playing, he's strong fast.

Lack confidence to finish but he gets into his position.

Every window, we acting like it's fifa transfer market. Alot of our players thrives under another system, just not a rigid one.
Potter not interested supposedly. Reported he turned us down pre Nuno , said he did not want Levy damaging his CV. Nobody knows for sure, but i think it sounds very plausible , bar Poch every manager Levy has touched their next job has been a downward step

Last edited:
Mate. If Woolwich beat us, 4th is in their hands. And on our form vs theirs, I would wager on them for purely rational reasons.

United is playing their worst football of the last 3-4 seasons. Even a slight uptick in form and they're very easily jumping us.

We aren't in a great position. We are just surprisingly not absolutely fucked, yet, with the shitshow of a season we've had considering our summer, our first manager's lack of competence, and changing managers midway.

Just insane when you write it all down.
Agreed we are in contention , despite our best efforts not to be

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom