Tottenham Hotspur VS Rennes. ECL - Thursday Dec 9th 2021 KO 8PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In normal circumstances, I'd be annoyed, but these are not normal circumstances, as if they were, we would have played the game!
We are so far behind in the PL, and as extending the league is not an option, we would have been playing three games a week.
Yes, it would have been nice to win a trophy, but there were no guarantees that we would have been successful, and we should (touch wood) at least qualify for Europa by our league standing.
(It would be so Spursey if we qualified for Conference again next year, let's hope Antonio keeps up the good work to ensure THAT doesn't happen!)

Last edited:
Corrupt decision against Tottenham by UEFA who have always treated this club badly. This is the same virus that is decimating football in Europe and causing riots yet UEFA has their head in the sand and punish clubs who try to protect their players from the virus.
Wait and see what happens if covid affects one of UEFAs’ “big boys” in the champions league They’ll shit their selves before coming up with some BS to help them out!!

We should never have been reliant on the final game to go through.
Shambles.

In normal circumstances, I'd be annoyed, but these are not normal circumstances, as if they were, we would have played the game!
We are so far behind in the PL, and as extending the league is not an option, we would have been playing three games a week.
Yes, it would have been nice to won a trophy, but there were no guarantees that we would have been successful, and we should (touch wood) at least qualify for Europa by our league standing.
(It would be so Spursey if we qualified for Conference again next year, let's hope Antonio keeps up the good work to ensure THAT doesn't happen!)

EPL fixture issue = me feeling similarly philosophical..... Otherwise I'd be fuming!

It sucks but not surprising. As others have said we should have never been in a place where this result mattered.

I don't get people happy that we are out, it was our only chance to win a trophy this year and our best shot at getting back into CL.

If anyone on this forum, or anyone they know that is a Spurs supporter, ever orders a Domino pizza again, I will send my troops round and the only thing you'll be able to eat in future is soup!
queen GIF
Pizza is expensive cheese on toast, its the least favourite takeaway option in my opinion.
Now I've seen this, Dominoes is firmly off the menu.

Pizza is expensive cheese on toast, its the least favourite takeaway option in my opinion.
Now I've seen this, Dominoes is firmly off the menu.
It's not even proper cheese.
You want a quick belly filler?
2 slices of bread in the toaster. Melt cheese and ketchup and worcester sauce (and cooked meat in the fridge if you've got) in the microwave.
3 minutes.

Our best shot at getting back into the CL? The winner gets an EL place mate

In 2024 the CL is adding two spots for teams based on co-efficient. If we win this, or even did well, we would be basically assured on one of those spots assuming nothing crazy happens with other clubs not qualifying.

We still might be high enough anyways but this makes it less likely. Especially if a team like Roma does well.

In 2024 the CL is adding two spots for teams based on co-efficient. If we win this, or even did well, we would be basically assured on one of those spots assuming nothing crazy happens with other clubs not qualifying.

We still might be high enough anyways but this makes it less likely. Especially if a team like Roma does well.
I would rather win the CL in 2023 and qualify that way:contekiss:

Back
Top Bottom