Dec '21 COVID Outbreak

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But even that doesn't tell the full picture.
How many of them were excessively old, critically ill or just ready "to go" already?
You can't call something a killer virus if that person would have been tipped over the edge by a strong cold. If you do, then we should all be in lockdown all the time.

What they need to do is examine:
How many people under the age of say 70 have died of covid
How many of those had no underlying health issues
Rule out everyone that had a positive result but no symptoms and died of something else
Split those deaths into vaccinated and unvaccinated
Then you start to see a true picture of how covid affects the population.

What is interesting, is that it's not beyond reason, that this kind of data gathering is happening behind the scenes. But perhaps the people in charge just think all of the public are idiots and dumb it down.
100% agree.

That said, I’m not scared of dying but I am terrified of long Covid or some other physical issue

100% agree.

That said, I’m not scared of dying but I am terrified of long Covid or some other physical issue
I'm scared of breaking my ankle and not being able to run,
The irony being, I'm most likely to break it when I am actually running.

Just have to get on with shit.
Maybe we need to go back to the idea of makeshift covid wards that sprung up and never got used early last year. Stick them all in there with basic trained staff and leave the rest of the care system to deal with the rest.
Or let nature decide who survives. I'm in the camp that thinks Thanos was the hero, not the avengers.

The first message on this thread was Tuesday 8:28. So surely, the half a dozen players with COVID have isolated for 10 days by 1930 on Thursday?

Yes, although 2 additional players would stay in isolation because they tested positive after the others.

If they return negative tests, most of our first team should be available for Liverpool.

100% agree.

Yeah what really worries me is ending up like that poor husband of Kate Garraway. In hospital for months and months and months, and his life irreversibly changed forever.

If I do end up hospitalised and in a serious condition with Covid, I'd rather it put me out of my misery swiftly, tbf. More than that, I'd rather go quickly than have friends and family worrying about me for months on end.

We are most likely going to have to put the entire first team back into isolation. But that is me being pessimistic.

We are seeing outbreaks starting at other clubs now like Norwich, Villa, Man United and Leicester. The league will have to take a break to let it settle.
Taking a break ain't gonna cut it. Reminds me of the slogan during the very first days of the pandemic: "2 weeks to stop the spread." We all know how that went.

The league will just have to play through it and rearrange games as needed. In a way, we may have lucked out being the first team with a widespread case of the covids, in that we're probably getting better treatment from the league. Once it becomes the norm, the rules may change just to get the season finished on time.

And hopefully our players will have acquired some improved immunity, if it was Omicron that they caught.

Players have Covid and less than a week later they are in full training

And the world is going to go into lockdown again over this?

The common cold is a corona virus and it seems like that’s where Covid is heading, but as usual it’s one rule for football and another for everyone else

Sit in a stadium with 60,000 people that’s fine, as long as you wear a mask on the tube home

Players have Covid and less than a week later they are in full training

And the world is going to go into lockdown again over this?

The common cold is a corona virus and it seems like that’s where Covid is heading, but as usual it’s one rule for football and another for everyone else

Sit in a stadium with 60,000 people that’s fine, as long as you wear a mask on the tube home
100% agreed - time to let this thing rip and kill it with herd immunity like every other virus before - nothing else seems to be working. Lockdowns - LMFAO

Last edited:
But even that doesn't tell the full picture.
How many of them were excessively old, critically ill or just ready "to go" already?
You can't call something a killer virus if that person would have been tipped over the edge by a strong cold. If you do, then we should all be in lockdown all the time.

What they need to do is examine:
How many people under the age of say 70 have died of covid
How many of those had no underlying health issues
Rule out everyone that had a positive result but no symptoms and died of something else
Split those deaths into vaccinated and unvaccinated
Then you start to see a true picture of how covid affects the population.

What is interesting, is that it's not beyond reason, that this kind of data gathering is happening behind the scenes. But perhaps the people in charge just think all of the public are idiots and dumb it down.

I have been saying the same thing since the start of this. Until we get a breakdown of that data we just don’t have the whole story. They obviously don’t want it in the public realm though or else it would have been revealed. So then you have to ask why they don’t?

I have been saying the same thing since the start of this. Until we get a breakdown of that data we just don’t have the whole story. They obviously don’t want it in the public realm though or else it would have been revealed. So then you have to ask why they don’t?
Personally, I think they've dug a massive hole and now they just have you keep the pretense up.

Or they genuinely are convinced their barely coherent stats are all that matters.

I also wouldn't be surprised if all these "new" variants would have been around year in year out and no one would have ever noticed because absolutely no one ever tested themselves for anything when they felt mildly ill and even less than nobody tester themselves when they were fine and dandy

I'm in the camp that thinks Thanos was the hero, not the avengers.

Thanos was an idiot with no understanding of population growth. He got rid of half - approximately what the population was in 1970.

A lot of effort that would need to be repeated every 50 years or so.

Fill your boots:

100% agreed - time to let this thing rip and kill it with herd immunity like every other virus before - nothing else seems to be working. Lockdowns - LMFAO
I have to agree...we've been pretty much going as normal for months with a more deadly variant...Omicron has been here for weeks...getting your booster shot to mitigate any effects is more important than another lockdown.

Back
Top Bottom