Glenn Hoddle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Love this quote, it’s so right.

I was 19 and Danny Blanchflower [who captained Spurs to the Double in 1960-61] said: ‘Glenn, the luxury player is the one that cannot do what you can do. He cannot see a pass. He keeps giving the ball away. Don’t ever think you’re a luxury player.’ It was a real boost of confidence from the great Danny Blanchflower.”

This though, fuck me, Joe Lewis is obviously a massive prick. Just to confirm something we already knew.

Hoddle looks well now and we are soon talking football and Spurs again – for he managed the club he loves from 2001 to 2003. He remains a fan and I ask him if he has ever met the reclusive owner of Spurs? “No. I’ve never met Joe Lewis. Never even had a phone call. Never had a conversation with him and Spurs were always my club. That was the happiest I should have been but it was probably the most disgruntled I felt – at Tottenham

The Club should hire Hoddle on a consultancy short term basis to come and teach at least 1 player to take a decent Free kick. I do not get any excitement from getting a free kick in a dangerous position as we invariably do not score from them. Surely Hoddle could pass on his very high level of expertise in this area.

If you've more money than I have, book him on Memmo for less than £90 for a surprise personalised message to a Yid.

Enjoying life at an Eagles concert. :thumbup:

Glenn told the Mirror: "After my very near miss of losing my life, every moment is special for me these days. Nights like this are special to me. I’m very, very happy. I’m aware I might not have been able to see this."

A great interview, really worthwhile

Today, we’re dropping in on one of the most talented footballers England has ever produced.Kate sits down for a cup of tea with Glenn Hoddle to ask him what makes a great footballer, what it takes to be a truly great manager, and - obviously - whether Spurs can win the league…Who would you like Kate to speak to next? Find us on socials @footballramble.Sign up for our Patreon before the end of August and get 15% off an annual membership! Plus exclusive live events, ad-free Rambles, full video epi

* duration: 1:01h, Played: 31:23

* Published: 16/08/2022 05:00:27

* Episode Download link (56 MB): https://sphinx.acast.com/p/acast/s/footballramble/e/62fa8dfa5b2e9c001488ea41/media.mp3

* Show Notes:

* Episode feed: The Football Ramble - http://rss.acast.com/footballramble

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom