Everton vs Spurs - Sunday, November 7 14:00 GMT

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You've resorted to using the VAR team as a defence, honeslty :roflmao:

The reason they didn't bring it back was because it wasn't clear and obvious, not because it wasn't a foul, if you actually watch the incident your logic of 'getting the ball' totally falls flat on it's face seeing as the positions of his studs are at an angle which defies logic of actually getting the ball.

Yeah we're seeing completely different things here, so you think whatever you want. I've replayed it 10 times and not seen a red card challenge at all, if that goes against us we'd all be rightfully fucking fuming. You're talking 'angle of his studs' like it's not slowed down, that happens in a split second in real time, he's not deliberately doing shit.

He goes for the ball, misses slightly and then immediately stops doing so and checks on Son. There's no proof of intent. Just pure clutching at straws, if we're being honest.

I actually thought his hold up play was alright, it was his passing that was erratic to me today. He's usually perfect with his passing but misplayed so many today.

Passing was worse than usual, yes; but.....

Never wins headers anymore.
Ball frequently bounces off him.
Rarely out-muscles CBs anymore.

We could instruct him to never drop back past the half-way line, but the above would still persist; whereas 18 months go he'd boss the central duels.

They were up for it today and played significantly better.

They didn't play any better than us, they were shit.

How many saves did Lloris make? They were up for it though, Rafa wasn't letting them lose 5 in a row so they played a physical game especially when they have City and Liverpool in their next fixtures

100% - By the letter of the law, however "intent" means fuck all but that's not endangering a player, it's a foul. End.

Intent doesn't matter if the challenge is dangerous, yeah. But if he was just trying to hurt him a little but it wasn't dangerous, you could argue a red .. but it's neither dangerous, nor can you prove it's malicious.

Just nothing really, all in all.

We need to be active in January and very active in the summer, 18 months, that's how long imo it will take to turn this club around and make us a champions league side again and that's with full backing on first targets in every window.

After that, I think we will be setup to win something have a shot on target against bottom half teams, until then, this is the situation.
FTFY

Last edited:
They didn't play any better than us, they were shit.

How many saves did Lloris make? They were up for it though, Rafa wasn't letting them lose 5 in a row so they played a physical game especially when they have City and Liverpool in their next fixtures
Exactly. They were physical and tried to shut the game down, successfully so. Was a hard game.

We lose that with Nuno. I’m more than happy with a point at Goodison. A good run of fixtures coming up and then a transfer window.

A lot of heavy touches today from players you wouldn’t expect (Kane and Son especially) which means a lot of tired legs. Conte has been running them all week per reports, the better passing and touches will come when the legs are in better shape.
A very good observation. Two or three passes that were just a little late with not enough on them. That will get better.

Poor enough vs a bad Everton side. Kane and Son both underwhelming, Kane's mobility a massive concern. Skipp, Emerson and CB's decent. Reguilon poor. Lloris good. Lots of work for Conte, several new starters required. Hopefully Sessegnon can get fit and make himself useful. Though they worked hard and did a few bits, you're not going far with a Skipp/Hojbjerg midfield.
Sessegnon is almost an non-existent entity. How many head coaches have we changed since his arrival ?
We have heard enough to say that hope him can get fit soon.

Yeah we're seeing completely different things here, so you think whatever you want. I've replayed it 10 times and not seen a red card challenge at all, if that goes against us we'd all be rightfully fucking fuming. You're talking 'angle of his studs' like it's not slowed down, that happens in a split second in real time, he's not deliberately doing shit.

He goes for the ball, misses slightly and then immediately stops doing so and checks on Son. There's no proof of intent. Just pure clutching at straws, if we're being honest.

You don't need to be sent off for a deliberate challenge, it's the intent.

You go in hard on an opponent or OTT then you're risking a red. Godfrey could have won the ball fair and square and still left a bot on Son, no one would have said anything...the fact that he didn't win the ball then preceeded to put his studs up means he had other intentions...What do you think he was trying to do when Son was on the ground?

They call that leaving one on your opponent...

Look at the position of his studs and where it ends up, you may think he's figting for the ball but he's gone in hard initially and gone OTT hence why his studs end on Son.
No, he hasn't, in fact, quite the opposite he's actually trying to pull out. It's soft contact, nothing "hard" about it at all.

I do not blame Son for wanting to get him sent off, that's exactly what he should do, do whatever you can to gain an advantage for your team.

But no way that's a red card.

Tbf Conte being angry is more important than the 3 points.

Whether he channels it towards the players, Levy or into training sessions etc there can only be benefits.

Out of all our forward players, I thought Kane was pretty good actually :levyeyes: I will get slated for that as I see Kane is public enemy number 1.

Son should have gone sooner; there was no point in him being on the pitch, he wasted everything. Lucas, usual Bambi on ice routine, with the hope that one bobbles his way. Is there no way of improving this man's first touch?

Skipp best player on the pitch probably.

Sessegnon is almost an non-existent entity. How many head coaches have we changed since his arrival ?
We have heard enough to say that hope him can get fit soon.
Played a few games last season. Conte has form for changing wing backs on 70 mins so I think we will see him come into the fold (rather than playing fucking Docherty!)

Out of all our forward players, I thought Kane was pretty good actually :levyeyes: I will get slated for that as I see Kane is public enemy number 1.

Son should have gone sooner; there was no point in him being on the pitch, he wasted everything. Lucas, usual Bambi on ice routine, with the hope that one bobbles his way. Is there no way of improving this man's first touch?

Skipp best player on the pitch probably.
Agree with all this. Little bit harsh on Son as on another day Kane slides him in

You don't need to be sent off for a deliberate challenge, it's the intent.

You go in hard on an opponent or OTT then you're risking a red. Godfrey could have won the ball fair and square and still left a bot on Son, no one would have said anything...the fact that he didn't win the ball then preceeded to put his studs up means he had other intentions...What do you think he was trying to do when Son was on the ground?

They call that leaving one on your opponent...

Get his foot on the ball? He tries to pull out almost immediately when he realises he can't.

Seriously, I feel like I'm watching different footage to you. All I see is a player go in for the ball, miss and catch Son a bit. He clearly then pulls away straight away. Guilty of being overly eager to get the ball but that's it.

Not dangerous, not malicious. Foul and move on .. it's really not worth any of this.

Back
Top Bottom