Nuno out

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should Nuno be sacked ?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed about Jose, we did do it then and maybe it was a catalyst for Levy to not want to go after another really high paid, big name manager. Just looking around quickly, it doesn‘t seem like Nuno’s salary is really out of line.

I think its more about trying to attract the coaches that maybe need convincing to join. Nuno was out of work and I don’t think many clubs were beating down his door to get him to join. Maybe I’m way off base and we just didn’t want them, but it seems like we could have done better this summary by just coughing up the cash to lure the right person. We all know we settled and it will now cost us far more than just spending the money up front.
I think we will fund a decent salary for a manager, but a good, ambitious manager is likely more interested in the budget and strategic plan vs coining a big salary

Could Potter's 'masterclass' at Liverpool have finally persuaded Paratici? Maybe the timing of Nuno's departure isn't all about our results. It's also about lining up the replacement. I hope so.
So you think they would have chosen Potter on the basis of a single game (which he didn't even win). :nunothumb:

(I'm not against it being him btw - he's probably my favourite realistic choice - but I seriously doubt that on a weekend when we concede 3 AGAIN this season, without having a shot on target ourselves, Paratici's mind will be made up by Potter securing a draw an Anfield. I'm pretty sure that if Nuno gets fired today, it will because of our shitshow yesterday and all season, not because of Brighton's result. ;) )

PS I do hope you're right thought! :)

He is an attacking manager. But it’s like conte in the way every player must press and defend or they are fucked with him. He demands 100% from every player. He as no problems telling a player to fuck off and bench them.
That's good, we need a bit of toughness.
What is the closest PL team we can compare his style of play to?

Last season sporting was very strong in the league. They were off Europe all season so they were able to play their best eleven every week while Porto was in Europe until April.
Few more questions

Who has a better team out of Sporting and Porto?
Did Porto not have the squad to balance playing Europe and the league, or did the manager not rotate enough?

Nunos job is untenable. Lost all three london derbies and yesterday was final straw. He looks uncomfortable facing media as well. Players probably report back to training 2moz so likely nuno will get bullet tonight. Id love poch back and i have read recently psg board and players are not convinced. Perhaps hold our nerve until hes let go. Either way still expect nuno to be sacked tonight or on morning.

If yesterday's match is what sealed Nuno's fate then it feels like Mourinho would have been sacked by Christmas last year.
It's the Kane situation and the lack of shots on and off target so far this season mate, one and a half games without a shot on target, that's the difference. Josè was a pragmatic cunt, but we did win 6-1 at Old Trafford on his watch. Same team we didn't have a shot against at home yesterday....🤷‍♂️

If yesterday's match is what sealed Nuno's fate then it feels like Mourinho would have been sacked by Christmas last year.
We were never this bad under Mourinho. We were always thinking "oh this is the last time we'll concede late, we'll learn after this". When the football/results got even worse circa spring, he got sacked.

Nunos job is untenable. Lost all three london derbies and yesterday was final straw. He looks uncomfortable facing media as well. Players probably report back to training 2moz so likely nuno will get bullet tonight. Id love poch back and i have read recently psg board and players are not convinced. Perhaps hold our nerve until hes let go. Either way still expect nuno to be sacked tonight or on morning.
All FOUR.

That's good, we need a bit of toughness.
What is the closest PL team we can compare his style of play to?

Few more questions

Who has a better team out of Sporting and Porto?
Did Porto not have the squad to balance playing Europe and the league, or did the manager not rotate enough?
we can compare them to Nuno’s Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom