The entire Saudi Arabian soverign, population and government.. AKA Newcastle (A) 1630KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A more robust option than skipp, in allowing Hojbjerg to join in attacks more freely - as we've witnessed he's more than capable of, and which he did for s'ton much more than has been facilitated here - offering more recovery speed and strength on turnovers/counters.

So, a better insurance policy, in my view.

Also allows Royal more freedom to push high knowing that side has rapid cover and power, should he get caught short.

Jaffas pace is also a direct, verrticle threat from the centre of the pitch in blazing forward; alarming defences and simple-passing the ball off to our main weapons.

He can drop off when needed and slot in between Cuti and Rodon (who should be our starters, ongoing) and allow both FBs to surge right up (like we used to see in Poch's early years here) and could also allow Cuti license to burst forward when he's in the mood, as he's shown willingness to do on a few occasions, knowing his back is covered.

All-in-all he's a great option in the middle, bringing more scope than skipp.

For me, Tanga's not a natural CB and definitely not a RB... I just don't see it. Just doesn't feel right.

He's got everything to be a great DM and add it to his repertoire... just needs some fine-tuning, which should have begun ages ago imo.

Until Sarr comes we should definitely make use of him there.
I realy can't tell if you're being serious...

You think a centre back, who's been made into a makeshift right back for now, is better than an actual defensive midfield, who has had rave reviews at both youth club and international level?

Skipp already allows Hojbjerg to get forward (see his goal vs Villa), and he is very good at tracking, tackling and passing. Plus, he has the awareness to have the game played infront and behind him.. Something Tanganga hasn't had to do.

Kane scores for Spurs this weekend. But your mortgage on it.
I really hope so, with the amount of crap he’s getting from all the press not to mention some of our own ‘supporters’ it’d be great. We’ve been here before with the ‘one season wonder’ and we know what happens next. Come on Harry!!!

* I know everyone thinks he’s a git for the summer transfer bollocks but a goal scoring Kane is still better for us, ain’t it?

Sexy football DNA upload this weekend.
Master tactical genius General Nuno ready to deliver , ladies favourite EL Supremo Dishy Dan "Tottenham expects every man to do their duty"
Exciting times
COYS

Maybe it's just the footie shows I've been watching, but what the fuck is up with Newcastle being called a "big club" all of a sudden in the media.

What the actual fuck. Is our game really that corrupted to the point where the media arent even blinking an eye at the fact that they've just decided that Newcastle are "super club" worthy.

I fucking hope we smash them. I don't think we will, but Holy fuck I hope every Yid that goes up to Newcastle takes a star of David flag just to fuck with them.

...and as if I needed another fucking reason to hate that city.

The whole "who's a big club" debate is so fucking boring?

Like who honestly gives a fuck and what does it fucking matter! arguing over fanbase size and trophies won in the 70s

As Roy Keane would say "do me a favour"

big club/small club, whatever the only important thing is if you're a winning club.

Some clubs are big and some just have very rich owners.
Man City can win as many trophies as they like, they will never be seen as a bigger club than Man Utd.
It’s just the way it is.
I once asked someone at work who was the bigger club, Everton or Newcastle.
He said Newcastle but the only reason he could give was that they had a 50k ground which wasn’t always full. On that basis Schalke are bigger than Bayern because they have an 80k ground as opposed to 70k.
No doubt it is a pointless argument.

Fuck you Saudi Arabia...
Sounds like a great chant, in my head.

F**k you, Saudi Arabia,
F**k you, Saudi Arabia,
F**k you, Saudi Arabia,
F**k you, Saudi Arabia...

That's verse 1 completed, obviously to the tune of Go West.

Last edited:

I'd loov it, if Kane went there. I'd LOOV it.

giphy.gif

the Argies and Emerson play on fri night/sat morn at like 12:30/1:30am

so they'll get a flight at like 5am to the UK? Sleep on the plane? arrive at hotspur way at like 5pm straight to bed good for a trip to the toon on sunday?

seems madness.

I realy can't tell if you're being serious...

You think a centre back, who's been made into a makeshift right back for now, is better than an actual defensive midfield, who has had rave reviews at both youth club and international level?

Skipp already allows Hojbjerg to get forward (see his goal vs Villa), and he is very good at tracking, tackling and passing. Plus, he has the awareness to have the game played infront and behind him.. Something Tanganga hasn't had to do.
You're having trouble reading - I do not think Jaffa is a natural CB.

He's been reared as one, but it's been in error imo.

I did not say he was a better DM, per se, I said he could offer more robustness and give more scope in various respects, than Skipp (players are different and bring/provide different attributes), not only providing more speed and power in behind Hojbjerg, but giving Royal more confidence in pushing up and hanging deeper.

He can slot in between the CB's in certain situations/phases of the game, when required... where he'd feel relatively at home, in both contexts.

Skipp's tackling, so far this season, overall, has been very hit-n-miss (giving away loads of fks, some in very dangerous areas) and I haven't seen the fluidity and accuracy in the prem, yet, that he was able to generate in the championship.

Also, his speed is average and he fouls a hell of a lot because of it.

For me, the jury is still out on his ability to really cut it in this division in a top 6/7 (aspiring) side (though still a good squad player to have, none-the-less).

Naturally, I hope he does; he's got a nice rhythm to his game, that, when it's running smoothly, creates a nice dynamism in the middle.

Regardless of the opposition, Jaffa's cameo at DM against Marine was the only time I've really felt he was where he should be on the pitch.

Overall, my central point is he should be utilised, along with Skipp, in MF until Sarr comes.

There's nothing outlandish about that concept, especially when you have Winks in the pool, who he plays ahead of every time, for me. Base level.

We should definitely place his attributes there and take a good look.

If it didn't click, then fine. At least we sought a possible solution in a time of restricted options and were resourceful. Something managers very often do, which we've all seen.

Our middle has been fucking shocking this season, and we need to explore solutions until we can properly fix it.

Sarr is a very good step in that direction, but he's not here, yet, innit.

Last edited:
You're having trouble reading - I do not think Jaffa is a natural CB.

He's been reared as one, but it's been in error imo.

I did not say he was a better DM, per se, I said he could offer more robustness and give more scope in various respects, than Skipp (players are different and bring/provide different attributes), not only providing more speed and power in behind Hojbjerg, but giving Royal more confidence in pushing up and hanging deeper.

He can slot in between the CB's in certain situations/phases of the game, when required... where he'd feel relatively at home, in both contexts.

Skipp's tackling, so far this season, overall, has been very hit-n-miss (giving away loads of fks, some in very dangerous areas) and I haven't seen the fluidity and accuracy in the prem, yet, that he was able to generate in the championship.

Also, his speed is average and he fouls a hell of a lot because of it.

For me, the jury is still out on his ability to really cut it in this division in a top 6/7 (aspiring) side (though still a good squad player to have, none-the-less).

Naturally, I hope he does; he's got a nice rhythm to his game, that, when it's running smoothly, creates a nice dynamism in the middle.

Regardless of the opposition, Jaffa's cameo at DM against Marine was the only time I've really felt he was where he should be on the pitch.

Overall, my central point is he should be utilised, along with Skipp, in MF until Sarr comes.

There's nothing outlandish about that concept, especially when you have Winks in the pool, who he plays ahead of every time, for me. Base level.

We should definitely place his attributes there and take a good look.

If it didn't click, then fine. At least we sought a possible solution in a time of restricted options and were resourceful. Something managers very often do, which we've all seen.

Our middle has been fucking shocking this season, and we need to explore solutions until we can properly fix it.

Sarr is a very good step in that direction, but he's not here, yet, innit.
I really don't think Tanganga will be a midfielder.

In all honesty I think he's a defensive full back.
Or a right sided CB in a 3. He still needs more experience playing in these positions before having a go in midfield.

Skipp is decent at what he does. he has given a few fouls, all defensive midfielders do. I don't mind that at least he trying to take responsibility sick of our other midfielders not tracking runners and not putting a foot in when needed

I think Skipp has to start in midfield

Back
Top Bottom