Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who is the big 6?
That's a good question in this context - as if it includes us (which surely it must - who else would it be?) then the stat doesn't make sense - Harry isn't supposed to score goals against us. :/

I believe Messi has scored twice against us - so if you remove Spurs from the counting (which makes sense, as Harry isn't meant to score against us!) then Harry wins 26 to 25. Still very tight, but the original claim is grossly misleading. I could say that Watkins at Villa has scored more goals against us than Harry Kane has - so what? You're not meant to score against yourself.

What a stupid Instagram post. :/

Been out of the mix for much of the last couple of days.......

So.. Kane.... That's all settled now then, yeh?

:mourthumb:

18 hours a day on TFC - true winner

Indeed, if only I could be as cool as the bloke with 53k posts who follows someone round threads in order to make inane comments.

Cartoon Yes GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

I rate him as a world-class goalscorer. At his best capable of 40 goals a season in all comps, which is exceptional. Generally gonna average 20-30 which still puts him in a very high category. Top 5 itw striker generally, but a clear step behind Lewandowski or Benzema at their very best.

At Kane's best he's not behind either really. Lewandowski plays in an average (at best) league and for one of the best few sides in the world. Truly a wonderful player, but Kane's record is almost as good and that's despite playing in a much harder league and with far lesser players. Benzema I've always been a huge fan of, but I don't see him as being on a different level to Harry.

Kane's issue is that you really notice the difference when he's only 70-80% fit, whereas some other players still look almost the same player.

Messi is the best player of all time and over the last decade has played a large number of big European games against the top six, whilst playing for some of the best teams ever. I don't think even the most zealous fan thinks Kane is even 1/10th as good as Lionel .. so the comparison is odd.

That's a good question in this context - as if it includes us (which surely it must - who else would it be?) then the stat doesn't make sense - Harry isn't supposed to score goals against us. :/

I believe Messi has scored twice against us - so if you remove Spurs from the counting (which makes sense, as Harry isn't meant to score against us!) then Harry wins 26 to 25. Still very tight, but the original claim is grossly misleading. I could say that Watkins at Villa has scored more goals against us than Harry Kane has - so what? You're not meant to score against yourself.

What a stupid Instagram post. :/
It's not really a knock on Harry. More highlighting how great Messi is.
He's scored more in about 1/3 the amount of apps.
Pretty insane if you think about it.

Back
Top Bottom