The Mighty Spurs - Gooner Scum - Sunday NLD

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The stadium isn’t the issue. It was the right thing to do - upgrade our home rather than move. And despite certain things I’m not thrilled about, it’s pretty good and will definitely help us long term.

The issue is not capitalising when were a cut above Woolwich, Leicester, Utd, Liverpool etc

It’s like a lot of employers often won’t give people pay rises until they hand in their notice. By that time their heads already gone and it invariably ends up costing more.

I was happy enough with the summer for the simple reason that it felt like it was a step in the direction of a rebuild. If not fully there.

However the depressing thing today was the attitude of those who I would normally hold in high regard.

Had to record the match due to work, brother...

Just a tip, brother :pochunimpressed:

bird delete this GIF by Skab

It really is a wonderful multi sports and entertainment venue that also happens to host soccer matches.
Not a football stadium that also hosts multiple sports and entertainment events.

That's the sad reality. That's why we're now a minor irrelevance to ENIC
Imagine if they concentrated on the football side…..
57-AF0606-BCDE-4727-8-B32-E4-DC6-FE89653.gif

Don’t think he said that tbh. He said the plan he devised for this game he didn’t pick the right players to carry it out. Not sure what the plan was but whatever it was he selected the wrong players to carry it.
That is a worry. He’s coaching these players every single day. Any plan he devises, he should be able to coach these players into playing. This ain’t NFL with special teams.

The sad, pathetic predictability about our club is the 21 fucking years of owners who refuse to take the smallest financial risk investing our football team.
We have absolutely nothing to be excited about going forward.
They have murdered the soul of our club.

I.dont agree entirely on that.

Sessegnon- disaster and once again the now gone Sammyspurs got me here. I thought he would be excellent. Invisible.

Ndombele- less said the better.

Lo Celso - as above but for different reasons. Arguably done less but with more effort.

Big contract extension to what were comsidered to be key players.

One summer where I absolutely agree with you but outside of that, not so sure.

In essence we could have bought stronger competition for starting places but not necessarily better players.

I get the desire to lay the blame on Levy/ENIC but our BIGGEST failure was not winning when we were really very good.

The biggest flaw in your Spurs arguments is that you fail to understand or recognise the impact of not being winners.

Winning is simply the thing that makes the second biggest difference, outside of a Billionaire who will spend HUGE amounts or a manager like Klopp.

Last edited:
The sad, pathetic predictability about our club is the 21 fucking years of owners who refuse to take the smallest financial risk investing our football team.
We have absolutely nothing to be excited about going forward.
They have murdered the soul of our club.

Come come now JT. Bit am dram. At the very worst they've just returned the soul of the club back to the decades of catatonic ennui it was in before they arrived, via a couple of thrills and spills and some marvellous sausage rolls.

GlastonSpur GlastonSpur , you recently claimed our fans were entitled. You also accused us of demanding instant success.

On the back of getting bummed in 3 consecutive matches. And humiliated in 3 successive London Derbies for the first time in living memory, would you like to withdraw those patronising comments and apologise to our long suffering, success starved supporters?

Back
Top Bottom