Jimmy Greaves

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Whilst hearing of a death is never nice, this news came with a sense of relief.

He was living no life at the end.

But what a life he did live.

Doesn't get mentioned anywhere near enough in the ''GOAT'' conversation.

He could do things Cristiano Ronaldo for example couldn't and that much is clear simply from highlights.

Whilst hearing of a death is never nice, this news came with a sense of relief.

He was living no life at the end.

But what a life he did live.

Doesn't get mentioned anywhere near enough in the ''GOAT'' conversation.

He could do things Cristiano Ronaldo for example couldn't and that much is clear simply from highlights.
Like acting like a decent humble human being, in touch with reality and devoid of narcissism?

and making scoring goals look like a stroll in the park

when you watch the videos, look how he celebrates, and compare with Ronaldo's

Unimpressed when Kane used his appearance on TV before today's game, in theory to say something about Jim, to say how he hopes to beat Greavsie's record. Inappropriate and naive. I'm probably being too touchy, but there you go.

I didn't see that......

FFS; kids today. :avbhumph:

Needs a stand named after him at the very least.

A genuine galactico. Easily one of the greatest.

Definitely, someone suggested a statue of Greaves outside the ground, i wouldn't mind that either.

Fully agree and this is an ENIC football stress test for me, with us being anchor tenants and all! How comfortable are they given all the other events they hold with statues outside the ground?

Dunno how true it is, but Andy Golstein said when discussing this on TS tonight, that Spurs have a "no statues" policy...... I got the impression that this pre-dates the new stadium.

Anyone know if true and if so why...?

Dunno how true it is, but Andy Golstein said when discussing this on TS tonight, that Spurs have a "no statues" policy...... I got the impression that this pre-dates the new stadium.

Anyone know if true and if so why...?
What the f88k is a 'no statues' policy? They need to replace it with a 'get some f88king good players in' policy.

What the f88k is a 'no statues' policy? They need to replace it with a 'get some f88king good players in' policy.
...oh, and while you're at it, ERECT A BLOODY STATUE TO GREAVSIE, you soppy, self-indulgent, self-important, weasely, penny-pinching, greedy, selfish, myopic, four-eyed, flatfooted, cockspangling, wankwombling, joke-of-a c88ts.

...AND MAKE IT A GOOD ONE, FFS, where he's swerving and got the ball at his feet, you bastards. I'll do it for free, you c88ts....Just dm me.

"No Statues Policy"

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom