Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree, decent fella but he could hardly muster a jog last season - couple that with the complete lack of football flair and basic skill required to be a pro, means I will arrange a party to toast his exit this weekend. Packets on me, au revoir merde you happy useless oaf

Did you watch that video THFC posted on his leaving?
Some of the shit he did was full on Ronaldinho. The one away to City in the league in the green kit, when he nutmegged one player, then rolled around another was pure skill.

Did you watch that video THFC posted on his leaving?
Some of the shit he did was full on Ronaldinho. The one away to City in the league in the green kit, when he nutmegged one player, then rolled around another was pure skill.
No. I’ve seen him play c.100 games unfortunately, I don’t need any further reminders of the man.

Two that I would have liked in the window were Lingard and Ings.

I can see the logic of not getting Ings ... a 29 year old to sit on the bench most of the time. Not sure if we ever asked about Lingard, maybe United wouldn't sell to us, maybe we thought 28 was a bit too old and he plays in basically the same position as Son. According to the media though (for what that is worth) they would have let him go to West Ham, but West Ham pulled out of the talks.

With them we could have sat Son and Kane in the European thing and in domestic cups and still be confident of getting results.
There’s obviously a plan to get drastically younger so I don’t think they were ever a serious option. Adama aside, I’m a huge supporter of the profile of players we were after.

The levy lovers will do a 180 on their opinion to match supporting him. Jose a toxic dinosaur, levy appoints him, serial winner!
We could have just had a clear out & the levy fans would have said great window.

A significant number of people here said throughout the window that "the most important thing this summer is to shift the deadwood... Give them away for free if necessary!"; many of which have no love for Levy.

Talking bollocks as usual, Mr Fluffy.

Does anyone know where to find a list of 'transfer spending' + 'profits from sales' by English clubs? I heard on the radio last night that, despite buying Lukaku, Chelsea have ended up in overal profit for this window. For example, I know Woolwich spent more than anyone else, but I'd like to know how much they recouped in sales too.

:tanguythumb:

This might help

Transfermarkt will have lists of all incomings and outgoings. I know that it's essentially a hobby for someone (or at least was set up as such) but seems as reliable a source as any other.

EDIT - I see BC beat me to it.
Thanks everyone. This table is pretty much what I was looking for (10 players in, 15 out):

...and this one, that puts names to our numbers:

It's nice to see an overview of who's left and who's arrived, all in one (or two) places.

Or Son. We really don’t have a back up #9 to hold the ball up though…. Son and Scarlett are fairly lightweight and look to spin in rather than hold and build
Yeah, it's why they need an ATM up there to do the ball holding with the option of slipping a forward ball to Scarlett or waiting for runners.

I'm supposing Son/Kane were unavailable.

Last edited:
This season should be more about development of players than chasing pure results I feel. I think Spurs fans have to accept that the cumulative effects disastrous decisions made over the past 3 years have sent us right back to 2014-15.

At least we can turn our focus to the next match. Not like there’s a dead zone for the next couple of weeks where we’ll dwell on every little thing….

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom