Wolves (A) 2pm - The Nuno derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It wasn't a smash and grab, but the lack of ball progression was concerning. Way too much hoof-ball.

Wolves were riding their home support like we did last week, but hopefully Nuno tweaks the lineup against Watford. I don't think this lineup played well enough for 2/3rds of the match to warrant running it out again.
If Kane stays we need him as #8 or 10 as much as Airfixx Airfixx disagrees

Yea

yes true however Nuno has not helped by not giving him any minutes in pre season or in the conf league game. His completely discarded him. We have told sissoko can leave yet his been on the bench?
I think Ndombele informed the club he wanted to leave before Nuno took over and hasnt changed his mind since. Remember he wanted to leave last summer too

Wolves carved our defense, in MF and the backline, apart.

Glad to get the 3 points but I do not get all the comments about how our defense looked solid. It was a terrible defensive performance.
Mean Girls Shut Up GIF

Folks saw 'green shoots' in the early Mou days as well...because we were getting the points. We stopped getting the points and then all they were left with was the underlying performances. Big mental fall for some.
Skipp and Dele biggest culprits why we were getting overrun in midfield, neither are press resistent nor brave enough to show up for the ball.

We got lucky today and last week City were still on pre season mode. If the Budget Dinosaur thinks he will continue to get away with the midfield trio of Skipp, Højbjerg and Dele he's in for a huge surprise, a well drilled quality side like Liverpool could batter this team 7-0.

Last edited:
If Kane stays we need him as #8 or 10 as much as Airfixx Airfixx disagrees

We need more quality in central midfield that’s for sure. We don’t have anyone in there who is a good passer or can progress the ball up the field. Sell ndombele, winks, sissoko and GLC and replace them with one of those and another attacking midfielder and we’d be a much better team and squad.

There were a lot of runners free in the box that we were lucky Traore couldn't hit with a pass. Too many free chances that Wolves flubbed for me to see a lot of quality in our defensive set up and play.

I think the ability to control the ball in the midfield to take off some of the pressure would help but we have no ability to do that at all.

Yup after 180 minutes with no goals conceded and Hugo only making a couple of top saves - you clearly know what you're talking about.

Back
Top Bottom