Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Da remix!

Kane, Tottenham resist offers

Although Kane has expressed the desire to change the air, Tottenham does not contemplate the sale: they want me to respect the contract

Harry Kane sought the break in the most explicit way possible: by not showing up for training, he made it clear to Tottenham that his goal is to change the air.

On the other hand, however, the English team did not accept the position taken by their striker. In fact, Tottenham's will is not to sell it.

In the last few hours, the company has remained firm on a very clear position: Kane will respect the contract, due to expire in 2024.

At the basis of this thought, among other things, the desire to avoid that one's champion can end up from a direct opponent in the league, such as Manchester City (which in the meantime has bought Grealish).

Tottenham, therefore, is serious, even in the face of the sirens of very tempting offers. At the moment, the rigidity of the club makes it very difficult to sell Kane.

Da remix!

Kane, Tottenham resist offers

Although Kane has expressed the desire to change the air, Tottenham does not contemplate the sale: they want me to respect the contract

Harry Kane sought the break in the most explicit way possible: by not showing up for training, he made it clear to Tottenham that his goal is to change the air.

On the other hand, however, the English team did not accept the position taken by their striker. In fact, Tottenham's will is not to sell it.

In the last few hours, the company has remained firm on a very clear position: Kane will respect the contract, due to expire in 2024.

At the basis of this thought, among other things, the desire to avoid that one's champion can end up from a direct opponent in the league, such as Manchester City (which in the meantime has bought Grealish).

Tottenham, therefore, is serious, even in the face of the sirens of very tempting offers. At the moment, the rigidity of the club makes it very difficult to sell Kane.

Probably a bad translation.... Kane's camp haven't spoken have they?

PLOT TWIST!

Capture.jpg

662f5-16280141509634-800.jpg

NINTCHDBPICT000449904254.jpg

Yeh I had heard that but didn’t know if it was true or not so basically can’t even do a Webster till next year at the earliest. Funny how the Sun didn’t pick up on this when they brought up Kane leaving on a Webster.
It was posted earlier (admittedly I forgot it during my back and forths) but not sure it was the Sun's article. But this deal is and was probably done at the very least in principle at that time so no need.

Which is exactly why he is doing what he is doing. He is deliberately upsetting the fans, Nuno, and his team mates so Levy has no choice but to sell him at a discount to the oil cunts.

The media have been shitting on him for years and it hasn't bothered him. The lifelongtm city fans will welcome him with open arms as nothing is beneath them in regards to how they are perceived.
He signed a new contract for 6 - YES SIX years at 25 years of age in 2018. He should have been commanding an even bigger transfer fee then than he is reputed to be worth now and that was the time to leave. Instead he has insulted his teammates by saying he wants to leave now to win things when in actual fact (per Sky Sports News) he has played in 4 recent Cup Finals, appeared for all 390 minutes including ET at Euros, scored no goals provided no assists and had 4 shots. If it wasn't his Club. and teammates how the hell did he even get to the finals. These statements of "I want to win things" amount to extreme arrogance and really means "I'm too good for this club and my teammates aren't good enough to help me achieve my ambitions".

On the subject of his transfer both he and Levy need to get real. For both of them this has to be the worst summer in history to lock horns and make demands.

Kane's now 28 with 2-3 years left, the post-covid financial impacts mean (with one or two exceptions) transfer prices are falling and younger men coming through mean that this has to be the worst window ever for Kane to look for a move and to go on strike. And that is exactly what he is doing. He has been paid to perform a role and he has withdrawn his labour.

As for Levy demanding top dollar, the same post-covid impacts mean Harry Kane has been devalued. In the current climate Clubs will only invest a £100m+ fee on a younger longer-term prospect player eg Grealish. If Levy is not careful he will have no choice but to sell Kane next summer but at a further reduced price for a 29 year old especially as Man City will be eyeing up Haaland (or similar) by then.

They both need to get their heads together, stop posturing behind their respective reputations, accept that neither of them are all they're cracked up to be and put this situation behind them.

Such a karmically beautiful thing is just what the world needs. I think I'd split something laughing they'd have lead him right up the garden path.

Considering how under-respected and strangely hated he's been over the years; most of football would be left laughing their ass off at him.

Genuine question:

Would people welcome him back if he came back and apologized publicly? I would. To be fair, at the end of the day, he's still Harry Kane. If he were to change his mind and commit 110% to Tottenham Hotspur Football Club, I wouldn't have any issue with him staying.

really means "I'm too good for this club and my teammates aren't good enough to help me achieve my ambitions".

He probably just knows that he needs to be carried to win anything now.

Can cheer from the bench while Messi secures City a bunch of big cup final performances.

Still think we should keep him. Don’t get me wrong, I’m royally fucked off with Harry and feel he has really taken the piss out of us supporters who have adored him, but football is a very fickle game and as quickly as we have turned, we can love again if he starts banging them in.

The reason I’m so for keeping him is the principle. I’m fed up of being the Cherry pickers dream for these cunt clubs like City, United etc. Why should we allow them to tap up and unsettle our star players ? Would City be doing this to Mo Salah ? I don’t think so.

The problem is, we let Harry go now for whatever money, who’s to say in 6 years time we get the same thing happening to Dane Scarlett ? A never ending cycle of us selling off our best assets to “bigger clubs”.

For me it’s time to nip this in the bud and stop getting bullied by players and the clubs wanting to weaken us. I don’t want to strengthen those cunts City. Harry Kane can apologise and grovel with whatever statement he comes out with, but I want us to categorically tell City he isn’t for sale, fuck em!!!

Genuine question:

Would people welcome him back if he came back and apologized publicly? I would. To be fair, at the end of the day, he's still Harry Kane. If he were to change his mind and commit 110% to Tottenham Hotspur Football Club, I wouldn't have any issue with him staying.
I wouldn't. He's burnt his bridges here as far as i'm concerned. He's made it abundantly clear he doesn't want to play for us. If he stays it's only because nobody was willing to buy him and pay the fee we want.

If i see him running around, badge-kissing it will just aggravate me.

Genuine question:

No doubt and all Spurs fans would too

I wouldn't. He's burnt his bridges here as far as i'm concerned. He's made it abundantly clear he doesn't want to play for us. If he stays it's only because nobody was willing to buy him and pay the fee we want.

Probably fake injuries etc… I can’t believe what’s happened he was the hero

I mean, Ramos did it in 2015, Rooney did it in 2010, and even Gerrard tried to force a move to Chelsea. They're still beloved at their clubs. If he told Charlie specifically to fuck off, I'd have no problem with him staying.

Back
Top Bottom