Nuno Espírito Santo

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nuno

• Total voters

So, so, so glad that fucking dinosaur is no longer at the club. The same exact thing happened at Utd. I don't rate OGS as a coach but he got them playing better than Jose and matched what the dinosaur claimed was his greatest ever managerial achievement (2nd with Utd). How did he achieve this, he got them fitter and able to compete in matches.

The beauty of this of course is that, despite Utd being 'better off; Ole still can't get a trophy over the line. :tanguythumb:

The beauty of this of course is that, despite Utd being 'better off; Ole still can't get a trophy over the line. :tanguythumb:
That's because he's not a very good manager and trophies are one-off games. There is also still the issue that his squad of players available to him, that's those that can kick a football and run for 90mins, is small as the dinosaur bought in old carthorses on big money that they can't play and can't sell. It meant that Man U struggled to close out the season as OGS couldn't rotate (or should have rotated but because he's crap didn't).

However, you want to cut it they played much better football under him, their fans are happier as a result of this. Those that know their managers don't want him as there are much better available than him. But to give OGS some credit and also Man U too, they are building a much better profile of squad under him than under the dinosaur. It's younger, it's fitter, it has an English core of players that fans will enjoy watching playing a more attacking, all be it a bit basic and direct (lacking in tactical flexibility which is because of OGS) but they will 100% be in the mix for top 4 next season and as a consequence be repeating what they did last season by running deep into all comps.

I dunno the vibes i'm getting are that Nuno is here because he's willing to work with the deadwood. Other managerial options would have been less likely to do so. The big transfer decision will be Kane in/out which will dictate a few other deals i'd guess.

I don't expect as many changes as some do which points to another season similar to the last two. More Winks and Sissoko which means another wasted year.
I'm not so sure about that.

So, so, so glad that fucking dinosaur is no longer at the club. The same exact thing happened at Utd. I don't rate OGS as a coach but he got them playing better than Jose and matched what the dinosaur claimed was his greatest ever managerial achievement (2nd with Utd). How did he achieve this, he got them fitter and able to compete in matches.

As I will always claim, Mason (a 29yr old rookie, with zero managerial experience) would have had Spurs finish in the top 4 last year because at the very least they would have been in the condition to compete for 90mins.

Oh for fuck sake, you are really getting old with this.

Mou has gone. Get over it. There is more in this world. Move on.

Between when Mou left and end of this season, ManU has shipped out enormous amount of money and signed players like Maguire, Wan-Bissaka, Bruno, Cavani.

OBVIOUSLY this has had an effect on the club position and standing. So no, OGS did not improve the team just by better fitness regime. Out of those 4 all but Cavani are part of the backbone of ManU team.

In terms of Nuno... well, quite clearly not my 1st pick.

But some of the critique here wants to make my head explode. Like... how is Nuno "Mou lite"?!?Mou is extremely experienced manager who has won shitload of trophies, though his last gigs have not quite worked out.

Nuno is much less experienced, won nothing and came to us from his most successful gig up to now.
He is way more of a "Poch lite" than "Mou lite" considering this.
Or is just the fact that he is from same nation as Mou enough to label him as new Mou?

But from another point of view I started to think that his preferred 5-man-defense system is clearly something that our roaster is better for.
- we have Reggie and Sess for LWB position - both better being attacking minded than defensively
- we have Doherty that worked well in his own system as RWB
- we have players such as Tanganga and Davies who could play as part of 3CB system, but not as 2CB system

So, now let's cash in on Aurier, hopefully Sanchez and if Toby wants to go then him as well. Let's bring in Coady, Skriniar and maybe one hopeful and more risky CB and there is some potential right here....

I don't know. I just hope he does well and exceeds the expectations.

But some of the critique here wants to make my head explode. Like... how is Nuno "Mou lite"?!?Mou is extremely experienced manager who has won shitload of trophies, though his last gigs have not quite worked out.

Nuno is much less experienced, won nothing and came to us from his most successful gig up to now.
Or is just the fact that he is from same nation as Mou enough to label him as new Mou?

But from another point of view I started to think that his preferred 5-man-defense system is clearly something that our roaster is better for.
- we have Reggie and Sess for LWB position - both better being attacking minded than defensively
- we have players such as Tanganga and Davies who could play as part of 3CB system, but not as 2CB system

So, now let's cash in on Aurier, hopefully Sanchez and if Toby wants to go then him as well. Let's bring in Coady, Skriniar and maybe one hopeful and more risky CB and there is some potential right here....

When people say Mou-lite they mean boring defensive football without the trophies to justify it.

Most of those spouting that shite are just bandwagon jumping cunts. They'll soon quieten down once the season starts....unless he does actually turn out to be "Mou lite"...

I think, even most of us disappointed with the Nuno appointment, will give him a chance. And if he isn't given better players to work with (and I really mean defenders) then he is fucked from the off, and that's on Levy.
Let's face it, Levy will get the blame if the tea lady makes her tea too weak....

As I will always claim, Mason (a 29yr old rookie, with zero managerial experience) would have had Spurs finish in the top 4 last year because at the very least they would have been in the condition to compete for 90mins.

The last paragraph I disagree with totally and you have no evidence to support the claim either.

Against teams that press Mason was exposed horribly. Leeds, Villa, United....we were outplayed and the performances in all those games were embarrassing.

The last paragraph I disagree with totally and you have no evidence to support the claim either.

Against teams that press Mason was exposed horribly. Leeds, Villa, United....we were outplayed and the performances in all those games were embarrassing.
We never could manage pressing teams, even Pochettino couldn't solve that.

We never could manage pressing teams, even Pochettino couldn't solve that.
that's not true as well imo.
we outran and out pressed every team for 3 seasons. Teams didn't even try and play that way with us because they knew it was a losing battle so they would sit deep and hope for the best which rarely worked.

Oh for fuck sake, you are really getting old with this.

Mou has gone. Get over it. There is more in this world. Move on.

Between when Mou left and end of this season, ManU has shipped out enormous amount of money and signed players like Maguire, Wan-Bissaka, Bruno, Cavani.

OBVIOUSLY this has had an effect on the club position and standing. So no, OGS did not improve the team just by better fitness regime. Out of those 4 all but Cavani are part of the backbone of ManU team.
The dinosaur left THREE seasons ago mate!! Of course, they've added players and those players have been way, way better than the players the dinosaur signed during his time.

It's not about "moving on" I was counting the days the day he was appointed, so trust me I'm way ahead of you on getting past the dinosaur!

It's about drawing parallels to us, WHICH MAKES IT ENTIRELY RELEVANT.
a) He cunted off their players
b) He bough shit players
c) he played shit football
d) Players didn't do fitness training (worse at Man U because he got rid of the sports science dept, he thankfully didn't do that here)
e) Fan's joined in with the finger-pointing and cunted off their own players
f) Fans thought their entire squad was shit and should be sold off as deadwood.

This is important to see exactly the same happening here. We will recover from the damage he did but I hope we can do it in a shorter timeframe than the OGS. THIS is the only reason why I'm bringing it up because I log in here almost every day and all I see is post after post of fans still cunting off players when it was the dinosaur totally responsible.

that's not true as well imo.
we outran and out pressed every team for 3 seasons. Teams didn't even try and play that way with us because they knew it was a losing battle so they would sit deep and hope for the best which rarely worked.
I seem to remember a few European teams undoing us with their press a few times...

Back
Top Bottom