Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
How do you know that for a fact?
Press conferences after games against English sides he has needed an interpreter. Can't find him offering even one word in English which is strange because even those who struggle with the language try a little bit but with this guy there is nada.

Do you know anything from out there in Spain?

A bit off topic but Harry Kane looks completely fucked both physically and mentally.
This is said at every tournament he has ever been involved in right back to the under 21 Euros in 2015. When he doesn't score everyone throws this at him. However England trying to attack looks very laboured, fuck knows what they do in training

Anyway as this is the new manager thread maybe Harry is drained like we are by the week gone by where we went from Fonseca to Gattuso and back to square one in our manager search. Shambles

892 pages in and we're no closer to appointing than we were the day after sacking Jose. We've even mugged off the only guy who seemed up for managing us with a limited transfer budget. I'm not even a Levy out kinda person but even I'm reaching my limits. Who is even still left?

On the bright side if we resort to Scott Parker at least he has magnificent hair, although that'll just wind Levy up.

I don't give a damn if Valverde does not speak English. Give him an interpreter and let him learn the language.

He's a really good coach. You can look past the language barrier. A lot of our squad speaks or understand Spanish either way.

What staff would they have furloughed ? That question has always troubled me.

For example the security, stewards and catering staff are not employees of the club. They are all contractors. The contractors would have been forced to scale back their staff immediately, it’s the FM contractors who would claim furlough and not THFC. The contractors also claimed contractor relief, so what did it cost THFC ? So where does THFC as an employer fit it ? The actual headcount of staff on the books is highly questionable for the £150m furlough. I guess their core contracts still needed to be paid, but there is no way they have an input based spec that drives headcount.

I don’t think that they had to payback TV companies as ultimately all fixtures were played. If they then opted to broadcast all games without being paid I would be shocked by that. I mean why give your product away free to scum like Comcast or platforms like Amazon that are among the biggest revenue generators in the world.

So if we then assume that the stadium revenues was around £2m per match ( reasonable allowing for staffing, police and on costs ? ) that’s maybe £2m x 30 games - £60m. Taxed applied, that’s how much ?

look I don’t know, but I am questioning the £200m and why it’s affected us so much v other clubs. I mean Levy had stated on public record that we were worse hit than Brighton as an example, that makes zero sense when their commercial revenue is smaller and therefore the match day revenue hit higher.
Levy stuffed up. As I understand he was underinsured. The club didn't have adequate insurance for something like COVID. Drive a Bentley but don't take out comprehensive insurance.

I'd love Valverde here as well. Extremely underrated at Barca (bit like Gattuso, but he had other issues not related to football). When Messi advocates for you, and almost quits the club because you got the sack, then you know your worth. Doesn't play the most breath-taking football in the world, but is very good at making the most of what he's got.

This is going to sound awful but I get the feeling a lot of people used his past comments as a way to try and make sure he didn’t get appointed when in reality the main thing that worried them is his coaching record, I think if it was someone people rated as a manager many would have swept it under the carpet (not saying that’s right).

Personally I have little knowledge of his managerial record; I just believe him to be a low quality and combustible individual.

The reality is after the complete clusterfuck Levy & Paratici have made of the next head coach search, flirting here, lowballing there, issuing contracts & backing out when their eyes are attracted elsewhere, watching supinely as super agents promote their clients through the media, no serious coach is going to trust a word our "Top Team" say.

If we end up with a coach with the experience & tactical nous of Valverde or ten Haag, we will be very lucky.

But that new head coach will have zero respect for those they report to, namely Levy & Paratici.

And if the rumours are true that Levy has fucked up the departure of Sissoko to Napoli through his usual lowballing bollocks, then we are heading for another season of under-achieving mediocrity.

Last edited:
I
Whoever it is , we’ll be looking for a new manager in 18-24 months time anyway .

Shambles
We'll sack whoever we get by October/November. This year.

I just do not want to see any more made up stories that Manager X has been appointed. Clearly they were all wrong and the so called ITK should slide away in shame. Next time I want no indication anyone is favourite until the official announcement. About as much chance of that happening as us winning the league.

It's actually made me more interested in what the so called ITKs say and how the moronic followers say and how they react now.

Levy stuffed up. As I understand he was underinsured. The club didn't have adequate insurance for something like COVID. Drive a Bentley but don't take out comprehensive insurance.

I work in insurance dealing with covid claims all over the world. Barely anyone is covered for it. Almost any insurance policy excludes any event even remotely likely to cause a loss of income unless there is physical damage to the insured property. I doubt Spurs were any less covered than any other Premier league team.

The journalists all knew about the DOF long before he was announced?

Levy isn't the one leaking the information and his little video of him claiming that "we haven't even spoke to these managers" is bullshit to cover up for his complete ineptitude and the fact that nobody decent wants to work under his conditions.
That is true, although with the scattergun guessing going on now, the cynic could argue they would get it right eventually.

Whoever is leaking it (if it is all true), is extremely close to Levy and/or Patrici to have even a sniff of knowing this in which case it should be easy to work out who it is and it shut down.

Which kind of makes me think they either want this info to be leaked (but that seems extremely unlikely considering how incompetent it is making them look) or it is very good educated guesswork.

To be honest I don't know. I'm fucked off with the way our club is making us fans look and feel like mugs, fucked off by the journalists linking anyone and everyone (some probably true and some probably not) and I'm fucked off that we will never know what the truth is/was.

That is true, although with the scattergun guessing going on now, the cynic could argue they would get it right eventually.

Whoever is leaking it (if it is all true), is extremely close to Levy and/or Patrici to have even a sniff of knowing this in which case it should be easy to work out who it is and it shut down.

Which kind of makes me think they either want this info to be leaked (but that seems extremely unlikely considering how incompetent it is making them look) or it is very good educated guesswork.

To be honest I don't know. I'm fucked off with the way our club is making us fans look and feel like mugs, fucked off by the journalists linking anyone and everyone (some probably true and some probably not) and I'm fucked off that we will never know what the truth is/was.

It's Paratici..... This is what the Italian media circus is like and why Italy always seems like a basket-case league.

Back
Top Bottom