The Trust have called for the board to resign.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No.

So you agree that we would of got him if villa hadn't had the offer of new owners.
See, we got there in the end.
It's really not that hard and the world hasn't ended.

Have you found those qoutes yet?
We got nowhere mate.

You agree that Daniel Levy's lowballing fuckery cost Pochettino his very realistic transfer target.

But at the same time apportion blame on our disgraceful transfer window cop outs on Pochettinos unrealistic transfer targets!???

It's pathetic and embarrassing. I'm really not enjoying this exposure in the slightest.

Have you found those qoutes yet?
You mean the quotes where our owners said they have little interest in football but saw it as under exploited and the biggest money spinner?

I posted them yesterday mate

:adethumbup:

But typically, you decided to twist the words to your own translation

You mean the quotes where our owners said they have little interest in football but saw it as under exploited and the biggest money spinner?

I posted them yesterday mate

:adethumbup:

But typically, you decided to twist the words to your own translation
Once again.

No you did not.
You posted an extract from a book, where someone else said that they had no interest in football.

If I'm wrong, repost it, and highlight the bit where Levy says that they have no interest in football.
Or, if you are unable to highlight it, then you can type out Levy's exact words on the issue, with the link.

I can't twist words that don't exist.

We got nowhere mate.

You agree that Daniel Levy's lowballing fuckery cost Pochettino his very realistic transfer target.

But at the same time apportion blame on our disgraceful transfer window cop outs on Pochettinos unrealistic transfer targets!???

It's pathetic and embarrassing. I'm really not enjoying this exposure in the slightest.
And you agree that the conditions of villa's new owners also prevented us from signing grealish.

I'm enjoying exposing you very much.

The Dippers do it right.
Identify what they need and go and get them.
Fair enough, they sell top players to get in top players in different positions, but I'm ok with that.

Our net spend over the last 5 years is higher than there's but I think net spend is bollocks.
Nobody can tell me we've bought better than them.
This is the crux. Our recruitment is shit, not our business strategy. Philosophically, Spurs are run the way a football club should be run (a few wobbles aside, like the barren windows and negotiating ourselves out of several transfers). I don't believe, at all, that we should emulate the spend, spend, spend cunts that have ruined the sport - if it means we don't win, ok. Like with the ESL, better to be left behind than be part of the problem.

Where we've missed out, in general, is we've bought Sissokos instead of Manes. We've spent roughly enough on this iteration of the squad that we should have been more competitive...but we've identified the wrong players, failed develop them, and not capitalized on the momentum we once had.

Levy's biggest failing, to me, will always be his inability to find someone as good at football as he is at business to entrust with the sporting side of things. I don't blame him for not being a reckless bastard with the club's finances, and given our success rate recently its probably better for us that he hasn't spent more.

Bring in a DoF and focus on finding a blue shirt sponsor, Dan.

I'll also point out that in the span of 4 years they sold Suarez, Sterling, and Coutinho - breaking up the stars of a perennially underachieving and trophyless squad and rebuilding a much more consistently winning squad.

Something we've not shown the courage to do since we flopped spending the Modric/Bale proceeds.

I'll also point out that in the span of 4 years they sold Suarez, Sterling, and Coutinho - breaking up the stars of a perennially underachieving and trophyless squad and rebuilding a much more consistently winning squad.

Something we've not shown the courage to do since we flopped spending the Modric/Bale proceeds.
That's one of my biggest gripes.

We sell Bale for mega money and we buy 7 "possibles" rather than 2 or 3 definites.

It's the same with the @ £100m a year we have spent over the last 6 years.
We buy lots of maybes instead of 1 or 2 ready mades every year.

Jose gets a bit of a pass on that as we had an unbalanced squad and no cover in a good few positions.

I'm not sure that's a true reflection.
I can't remember exactly but didn't at least one of them get poached by other clubs for doing a good job at Spurs?
Chelsea springs to mind, but as I say, I'm not sure.
Yeah that was Arnesen. But the whole thing was a cock-up.

Levy's obsession as he studied the football landscape after buying the club was the Lyon project of the 2000's. It still is really, he's a Jean-Michel Aulas fangirl to this day. By either developing or stealing the best young talent in the French league and then selling on when their value was at its peak under a stable management structure wherein the manager was replaceable, Lyon totally conquered French football as a club with lesser resources than its bigger city rivals. Jacques Santini was the technical director and later manager who built that juggernaut.

Levy was going to be Aulas, Arnesen was going to be Santini, and Santini was going to be the replaceable head coach, Paul Le Guen, Gerard Houllier, whoever.

See the problem?

Santini realized he'd signed up for the wrong job almost immediately. He was a patsy in this scheme, it was always going to be Arnesen ruling the roost and then his compatriot Jol coaching the team.

And that could have worked really, Arnesen the DoF overlord, Jol the head coach to move on as soon as he got too desirous of money and promises and control. Both were suited for those parts. But alas Abramovich saw the value in Arnesen as well and poached him away. C'est la vie, but that then left Levy with the competent and popular Jol as the replaceable manager suddenly acquiring the dreaded Dinosaur English Manager Role in an organizational vacuum. The horror!

Damien Comolli was brought in as the new DoF having succeeded in a similar role at Woolwich, qualified enough for it, but of course the problem immediately became Jol, who wasn't Comolli's guy. Enter the shambolic Levy/Comolli romance of Juande Ramos, and the rest is history.

Maybe that could have worked too, but it was a total disaster, and Levy in a fit of Little Englishness tossed the lot of them out the door for 'Arry.

It's just a constant cycle. He never creates a coherent, stable structure with clear lines of reporting. It's always Game of Thrones.

Lowballing is what he is known for, & to be fair, he seems proud of it.
Yeah, and it used to work. But not anymore. I highly doubt players will be itching to come to us at this rate. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if agents put their clients off of a move to Spurs just so they don't have to deal with Levy.

Yeah that was Arnesen. But the whole thing was a cock-up.

Levy's obsession as he studied the football landscape after buying the club was the Lyon project of the 2000's. It still is really, he's a Jean-Michel Aulas fangirl to this day. By either developing or stealing the best young talent in the French league and then selling on when their value was at its peak under a stable management structure wherein the manager was replaceable, Lyon totally conquered French football as a club with lesser resources than its bigger city rivals. Jacques Santini was the technical director and later manager who built that juggernaut.

Levy was going to be Aulas, Arnesen was going to be Santini, and Santini was going to be the replaceable head coach, Paul Le Guen, Gerard Houllier, whoever.

See the problem?

Santini realized he'd signed up for the wrong job almost immediately. He was a patsy in this scheme, it was always going to be Arnesen ruling the roost and then his compatriot Jol coaching the team.

And that could have worked really, Arnesen the DoF overlord, Jol the head coach to move on as soon as he got too desirous of money and promises and control. Both were suited for those parts. But alas Abramovich saw the value in Arnesen as well and poached him away. C'est la vie, but that then left Levy with the competent and popular Jol as the replaceable manager suddenly acquiring the dreaded Dinosaur English Manager Role in an organizational vacuum. The horror!

Damien Comolli was brought in as the new DoF having succeeded in a similar role at Woolwich, qualified enough for it, but of course the problem immediately became Jol, who wasn't Comolli's guy. Enter the shambolic Levy/Comolli romance of Juande Ramos, and the rest is history.

Maybe that could have worked too, but it was a total disaster, and Levy in a fit of Little Englishness tossed the lot of them out the door for 'Arry.

It's just a constant cycle. He never creates a coherent, stable structure with clear lines of reporting. It's always Game of Thrones.
Very impressive.

I bow to your superior knowledge on this.
:mourthumb:

John Thomas John Thomas stevee stevee

bitcoin cryptocurrency GIF

It's all good mate.

We both know each other well enough by now, not to get upset with each other.
Neither of us take our banter seriously or personally.

At least I hope not.
:sonhmm:
Lol, I don't care. I just like being entertained and I would pay to watch you two drunkenly debate in a pub when all this is over.

It's all good mate.

We both know each other well enough by now, not to get upset with each other.
Neither of us take our banter seriously or personally.

At least I hope not.
:sonhmm:
Definitely not personally mate

:dierpochhug:

And fair play. You're a stubborn fucker. I'll give you that.

Very impressive.

I bow to your superior knowledge on this.
:mourthumb:
Whereas the Chelsea managerial merry-go-round is quite a boring tale of Abramovich being an impatient spoiled baby, the history of Spurs football leadership under ENIC is truly the stuff of Le Carre or something.

Anyway, there's a great chapter on that whole Lyon thing in "Soccernomics" by Simon Kuper and Stefan Szymanski. Highly recommended book.

Whereas the Chelsea managerial merry-go-round is quite a boring tale of Abramovich being an impatient spoiled baby, the history of Spurs football leadership under ENIC is truly the stuff of Le Carre or something.
Chelsea sack their manager when they don't win things, We sack our manager when we lose. Definitely a mentality thing but then again they have much more silverware in the modern era than us

Definitely not personally mate

:dierpochhug:

And fair play. You're a stubborn fucker. I'll give you that.
Maybe I go a bit too far sometimes, if somebody pisses me off.

But I really do firmly believe we could have worse owners.
That is NOT to say that Levy/Enic are perfect. Far from it, although some of the shite that is thrown at them (taking money out of club etc), is very far from the truth.
I said way back, it's probably a fear thing for me.

Maybe I go a bit too far sometimes, if somebody pisses me off.

But I really do firmly believe we could have worse owners.
That is NOT to say that Levy/Enic are perfect. Far from it, although some of the shite that is thrown at them (taking money out of club etc), is very far from the truth.
I said way back, it's probably a fear thing for me.
I know you believe what you post. And I respect you for that.

I blame you entirely for my late nights though. Just can't shake you off.

I think to myself I'll give it 10 minutes to see if he responds then go to bed and every time you pop up with just a couple of minutes to spare.

My other half is starting to give me suspicious looks.

Back
Top Bottom