Tottenham vs City - EFL Cup Final - Ref Fucks Up

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There is a reason why the dinosaur doesn't go around vocalising his past achievements anymore, that's because Pep has now won much more than him and more recently.
Shit! Wish I had paid attention to this switchover. Would have been nice to properly experience it.

Unless you actually think the dinosaur is relevant in today's world of football?
He isn't and it still boils my piss that folks revise history and make it like he EVER actually coached anything. It was the talent he had (late) and in his first stint it was the mere fact that he brought a more modern defensive organization to a ballsout English league and he combined that with superior talent.

Or indeed that he deserved to still be our manager, you don't do you?
Never. But you seem to be calling for him to have been here for today as if you are longing for his presence. You don't miss him already do you Guids?

I don't get this Laporte logic. Okay, he should have been booked for the first cynical foul. But do people realise if he was, he wouldn't have committed the second cynical foul. Or was there another foul I'm missing after he was booked because I don't recall one?

Thought alderweireld was oustanding today. World class and lloris. The leaders stood up today. Disappointed with final third players. Could have run more in certain stages and pressed. Mourinho was giving me a big headache with his style of play. Good to see us play on deck again. Bielsa for me next season. Poch mentor.

I have no games managed mate and I wouldn't have made those subs

Dress it how you want the Sissoko sub killed us going forward if Mourinho makes that you know your on here flaying him alive and he would have deserved it
Get forward??!!? When did we get forward in the 70mins before he came on the pitch? I must have blinked....

Ez1gmdGXIAQnzI7

I've never called out Mourinho for playing Sissoko. I've never called out Mourinho for his player selections because it didn't matter who he played we played shit under him regardless. That's because he was shit.

Can’t believe the arguments

Mason picked this side so you could actually see what it would have been like for a Jose side to play! What more do you want from him?!

In 10 years we will look back and won’t understand how we won nothing with this squad for over a decade

Still miss Dembele
They don't give a shit, that's why.

There's no real competition for places so one crap performance leads to a second and so on as there is nobody else to take their place. Levy needs to back the next manager, really back him.

Think ndombele will be sold. Get a big fee for him and 200k a week off wages. Bloke cant handle 90 minutes. Been shit since hes signed for us. Like going to work and you finish 2 hours earlier everyday as cant handle it.

The Laporte argument is a non-starter and a smokescreen. Our club (weak, fragile players and criminally inept owners) have badly let down the fans yet again. Insipid performance.

Really don’t know where Spurs go from here. We are a laughing stock. Managerless, with no chance of attracting a decent replacement. A broken squad with our talisman surely leaving. The future looks bleak.

Oh. And Sissoko. Fucking hell...

No coach in the world would have won this game for us. City is that much better. Break down today, get up and go for a place in Europe next season. With Potter, Nagelsman or ten Hag
We might not have won with another coach but hey the attempt to at least give it a go might have been different. We were defeatist even before kick off. The line up and subs didn’t help. In what world does sissoko replace gio instead of ndombele coming on. We have all seen how he plays for last 4 years yet mason thought we would have a better chance of winning with him and winks in CM. I mean I’m not a professional footballer/ coach paid more in a week than I earn in a year yet I could tell you that ain’t gonna work. They are both lazy who never track a runner and never tackle. Did winks make one tackle today? Ndombele for all his faults at least puts a foot in! Shocking display with no bravery at all and complete contradiction to what bale said post match Soton game about playing on the front foot.
I just don’t get mason what was he scared of? He has a few hit to go out and at least try to attack.. no one was gonna criticise him he we lost anyway so why not give it at least some sort of go instead play with a whimper and lose to a free kick near the end. That is the most disappointing thing! We’ve seen it so often under Maureen. Defend for 90 minutes invite the team on and something will happen like a deflection free kick etc.

Thought alderweireld was oustanding today. World class and lloris. The leaders stood up today. Disappointed with final third players. Could have run more in certain stages and pressed. Mourinho was giving me a big headache with his style of play. Good to see us play on deck again. Bielsa for me next season. Poch mentor.

He played fine. And, to be fair, a few wobbles aside, Dier was alright.

Watching us live, for the first time in ages, our midfield gives *absolutely* no support to the CBs. Winks and Hojberg stand about five yards in front of them and then point at either Reguillon or Aurier. That's it. Again, I don't like to lay into an individual too much, but Winks was genuinely fucking atrocious today. Utterly pointless sidewise passing, and on the occasion he tries to move it forward, he simply floats pointless balls out of play. Shocked to say this, but he's actually worse than Sissoko.

Shit! Wish I had paid attention to this switchover. Would have been nice to properly experience it.

He isn't and it still boils my piss that folks revise history and make it like he EVER actually coached anything. It was the talent he had (late) and in his first stint it was the mere fact that he brought a more modern defensive organization to a ballsout English league and he combined that with superior talent.

Never. But you seem to be calling for him to have been here for today as if you are longing for his presence. You don't miss him already do you Guids?
No, the point I'm making is he's relevant today. His trophies are won now, enforcing that he's current, at the top of his game and absolutely not a dinosaur.

They don't give a shit, that's why.

There's no real competition for places so one crap performance leads to a second and so on as there is nobody else to take their place. Levy needs to back the next manager, really back him.
He won't back anyone that doesn't do things his way. Poch warned of a rebuild 3 years ago and he was finished after that. Levy's control over the club at all levels including football matters is part of the problem.

Watching us live, for the first time in ages, our midfield gives *absolutely* no support to the CBs. Winks and Hojberg stand about five yards in front of them and then point at either Reguillon or Aurier. That's it. Again, I don't like to lay into an individual too much, but Winks was genuinely fucking atrocious today. Utterly pointless sidewise passing, and on the occasion he tries to move it forward, he simply floats pointless balls out of play. Shocked to say this, but he's actually worse than Sissoko.
Respect for going mate. Nice to see the tottenham fans cheer us on.

It's been like that for the last 2 years. Anytime Winks/Sissoko are on the pitch it's like having 9 players. All they can do is send the ball back to where they got it from. Usually as soon as possible.

It's a total failure of coaching and management that they've been allowed to get away with it for so long.

Get forward??!!? When did we get forward in the 70mins before he came on the pitch? I must have blinked....

Ez1gmdGXIAQnzI7

I've never called out Mourinho for playing Sissoko. I've never called out Mourinho for his player selections because it didn't matter who he played we played shit under him regardless. That's because he was shit.
Should have known you'd be into this hipster xG shite.

We don't need graphs, etc to tell us we played poorly and that we lost.

Back
Top Bottom