European Super League OFF; Spurs face withdrawal fee

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you support the European Super League

• Total voters
Good post.....There is always a breaking point with everything.
I read a good article about Amazon, were it states they are only one bad decision away or a bump in the road from collapse even tho they are the biggest grossing business on the planet.
Amazon relay 100% on the consumer market which is why they will deliver you a box of screws, to your door, for $5...... a box of screws that cost $5 in your local hardware store, they obviously make a small loss but it means your not buying your screws in your local hardware store, therefore not competing with small business but by crushing them, they will make back that small loss with the Amazon addicts who get every delivered to their door, again why Amazon have bought up grocery chains.....
One day Amazon will collapse when people’s mind sets change, and football will hopefully do the same....I’m all for fucking off this super league bollocks and would gladly put my money into a League one football team....

A simple game...#Created by the poor, stolen by the rich!!
As much as I dont want this monstrosity to happen, the poor wont be stopped from playing the game though ,will they?

Neeeeeever gonna happen. They're all worth too much to the TV companies and therefore the rights and therefore the leagues

I disagree.

They are quite specific about it.

Had a busy day at work so only followed danish news, but everyone from fans, clubs and players are very outspoken against it.

Also, the two danish / nordic media companies with broadcasting rights interviewed think (respectively) that's its dead in the water and are directly opposed to the idea of it. Directly quoted in interviews. The latter saying even that it's not a good product seeing Utd play FC Barcelona 2-4 times a season.

This is the backlash, that UEFA are milking politically right now.

They might even get away with deductions, fines or even bans for the clubs involved.

And I for one wouldn't shed a tear.

Not had time to read too much on this and certainly not 80+ pages. My view is like nearly everyone I am against it. not sure who is the driving force but not heard it is Levy. In fact Everton & Villa annoyed and maybe jealous they are not involved? I think that it is far from certain to go ahead but I would have been more unhappy if we were excluded. Whilst we are the 10th richest club, our playing record of lack of trophies does back up our enemies claims. No fans in the stadium helps as no demonstrations.
If not involved it would have sealed Kane etc leaving. all this talk of excluding the clubs from other competitions would be an OG, as a Spurs supporter I would not be interested in a CL or PL without Spurs.
Do not like the CL format or increasing it. The old European Cup & Cup winners cup was better.

Heard on the radio that Sky and BT could cancel their contracts and payments to the PL if the clubs are kicked out.
They have to, don't they? Even if they're still interested in the rights and against the ESL - the value of the league dramatically changes without the Seedy Six. It would be stupid business not to declare the contract null and void by force majuer and reconvene with a reformed football system.

To be honest, if they booted the 6, which I still don't think they will, why not just bin the EPL and return to the EFL? Makes more sense than West Ham trying to big it up as the new United.

They have to, don't they? Even if they're still interested in the rights and against the ESL - the value of the league dramatically changes without the Seedy Six. It would be stupid business not to declare the contract null and void by force majuer and reconvene with a reformed football system.

To be honest, if they booted the 6, which I still don't think they will, why not just bin the EPL and return to the EFL? Makes more sense than West Ham trying to big it up as the new United.

I would imagine legally it puts the prem in a bind. If they kick out the 6 then they will have to pay Sky and BT money they don’t have, but they won’t be able to sue because the 6 didn’t try and leave the Prem just the CL which is totally separate and it would be them taking the action not the 6.

I disagree.

They are quite specific about it.

Had a busy day at work so only followed danish news, but everyone from fans, clubs and players are very outspoken against it.

Also, the two danish / nordic media companies with broadcasting rights interviewed think (respectively) that's its dead in the water and are directly opposed to the idea of it. Directly quoted in interviews. The latter saying even that it's not a good product seeing Utd play FC Barcelona 2-4 times a season.

This is the backlash, that UEFA are milking politically right now.

They might even get away with deductions, fines or even bans for the clubs involved.

And I for one wouldn't shed a tear.
Oh almost everyone is against it for sure but they won't get binned or banned or fined.

They will be kicked out before the ink dries on their ESL contract.

This is UEFA+FAs opportunity to rid themselves of the some of the big clubs while feigning moral superiority and utilizing public outrage to hide their own failings.

Kicking out the players from NT games will be even easier as players dont have the leverage that the clubs do.
If UEFA / FA kick out these clubs. Absolutely no fucks will be given by the clubs who are going to be in the ESL. They will just play in that. Awful prospect but that’s the reality of this.

I would imagine legally it puts the prem in a bind. If they kick out the 6 then they will have to pay Sky and BT money they don’t have, but they won’t be able to sue because the 6 didn’t try and leave the Prem just the CL which is totally separate and it would be them taking the action not the 6.
Rule 9 gives them an out, doesn't it? They can claim the 6 violated the membership agreement and thus the PL had no choice?

Either way, I get the outrage and the desire to make a stand. When you really look at the realities of it, everyone is probably going to just bend over and take it in the end. Same as with the formation of the PL and the CL a generation before.

Be a good fan! Support your corporation!

Rollerball GIF by Filmin

Rule 9 gives them an out, doesn't it? They can claim the 6 violated the membership agreement and thus the PL had no choice?

Either way, I get the outrage and the desire to make a stand. When you really look at the realities of it, everyone is probably going to just bend over and take it in the end. Same as with the formation of the PL and the CL a generation before.

Whole thing is murky but with the power of City’s money, the likes of Levy. None of this would have happened without lawyers war gaming. I suspect a compromise will be reached eventually.

The governments nuclear option would be to force 51% fan ownership on the club to prevent it. The main underlying problem though is wages, they are not sustainable and clubs like Barca and Madrid even are being killed.

A salary cap is needed and is the elephant in the room.

Unless, as someone else on here suggested, that they contact the other 14 clubs and form a new league. Just as they did with the PL.
Promise the other clubs more money than they have now, and keep the Super League money for themselves.
That would leave the FA in limbo, no league, no clubs, nothing. The FA would then have to sanction the new league.

Unless, as someone else on here suggested, that they contact the other 14 clubs and form a new league. Just as they did with the PL.
Promise the other clubs more money than they have now, and keep the Super League money for themselves.
That would leave the FA in limbo, no league, no clubs, nothing. The FA would then have to sanction the new league.
A closed shop PL with no potential to see Spam relegated again?

:avbnaa:

Firstly BT has limited access to the PL and Sky is charging too much, when a business takes a new direction some times you just need to do the maths. This is a terrible decision for the club I have loved since a child. But football has a chance to recalibrate. FIFA, Prem, and EFL should take the red pill and say bye bye wankers.

If the greedy gits want change give it to them , I can watch some one else and maybe one day I may get passionate about them.

Back
Top Bottom