The Mighty Spurs v Man United. 11/04/21 @ 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can you slap a player in the build up and score?

• Yes please slap me and score

Votes: 19 31.7%
  • No

Votes: 43 71.7%

• Total voters
Great Dier for Toby
And there goes any of my remaining sympathy for Jose.
Why on earth would you start Dier? Also Rodon will now move to the right hand side where he hasn't played before so he'll probably be less comfortable. Well done Jose well done.
Dier was poor for all 3 goals.
Can't say I'm surprised.

Shouldn't have started him but did.

We could start by coaching the little talent we have into a pattern of play. I said it when we were top saying now. The man can not coach. I don't care who he has in his teams. Look up Rui Faria there's your answer the man's a fraud

Yeah, absolutely.

Our only strength is the attack, or it should be, so it doesn't take a genius to realise that as of right now we should focus on our strength and actually go out to attack opponents no matter who they are. Sure, we'll ship goals, but nobody will give a flying fuck if we're out-scoring teams and winning games still. He's still trying to get this Spurs team playing like the old Chelsea and Inter teams, but we obviously don't have world-class defenders. It's utter madness.

In fairness, GLC looked very tired. A better sub would have been Lámela.

Yeah, Gio was poor but what kind of manager would look to a bench with Dele, Lamela and Bale and select Sissoko as his match changing sub at 1-1? Only Mourinho.

You put your worst player on what the fuck do you expect? It’s like he forgot why he took him out of the team to start with.

Do we really want to keep players who don't want to play for us though? Sweet, Kane might become all time top goal scorer. That's great in our books.

But will any other football fan give a fuck about that? Probably not.

They will remember if Kane goes to City and helps them win a CL though. I couldnt tell you before who City's all time top scorer was but I bet we all can tell you who scored the winning goal for their first PL title.

Kane loves Spurs though mate, he is a supporter and just like the rest of us he is likely sick of how the club is operated.

He does want to play for us imo but he obviously realises we are fucked.

Very disappointing, but it's clear than they have better players than we do, especially at the back and in midfield. We can't even use our strengths properly cause of our weaknesses. It's a sad state.
Ndombele and Hojbjerg are miles better than McTominay and Fred.

Our midfield looked fine when we were actually utilizing them correctly, possessing the ball, moving it around the park.

What do people expect the team to do when the tactics deployed by the manager rely on the back four absorbing pressure?

What can I say?
- Negative substitutions
- Sit back in 1st half
- Man U played on Thursday yet more energetic than us
- Selecting Dier.

I'm tired. I didn't even celebrate when Son scored cuz I knew it wouldn't last. I'm tired of watching the club and falling out of love with football.

We had so many chances to get back in the top 4. Levy had that many chances to fire Jose- and did nothing. The really brilliant part is that now instead of losing merely 40m you also lost the faith of all your players and your fanbase.

I don't usually melt... but fuck this, fuck that and fuck the lot of them.

I was astonished at the Sissoko sub. I can't defend that decision, it's simply idiotic. I have no words.

What a fucking depressing game.
The only argument I can make for it is that Gio was legitimately anonymous in the 2nd half and doesn't have 90 minutes in him yet as he's still coming back from injury. So we need to bring on a MF player.

Tanguy was tiring as well (this is a separate issue) so we needed a CM. That really leaves you with Winks or Sissoko, neither are great options.

Back
Top Bottom