Newcastle United v TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR - Sunday 4th April 2021 KO: 14:05

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We sold Modric and Bale...we wasted a bunch of the money, sure, but it took a club that was "Champions League and having a laugh" to a club in the CL final that ought to have won at least one league title.

But, by all means, keep deluding yourself into thinking next year will be the year this squad figures out how to win.
Show me the post where I said we should keep the exact same squad next year. I've said earlier in this exact thread the biggest priority this summer is bringing in a top class CB.

We have more than these two options:

1. Sell both Kane and Son
2. Do nothing at all

I even said I would be open to selling Son, and if that's what it takes to get in a top class CB then I might actually do that. Selling both Kane and Son is just nonsense though.

EVERY defender is going to be exposed when a champo side is capable of having 22 shots against you because the team is so poorly coached and set up.

article-2593232-1CB6026D00000578-871_634x528.jpg
So Sanchez was exposed for that header early on when no one was near him but he still managed to find an opposition player
Just one example but rewatch the game and there were loads of unforced errors by crap players

Not excusing Jose but this was a poor performance all round apart from Harry’s second goal and a couple of decent saves by Hugo

Massive clear out required

Daka, Gouiri, Gonzalez, Hlozek, Neto, Gil, Malen.

Loads of players out there that will be top class in a few years. Not that I trust the Hitch to pick the right ones.
Okay, let's say we buy a couple of these players.
Would you prefer it if these youngsters came in and played alongside Son & Kane? Or if they were suddenly given the responsibility alongside Lamela etc. to deliver week in week out.

What’s this Forum got to do with it?

Most of our players are playing shit because they are shit and were shit under Poch and will still be shit for the next manager
Because it reflected the view of Spurs fans but more importantly Mourinho thought the players were excellent, he tried to previously buy them. He said he will win the league THIS YEAR with them he rated them so highly. Because he has gone on to buy a fair few of them and offering contracts to two of them.

I'm done with a Jose Mourinho Tottenham...

He's just a better looking George Graham... and I hated us then....

Still, at least we might get a League Cup out of it....

"Man in a RainCunts blue and white army!"
Graham was known as Gorgeous George by Woolwich fans I think, he was a manager who played shit football but he was no Ian Dowie. Their true ugliness is in their football philosophy

Haven't felt this disillusioned watching Spurs probably since the David Pleat caretaker season.

The cup final is the only thing keeping me going and in truth I am shitting it about that.

When your defence cant contain Newcastle you know you have real problems. And yet when I look at it objectively I don't think we are that far away,

Skipp will be the Winks upgrade next season and if we got 2 x new CBs and 1 x new RB, I think we will be able to compete near the top again. I am talking about proper defenders who can hit the Premier League running not one of Levi's cheapo 10 million Championship or French League punts.

I guess the disillusionment is that I have no faith we will go out and get what is required.

So Sanchez was exposed for that header early on when no one was near him but he still managed to find an opposition player
Just one example but rewatch the game and there were loads of unenforced errors by crap players

Not excusing Jose but this was a poor performance all round apart from Harry’s second goal and a couple of decent saves by Hugo

The way we play is our problem, if you can't see this then not much more can be said.

Only way you get £14M for Dier is if you loan someone £13,999,999.

Decent list, though, I just think you're overvalued our dross...especially in the covid economy.
Quite a few people were angry with me saying that I undervalued some of our sales lol.

But yeah I agree perhaps Dier for £14M is a bit ambitious. But drop it to £10M and I think it's doable. The other prices are realistic though (for example Winks for £15M... Daily Mirror report said Atletico, Sevilla Everton were watching him and his prices estimate was £15-20M).

Just one example but rewatch the game and there were loads of unenforced errors by crap players

Should have hooked him mate, put anyone there but him, he was having a Reggie

Show me the post where I said we should keep the exact same squad next year. I've said earlier in this exact thread the biggest priority this summer is bringing in a top class CB.

2. Do nothing at all

I even said I would be open to selling Son, and if that's what it takes to get in a top class CB then I might actually do that. Selling both Kane and Son is just nonsense though.
If Son goes I can see Kane demanding to be sold, and if Kane goes I can see Son demanding to be sold.

Those two are at the peak of their abilities with only a few more years left, and as soon as we show signs of dismantling, others will also jump ship. We’re in a really precarious situation here and either Levy invests more or we might be forced to build from scratch.

Would you prefer it if these youngsters came in and played alongside Son & Kane? Or if they were suddenly given the responsibility alongside Lamela etc. to deliver week in week out.
Oh, alongside all day. And Kane I'd not be losing if at all possible. A club legend and gets through Trojan work for us.

Son is great but I don't think he's irreplaceable and is at a good age to sell if a Madrid/Juventus would splash 70/80m on him.

Imagine how fucked we would be next season if we sold both Kane and Son, even if we brought in some great young talent. We all know young talent takes time to develop and adjust to the league.

We'd be lucky to finish in the top half of the table next season. That means less money for transfers, less ability to attract talent. etc.

1-2 years out of Europe and the club could be in a free fall.

It's a suggestion made by people who play too much FIFA and think it's just easy to make seamlessly make wholesale squad changes year in year out.

Because it reflected the view of Spurs fans but more importantly Mourinho thought the players were excellent, he tried to previously buy them. He said he will win the league THIS YEAR with them he rated them so highly. Because he has gone on to buy a fair few of them and offering contracts to two of them.
Any links to Jose saying exactly that?

“I will win the league with these players “

it only reflected the views of this forum not that it matters

2. Do nothing at all

Sorry. I've watched us try this for 6 years in a row now. Its always next year it will come off. Next year Kane won't get injured. Next year we'll have the strength not to throw away points. Next year we will shore up midfield. Next year the defence will be more experienced.

I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't have any faith Kane is going to lift a trophy at Spurs. And it'll go down as a tragedy. But this close is a lot further away that we delude ourselves into believing they are....and every year we fall that much further behind. And I'm tired of it. Reset.

Imagine how fucked we would be next season if we sold both Kane and Son, even if we brought in some great young talent. We all know young talent takes time to develop and adjust to the league.

We'd be lucky to finish in the top half of the table next season. That means less money for transfers, less ability to attract talent. etc.

1-2 years out of Europe and the club could be in a free fall.

It's a suggestion made by people who play too much FIFA and think it's just easy to make seamlessly make wholesale squad changes year in year out.
I don't even play video games, champ, and haven't in 2 decades.

:mourglasses:

Back
Top Bottom