Season Run in

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Possible but not probable. Our next 3 fixtures are not easy and nor is our final one. Not sure what anyone has seen in the past week to suggest we can put a winning run together.

I don't see who we catch in the top 4. Chelsea's next 3 are West Brom, Palace and Brighton wheras we play Newcastle, Man U and Everton. I'm struggling to see more than 4 or 5 pts from us there. Pretty sure Chelsea get 9 from their 3 games and will be out of sight.
Leicester yesterday were sensational, we've probably played that well once this season (Utd away). They aren't going to collapse. We might get closer in the next set of fixtures as they have City but that will be about as close as we get.

Chelsea also have CL QF games in and around those games. You don't rest anyone for those. And we play United smack bang in the middle of their EL tie. Leicester have City next, lose that and they only need to drop 2 more points for it to be in our power to overtake them.

Mathematically possible but realistically not happening . 9 games left .. 9 points I reckon. We will end the season on 57 points

Whether it's on our not, let's not tell the players. The moment we're talked about as being able to achieve something they play shit.

So as far as they're all concerned, we're 10th. 31 points behind 9th place and 31 points ahead of 11th.

Sunday 21`March - Aston Villa (A)
International Break
Sunday 4 April - Newcastle (A)
Sunday 11 April - ManU (H)
Saturday 17 April - Everton (A)
Sunday 25 April - ManCity (Wembley Cup Final)
Saturday 1 May - Sheffield United (H)
Saturday 8 May - Leeds U (A)
Wednesday 12 May - Wolves (H)
Saturday 15 May - Aston Villa (H)
Sunday 23 May - Leicester C (A)

Still to be re-scheduled Southampton (h)

So after the international break its pretty much one game a week. Surely the end of tired players.

Time to choose teams around which players are likely to be here next season ? And time to train mid week and practice for set pieces etc.

And focus on a higher PL place now ?
Play the starting 11 from yesterday plus Son, Dele, Toby and Lamela

The rest of those traitor shitcunts are never to be seen in a Spurs shirt again. Sissoko coming on last night was an insult to the fans and club - pathetic bottling lazy gooner wankstain

This is my prediction (haven't bothered working out the points for Citeh)...

1. Citeh
2. Leicester - 71
3. Chelsea - 69
4. Man Utd - 68
5. Us - 67
6. & 7. Wet Ham & Dippers - don't care which way round - 66
8. Everton - 61

So, it's another year of Europa League for us, because we ain't winning no trophy.

Woolich could get their ugly faces in there somewhere, but it'll be below us, so who cares?

Come back here and congratulate me at the end of May.

Would ANYONE unless they are out of their Vulcan mind dare predict an outcome to any of our remaining games?
The one thing you can say about us this season is that we're utterly predictable. Other than beating United and City and not beating Newcastle and Fulham at home i'd say our results have been pretty much what you'd expect. Given that i'd go for wins against Newcastle, Sheff Utd, Villa, Southampton and Wolves. A draw at Leeds and defeats to United, Everton and Leicester.

The one thing you can say about us this season is that we're utterly predictable. Other than beating United and City and not beating Newcastle and Fulham at home i'd say our results have been pretty much what you'd expect. Given that i'd go for wins against Newcastle, Sheff Utd, Villa, Southampton and Wolves. A draw at Leeds and defeats to United, Everton and Leicester.

Seems fair and where do you think we will end up. I am guessing around 5-6th.

I largely agree but we absolutely schooled Leeds at home, I think we will win at Elland Road

Leicester play city after the international break. Leicester now have a probable cup final appearance on their minds. Lose to city, we beat Newcastle and we are 5 behind. We have to get it to 3 points before last game of season vs them.
Cup final is week before end of season so prob a midweek game before the end. Also game to be re arranged for fa cup semi final.
Definitely possible as Kane will have a week between.
games so should be flying.
Cannot see us catching Chelsea with the form they are in.

I don't see who we catch in the top 4. Chelsea's next 3 are West Brom, Palace and Brighton wheras we play Newcastle, Man U and Everton. I'm struggling to see more than 4 or 5 pts from us there. Pretty sure Chelsea get 9 from their 3 games and will be out of sight.
Leicester yesterday were sensational, we've probably played that well once this season (Utd away). They aren't going to collapse. We might get closer in the next set of fixtures as they have City but that will be about as close as we get.

Why do you take next 3 games?

By the end of the season Chelsea has to play West Ham (A) ; Man City (A); Woolwich (H); Leicester (H). Those are 4 VERY tricky games for them.

I would argue that our 3 difficult games in Manu (H); Everton (A); Leicester (A) are in fact easier. Leicester is the same, ManU is more beatable than Man City. West Ham and Woolwich are both derby-games, and we know from our own account that both of those lousy teams will turn up for this tie.

Why do you take next 3 games?

By the end of the season Chelsea has to play West Ham (A) ; Man City (A); Woolwich (H); Leicester (H). Those are 4 VERY tricky games for them.

I would argue that our 3 difficult games in Manu (H); Everton (A); Leicester (A) are in fact easier. Leicester is the same, ManU is more beatable than Man City. West Ham and Woolwich are both derby-games, and we know from our own account that both of those lousy teams will turn up for this tie.
Simply because if we get to a stage we're 7 or 8 pts off top 4 i can't see us coming back with 6 games to play.

Back
Top Bottom