Woolwich Scum away Sunday 14 March 4.30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Sissoko sub was evidence that he saw Doherty was struggling and needed help

I do concede that he should have done it well before that when it was obvious that Bale found it to be beneath him helping out his FB
Right so the likes of bale kane son (had he stayed on or the likes of lamela that replaced him) have to help our their full backs?? Bollocks. They are attacking players and should be used to their strengths. To have to constantly come back and forward is not going to work is it. A stupid tactic. What he should have instead done is put aurier on instead of Doherty who is dog shit

You’re not having it because you have a clear agenda like a few others on here and elsewhere as evidenced by your silly name

Call yourself Bazali2 for some credibility
Every point of what he said was correct and you have no response to any of it. Set to sit back like we're a team at the bottom. How do you defend the tactics. Quite clearly were not and have not worked ever so why bother with it after the high of a ,4 game run. Utter bullshit just when top4 looked realistic again. What's the fucking point playing like this. Joke!

Right so the likes of bale kane son (had he stayed on or the likes of lamela that replaced him) have to help our their full backs?? Bollocks. They are attacking players and should be used to their strengths. To have to constantly come back and forward is not going to work is it. A stupid tactic. What he should have instead done is put aurier on instead of Doherty who is dog shit
Aurier had a knock and couldn’t start

Son now does chase back and help the FB
Didn’t use to but does now under Jose

Bale should have done the same but couldn’t be bothered
Beneath him clearly

I agree Doherty is dog shit!

Every point of what he said was correct and you have no response to any of it. Set to sit back like we're a team at the bottom. How do you defend the tactics. Quite clearly were not and have not worked ever so why bother with it after the high of a ,4 game run. Utter bullshit just when top4 looked realistic again. What's the fucking point playing like this. Joke!
What?

Has anyone seen the nonsense on Sky Sports about the penalty?

My first thought during the match was that the foul was after the chance had gone but I didn't know the rules.
Dermot Gallagher is now saying it shouldn't have been a penalty for that very reason, but VAR couldn't over turn the ref.
Fucking scrap VAR then? Surely its only purpose in life is to correct mistakes.
Better still, scrap the fucking ref and just use VAR.

20 years ago they wouldnt have to help out. Nowadays of course they do!! Or we get what happened sunday. Thats like saying our full backs cant attack because they are defenders. Our midfield have to stay in midfield and so on. Salah, mane, sterling, de bruyne, rashford et all always put in a shift tracking runners working back while getting forward. Its the way the game is now

Has anyone seen the nonsense on Sky Sports about the penalty?

My first thought during the match was that the foul was after the chance had gone but I didn't know the rules.
Dermot Gallagher is now saying it shouldn't have been a penalty for that very reason, but VAR couldn't over turn the ref.
Fucking scrap VAR then? Surely its only purpose in life is to correct mistakes.
Better still, scrap the fucking ref and just use VAR.
Its a fucking joke

Merson!! What a fucking clown. Arteta masterstroke!! What was this masterstroke?? We were shit. And took a shit penalty to beat us.
Was it artetas plan we were so shit. Fucking more myths about lego boy

Merson!! What a fucking clown. Arteta masterstroke!! What was this masterstroke?? We were shit. And took a shit penalty to beat us.
Was it artetas plan we were so shit. Fucking more myths about lego boy
And still could have got a draw late on with ten men

I do wonder if we spent all week training to play against Aubameyang and then didn't know what to do when finding out he wasn't playing.
But then I figured they probably spent all week training to play him, then he fucked up and they had a few hours to work out their plan.

And still could have got a draw late on with ten men
We parked the bus for 70 minutes, and Woolwich were able to be aggressive. When we went down to 10, Woolwich sat back and we took it to them with 10 men. They were on the ropes at the end, we could have easily won 2-3. Imagine if we had high pressed from the get go.

We parked the bus for 70 minutes, and Woolwich were able to be aggressive. When we went down to 10, Woolwich sat back and we took it to them with 10 men. They were on the ropes at the end, we could have easily won 2-3. Imagine if we had high pressed from the get go.
I totally agree but I’m sure Jose didn’t set them up to do that
He’s too smart so down to the players for me

Where he was at fault was not providing cover for Doherty earlier

Why do you think we have players who completely disregard what the manager says. If we do they clearly don’t respect him
No idea

There’s something not right with us and I’m going back to the Poch years at the end

Go figure because I don’t know 🤷

If an attacking player is not good enough to pin back his fullback/defender, then he needs to track back to help his team defend. This is standard for every successful team.

You should not leave your full back alone to deal with two attackers. That is a recipe for failure

Back
Top Bottom