Europa League 2020-21 - Quest For Glory

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We should be able to navigate our way through to the Qtrs. with this draw...

AC Milan/Man Utd sounds tasty... but that's the 1990's talking... in reality it will probably be quite dull... whoever goes out will be good for whoever stays in!

Olympiakos have done it to them before, but OBVIOUSLY the whole Arse-Media-Gooner narrative will be on revenge!

Jose will want to win this... and I think he thinks we can!

Dinamo fan from Australia here.

I am supremely confident that we can go down to the wire with Spurs.

This is the best Dinamo Zagreb team since 1997 where we lost 2-1 on aggregate to Atletico Madrid. We drew 0-0 at Man Utd and lost 1-2 in the return leg in the Champions League in 1999.

This is a superior team to both of those sides. We are the hardest Euro opponent you have faced in 2020/21 and it's not even close.

Can't wait!!

This is the best Dinamo Zagreb team since 1997 where we lost 2-1 on aggregate to Atletico Madrid. We drew 0-0 at Man Utd and lost 1-2 in the return leg in the Champions League in 1999.

This is a superior team to both of those sides. We are the hardest Euro opponent you have faced in 2020/21 and it's not even close.

Can't wait!!
I´ve been reading some worrying things about the Dinamo Zagreb team. Please tell me if you agree with most (or at least some) of this. Thanks.

"
St-Petkovic he will be sold for 20 mil this summer , Croatian national team first choice striker , late bloomer but honestly he is top top striker; tall , dribles very well

GK-Livakovic 1st choice croatian national team gk , my opinion is that he is the best gk in europa leauge

LB- Gvardiol he was sold last summer for 20-25 mil to rb leipzig and loand to dinamo this year , he is the next upamecano

CB-sold older defender with 200 apps in top 5 leauges and a prospect that dinamo bough5 for 5 mil last summer

CM Majer - media calls him next modric im not sure but he is a prospect

CM-Ademi capitan, he had 2 year suspension few years ago and dinamo kept paying him and extended his contract this is a top top quality player only reason he is still in dinamo is loyality

LW- Orsic , honestly this guy is Stevie b quality player.

So basically good defensivly , they press alot , and conceded only 1 goal in group stage and didnt lose a game

"

Last edited:

Can't wait!!
You are getting pumped and sent back to Zagreb

Bookies odds

Man Utd - 10/3
Tottenham - 7/2
Woolwich - 6/1
AC Milan - 8/1
Ajax - 9/1
Roma - 10/1
Villareal - 11/1
Rangers - 16/1
Granada - 20/1
Shaktar - 28/1
Olympiakos - 33/1
Dynamo Kiev - 40/1
Dinamo Zagreb - 50/1
Slavia Prague - 66/1
Young Boys - 75/1
Molde - 150/1

Makes Man Utd slight favourites at 3.33/1, we're at 3.5/1.
One of the first 7 will win it and one has to be eliminated. looking good for a British win but that is only good news if us.

Another sweet draw. If nothing else Jose has brought us incredible luck with some super soft draws in Cup so far this year. Couldn't have been much easier in each one.

Plus there is at least one other draw between bad teams Molde-Granada ensuring that we have at least one other easy opponent to draw in the next round. United-Milan ensuring at least one of the better teams is out is amazing luck as well.

Can't wait!!
I will have a kilo of what you have been smoking me thinks!

Can't wait!!
Cool story, bro

Hello to all from a big Spurs fan from a beautiful city in Croatia, which I`m sure many of you have visited, Split.

Other than the mighty Spurs team I am of course a big fan of the best Croatian team ever Hajduk Split. The team which you maybe remember because our dirty fans killed a rooster before the game. Crazy people I know.

In any case Dinamo is an extremely difficult team. As a Hajduk fan I am trying to be objective and I really hate Dinamo, but Dinamo I think has better players in most positions than our quite weak Spurs team this season. You cannot compare a player like Kane who on the World cup only scores against teams like Panama or Tunisia to a player such as Petkovic who is the best striker of the World cup runner up. Or if we go into a more deep analysis, Dinamo also has a very young goalkeeper, also number 1 goalkeeper of Croatia which again you cannot compare to Lloris who used to be top-class, but now he has reflexes like my grandfather.

Their wingers Ivanusec and Orsic are simply top class. They have technic which Premiership lacks a lot. They also have pace, speed and everything what modern players need. They have this tiger called Ademi, their captain, who if he was colored in black would be the best Defensive Midfielder in our team by far. You cannot compare Ndombele who can hardly pass 2 meters in front of him to Ademi, trust me. Ademi even used to be on drugs and apparently he still uses some sort of doping to enhance his immense skills. There is no other real explanation why is he so good.

Dinamo beat Atalanta last year 4-0. Complete domination. Dinamo`s team is much better this season and I think they are one of the top 4 favorites of the Europa League. If we manager to beat them we can surely win the Europa League with ease, but I would give us maximum 45% chances and that is only if Jose will put a very defensive tactic with good counter attacks. If he lets Dinamo play defensively, Orsic, Ivanusec and Petkovic could be extremely deadly.

Also just for comparison, Dinamo also beat those darn Gunners a few years back 2-1, in a game in which extremely untalented players played for Dinamo, but they still beat them. Dinamos team is much better today, but I am not so certain that Tottenham is better than that Woolwich team. I surely hope we are, but Premiership also is not what it used to be. We see whats happening in Europe and how our teams can only pass to the next phase if Mutti Merkel does not allow Germans to play at home or same for those Spaniards playing in Budapest. Leicester who is currently a top 4 team of the Premiership did not have 3 decent chances against Czechs, so all in all, we should not understimate a great team such as Dinamo Zagreb.

Back
Top Bottom