Thee Mighty Tottenham Hotspur v WBA : Sunday 12:00pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This probably gives Mourinho a few more weeks. As to long as we win I'm not going to cry for Jose's head. If he could bring us European football next year and if we get a new progressive coach starting a new project this summer, it's about the best I can hope for from this Mourinho period.

To be clear, I'd not protest if he got the boot today.

All because he didn't like being called out for telling someone to kill themselves.

:mourfacepalm:
I know right, baffling...

SouthStand Billy SouthStand Billy sometimes lad in life you offend people even if it wasn't your intention. For instance my old username (selected by others). I understood and changed it. At your big age you should know this. Instead you double down at the expense of your reputation or what's left of it.

You seem to think i'm bothered
200.gif

Just seems odd you've just said this forum is one of the most pathetic places on the internet, yet here you are.

Why would I walk out the door, it's you that has your knickers in a twist and seem to hate the place.
I guess i'm clinging on to the fact that it could be good again, but it seems not.

Noticed the amount of decent posters that have left lately??

It's embarrassing other fans using this forum as their fix the same we used to use AFTV.

Goals aside, looked better if disjointed the first half, a lot crisper the first 15 minutes of the second and it led to two goals, then just a bunch of game management. Get one then counter attack for a second with a clean sheet is Mourinho's ideal match, so he's probably pretty happy.

Dropping Ndombele deeper not only gives our midfield significantly more passing and ball movement, it allows us to put another attacker in at the 10 spot. The defensive issues I saw today were not because of our midfield, and I thought both Hojbjerg and Ndombele tracked a lot of ground.

Opponent quality aside, things to build on if we choose to.

I guess i'm clinging on to the fact that it could be good again, but it seems not.

Noticed the amount of decent posters that have left lately??

It's embarrassing other fans using this forum as their fix the same we used to use AFTV.
It won't get good again the way you're carrying on.

Oh no! Some posters left? How ever will we cope?

There's still plenty good ones left and plenty great topics to contribute to.

I'm sure TFC will cope.

Our defence is utterly hopeless, they didn't play them offside. Just got lucky twice. Never quite looked comfortable until stoppage time back there. Would help not changing it every game.
You need to rewatch that again and again until you see it. It’s absolutely obvious what Sanchez is doing.

there are loads of top analysts agreeing too.

As mentioned in the Jose thread, I don't see how people can say that was an improved performance. I didn't see the first half granted, but what I saw was no better than what we have seen. The only difference was WBA was the competition.

The passing and movement was so slow and lacking any real game plan. I love watching sides that know what is coming next in a movement. We stare at the man we want to pass to for ages and then make the pass. We don't play subconsciously for many portions of the game except on sublime counter attacks. The rest of the game is labored, slow football.
To be fair, I think we moved the ball well enough in the first half and should have had a goal. Lamela was bright, and Kane had some great touches to create openings. Once it was 2-0 we pretty much stopped playing.

Hmmmm, so that Fulham, Liverpool today and Palace we missed chances to out the game to bed, but all you want to bang on about is Wolves and claim it’s the norm despite being one of 4
what on earth are you waffling on about???? I didn't bring up wolves...you initially did and used it as an example of us creating chances. I said we didn't create much in that game.

my initial post was that lately we haven't created enough chances (prior to today). Against Chelsea did we create enough? no
Against Brighton did we create enough? no
Against Liverpool did we creat enough? no

Although I thought Sanchez played better than some people, I think our first choice pairing should be Toby-Rodon. Toby has the passing ability we need from the CB, and Rodon is athletic and can play on the left - also very assured on the ball.

I don't think our RB/LB are a disaster either, just average.

If we can protect/shield our average defense with our above average to excellent midfield and attackers, we may just have something.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom