Wycombe Wanderers vs Tottenham Hotspur | FA Cup 4th Round | Monday 25 Jan, KO: 19:45

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who cares where they are from. All of our players are human... They should be treated equally regardless of whether they are homegrown or not.
I agree, I hate any sort of abuse to our players (I'm not talking about honest critique) but just feel that Harry Winks gets more than his fair share. before he even kicks a ball.
It's like some posters want him and others to fail, to make them look good and be able to say 'I told you so'.

I agree, I hate any sort of abuse to our players (I'm not talking about honest critique) but just feel that Harry Winks gets more than his fair share. before he even kicks a ball.
It's like some posters want him and others to fail, to make them look good and be able to say 'I told you so'.

Absolutely agree. So good to see :

you don't understand football, do you?
His work off the ball and his ability to make himself available for a pass is wonderful.
But, you only see what you want to see.
Understand it? It's a game I play and watch and enjoy very much. I understand it no more or less than you do.

I have no issue with Harry Winks. Very fond of him really. He's often good and I support him as a player at the club. Played very well against Leeds and Newcastle this year. Wouldn't sell him or get rid or anything like that. To say his work off the ball is wonderful is a bit silly. He's a good squad player and if his work off the ball was wonderful he'd be more than that.

He was poor for 60 or so minutes today though, shirked challenges, easily bypassed, poor physical presence. Played much better when Hojbjerg and Ndombele were on the field and scored a good goal.

?? Did she say anything differently? Everyone favours their homegrown players because they have a closer connection to them. That's just natural and normal. You love your own family more than other families, right? You seem to be trying to make an issue out of nothing.
I just don't see how you would have a closer connection unless they were people you grew up with or knew personally. For example Hugo has been in our team for a long time now and he is not homegrown but Winks is. Personally I have more of a 'connection' with Hugo, as I have been watching him for much longer..

Understand it? It's a game I play and watch and enjoy very much. I understand it no more or less than you do.

I have no issue with Harry Winks. Very fond of him really. He's often good and I support him as a player at the club. Played very well against Leeds and Newcastle this year. Wouldn't sell him or get rid or anything like that. To say his work off the ball is wonderful is a bit silly. He's a good squad player and if his work off the ball was wonderful he'd be more than that.

He was poor for 60 or so minutes today though, shirked challenges, easily bypassed, poor physical presence. Played much better when Hojbjerg and Ndombele were on the field and scored a good goal.

You do realise he was man of the match, right?

I'm very much a "the scoreline tells you who the best team was" guy, but for any commentator talking about "deserve" in this game: 4-1 flattered them. Bale should have had 3 in the first alone. We hit the woodwork at least twice. Kane and Son both missed absolute sitters. Lucas was an unlucky bounce away. We dominated them. This wasn't a close match.

And while I liked Jose's changes, I think Vini/Lucas/Bale would have also scored a couple in the last 10 against these guys, at no point was I worried, even after they scored.

Hairy’s Post Match Thoughts

1. Thought Bale was brilliant. Looked very lively, asking a lot of question. Goal was just the icing. Should be in the starting 11 in the PL. I’ll take him over Lucas, Lamela, Bergwijn, and maybe GLC. He making good passes, but a lot of the squad aren’t expecting it. Ups to Bun Man

2. Should of never had to bring on the A team against a bottom dwelling championship side.

3. That late sub from Wycombe was a scary dude

4. First the Sissoko goal in the League Cup and now Winks today. Have I slipped in to an alternate dimension? That shot winks had prior to the goal was horrific.

5. Where was PEH playing when he subbed in? Never did figure that out.

6. At least we didn’t go up 1-0 then sit back and defend. Entertaining football today.

Hairy’s Post Match Thoughts

1. Thought Bale was brilliant. Looked very lively, asking a lot of question. Goal was just the icing. Should be in the starting 11 in the PL. I’ll take him over Lucas, Lamela, Bergwijn, and maybe GLC. He making good passes, but a lot of the squad aren’t expecting it. Ups to Bun Man

2. Should of never had to bring on the A team against a bottom dwelling championship side.

3. That late sub from Wycombe was a scary dude

4. First the Sissoko goal in the League Cup and now Winks today. Have I slipped in to an alternate dimension? That shot winks had prior to the goal was horrific.

5. Where was PEH playing when he subbed in? Never did figure that out.

6. At least we didn’t go up 1-0 then sit back and defend. Entertaining football today.
We need to bring the A team to avoid extra time. Even second string wouldn't fancy playing 120 minutes in this weather and risk injuries.

PEH was very influential for us to total dominate the second half. He plays more like box to box than the usual conservative defensive midfielder role. Commentator often mistook him for Winks.

He was definitely playing on his level
For fucks sake, he's a squad player who's more Spurs than we can dream of. He comes in and plays well against the teams that people are screaming that we should rest our first team for and all they can then say is "found his level". Not "played really well", not "great goal at a crucial time", nothing positive at all.

I just don't get how people can be so fucking bitter about our players, even when they do really well.

People (who would melt like a Mr Whippy in high summer if they were ever face to face with him, let's not forget that) have called him "Wanks" on this forum, just consider how utterly pathetic that is

Back
Top Bottom